Goodpasture vs. Alcoa

GHSFAN07

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goodpasture will have to come up with a way to stop either Shiverdecker or the passing game and be able to focus on the other. Lets hope for a good clean, injury free game!

They'll have to find a way to stop Shivy and the passing game if they expect to win. Even if they stop Shivy, there's Tate and Hodge waiting in the wings. Thompson is always a threat, too.

I'll have to agree with you on one thing, though:

We all hope for a good, clean, injury free game.

Aloca 42-21. In my opinion Alcoa has way to many athletes for Goodpasture to be able to control. I expected Goodpasture to run all over Milan but they never really did. All they could do was hit a big play and that wont happen against Alcoa. Alcoa has already faced a 2 or 3 teams as good or better than Goodpasture and that will help them a lot this week. I just believe they have too many athletes and to much speed for Goodpasture to stay close.

Edited by Titans02

Great post, but we first played Goodpasture in 1978. Maryville was just up the road at Vandy handing it to Brentwood Academy. I was a 7th grader and my cousin was one of the stars on the team. I can remember the line of cars from Blount County (Maryville and Alcoa) heading back home after the games. Still gives me chill bumps. No one, and I mean no one from other parts in the state understand what it means to play at these two schools. Just totally unbelievable if you look at the history in this county. I went to college in the Nashville area and would occasionally bring fraternity brothers back to the "game" and they just couldn't believe the fanfare and excitement. Anyway, I will never forget that night in Nashville. Glen Sankey knocked out their "stud" Tight End who went on to start at Vandy. The Goodpasture folks were class acts as they fed the Alcoa folks afterwards in their gym. Johnny Cash was there as his son was a student at Goodpasture.

The tight end would have to have been Armando Fitz.

Aloca 42-21. In my opinion Aloca has way to many athletes for Goodpasture to be able to control. I expected Goodpasture to run all over Milan but they never really did. All they could do was hit a big play and that wont happen against Aloca. Aloca has already faced a 2 or 3 teams as good or better than Goodpasture and that will help them a lot this week. I just believe they have too many athletes and to much speed for Goodpasture to stay close.

You do know that it's ALCOA (not aloca), don't you???

This will be a great game. Alcoa has a lot of speed ,Goodpasture may be a bit slower, but.... Goodpasture will keep putting in the Fresh legs,and that will be the difference in this game...Alcoa fans seem to think they are playing the same Goodpasture team as last season. This will be a high scoring game on both sides.

Goodpasture 35

Alcoa 31

This will be a great game. Alcoa has a lot of speed ,Goodpasture may be a bit slower, but.... Goodpasture will keep putting in the Fresh legs,and that will be the difference in this game...Alcoa fans seem to think they are playing the same Goodpasture team as last season. This will be a high scoring game on both sides.

Goodpasture 35

Alcoa 31

Sounds about right. I will take it.

I would have Goodpasture winning by 7 to 10 points.

If anyone on Alcoa says we don't have speed this

year than they have not seen them play yet. That's

ok. I can't wait to watch the game Friday.

Go Cougars!