Goodpasture vs. Alcoa

GHSFAN07

Sounds about right. I will take it.

I would have Goodpasture winning by 7 to 10 points.

If anyone on Alcoa says we don't have speed this

year than they have not seen them play yet. That's

ok. I can't wait to watch the game Friday.

Go Cougars!

GP is slow and I've watched them play.

Chris Shiverdecker (`05 Championship MVP, `06 2A Mr. Football) will look like lighting on that new MTSU turf!

Due to a injury last season...........GP will get their first look at Rae Sykes #90...........One of the top DE in the Nation! The QB Hunter! He also loves to turn the jet sweep back inside, so Bart Hicks can take their head off! :thumb:

-BlountCountySportsFan

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All I have to say is This better be the best GP team ever (and from what Ive seen its not) because I saw the best high school football team I have ever seen Fri. night in Smith County and it wasnt the owls. GP better have the best team they have had in the past 10 years or they dont have a chance! The Alcoa team I saw Friday night would run through any GP team I have seen play in the past 10 years like a train. I am from middle TN and have seen GP play alot, been in the same region. They dont have a chance!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris Shiverdecker (`05 Championship MVP, `06 2A Mr. Football) will look like lighting on that new MTSU turf!

Due to a injury last season...........GP will get their first look at Rae Sykes #90...........One of the top DE in the Nation! The QB Hunter! He also loves to turn the jet sweep back inside, so Bart Hicks can take their head off! :unsure:

-BlountCountySportsFan

Is that it?? I know Shiverdecker is the fastest back we have seen this year but we saw him last year and learned our lesson. He will get some yards but we will slow him down. Especially after he tore us apart last year. I am sure they will have a good gameplan for him. And yes. our backs will have lightning speed on the carpet as well and then after that we will have the RB's that love to get in the trenches and run over some players. I know that you have not seen them play after your first statement unless it was the mud game over at CPA where not team was going very fast in the mud. Most teams we have played this year have

said the same thing until the game is over. How many sacks does Sykes have this year since you said he is the qb hunter, but aren't all DE qb hunters??? Should be a great game I just get tired of hearing everyone on here saying how fast there players are and on turf no one in the nation will be able to keep up with them, etc. These two great teams have made it to the last game and are going to give the coaches and fans all they have leaving everything out on the field.

Hope neither teams have any injuries and everyone from both sides have a safe trip to MTSU for the State Championship between two great teams.

GP fans keep bragging about their "fresh legs" and about how "fast" they are. Well, it would be easy for the game to be closer than last year. But Alcoa will prevail.

Alcoa has more depth across the board. We don't need to focus on just one position, but just as GP can run in many backs---Alcoa can run in as many linemen. Alcoa is tested, GP is not. Alcoa has the mental advantage, GP does not. Alcoa is more confident (back-to-back champs). Oh yeah, Alcoa has the faster players and the better athletes.

GP is quick to point out that this year's team is better with the same players; but Alcoa is not merely as good, even though they have most of the same group as last year. GP is quick to forget that last year's 55-13 beat down could have been a lot worse. Alcoa was not playing at full strength. It's best player (Brandon Warren) and Rae Sykes did not even play in the game.

To win, GP needs many breaks and has to control the ball. If it is a high scoring game, Alcoa will win easily. GP needs to hold Alcoa 21 points or less. There is not a 2A school that can score more than 24 on Alcoa's starters. I don't believe GP's defense can hold Alcoa under 24 points.

ALCOA-38

GP--20

Congrats to Shiverdecker on the Mr. Football award...somehow I think either Fisher or Sykes got robbed with Donald getting the lineman award. Fisher and Sykes both give offenses fits trying to gameplan around them. The top 2 lineman in 2A ( I don't care who won Mr. Football) will be on the field friday night. Goodpasture has to control the ball and keep the clock moving. They can't afford to turn the ball over against a team of this caliber. This one should be a barnburner.

GP fans keep bragging about their "fresh legs" and about how "fast" they are. Well, it would be easy for the game to be closer than last year. But Alcoa will prevail.

Alcoa has more depth across the board. We don't need to focus on just one position, but just as GP can run in many backs---Alcoa can run in as many linemen. Alcoa is tested, GP is not. Alcoa has the mental advantage, GP does not. Alcoa is more confident (back-to-back champs). Oh yeah, Alcoa has the faster players and the better athletes.

GP is quick to point out that this year's team is better with the same players; but Alcoa is not merely as good, even though they have most of the same group as last year. GP is quick to forget that last year's 55-13 beat down could have been a lot worse. Alcoa was not playing at full strength. It's best player (Brandon Warren) and Rae Sykes did not even play in the game.

To win, GP needs many breaks and has to control the ball. If it is a high scoring game, Alcoa will win easily. GP needs to hold Alcoa 21 points or less. There is not a 2A school that can score more than 24 on Alcoa's starters. I don't believe GP's defense can hold Alcoa under 24 points.

ALCOA-38

GP--20

My point being made quickly I see. No one can hold Alcoa to 24

points. Goodpasture will.

As far as game tested both teams played about 3 tough games

during the regular season but when it comes to playoffs, it isn't

even close this year. Alcoa played one good team, Goodpasture

played 3 that were ranked in the top ten in the state for 2A. Quit

living on last years game because that will not happen this year.

Is that it?? I know Shiverdecker is the fastest back we have seen this year but we saw him last year and learned our lesson. He will get some yards but we will slow him down. Especially after he tore us apart last year. I am sure they will have a good gameplan for him. And yes. our backs will have lightning speed on the carpet as well and then after that we will have the RB's that love to get in the trenches and run over some players. I know that you have not seen them play after your first statement unless it was the mud game over at CPA where not team was going very fast in the mud. Most teams we have played this year have

said the same thing until the game is over. How many sacks does Sykes have this year since you said he is the qb hunter, but aren't all DE qb hunters??? Should be a great game I just get tired of hearing everyone on here saying how fast there players are and on turf no one in the nation will be able to keep up with them, etc. These two great teams have made it to the last game and are going to give the coaches and fans all they have leaving everything out on the field.

Hope neither teams have any injuries and everyone from both sides have a safe trip to MTSU for the State Championship between two great teams.

Man, I gotta get something off my chest. I watched you guys beat us (Milan) this Friday night. You were the better team. Your team executed better than we did. You were much bigger than we were. Your team tackled better than we did. But you are just not that fast!!! Yes on the Jet Sweeps your TB ran for TD's. But that was a case of outnumbering us because of our breakdowns. It looked like at least 10 of your 11 players were coming around that corner. I mean it was really impressive. And I am being serious about that!!! But I just didn't see the speed I was expecting to see. I saw a really good football team play as a true team. But I just don't believe GP has the speed that they think they have. IF Alcoa is truly as fast as I expect I look for this to be another game similar to last year. Is GP that much faster than they were last year? I didn't see them last year. I don't know. But if I saw a weakness in a top notch football team last week it was speed. Just throwing out my opinion. :unsure:

Due to a injury last season...........GP will get their first look at Rae Sykes #90...........One of the top DE in the Nation! The QB Hunter! He also loves to turn the jet sweep back inside, so Bart Hicks can take their head off! :unsure:

-BlountCountySportsFan

Say what you want about the outcome of the game,but to say Goodpasture is slow is pure stuborn ignorance. Go Cougars !!!

My point being made quickly I see. No one can hold Alcoa to 24

points. Goodpasture will.

As far as game tested both teams played about 3 tough games

during the regular season but when it comes to playoffs, it isn't

even close this year. Alcoa played one good team, Goodpasture

played 3 that were ranked in the top ten in the state for 2A. Quit

living on last years game because that will not happen this year.

Played one good team. What are you talking about? Which team are you omitting out of McCallie, Maryville and Knox Fulton? I hope you are not trying to compare Fairview (no offense to those folks) to Alcoa's opponents. This whole debate is absurd. It will be decided Friday Night. I will say this though. The Alcoa coaches felt like last year's GP version was about a 4th place team in our region behind Loudon and Rockwood, especially in the speed department. You are entitled to your opinion though, but I guarntee you have not faced anyone like those three teams this year.

Man, I gotta get something off my chest. I watched you guys beat us (Milan) this Friday night. You were the better team. Your team executed better than we did. You were much bigger than we were. Your team tackled better than we did. But you are just not that fast!!! Yes on the Jet Sweeps your TB ran for TD's. But that was a case of outnumbering us because of our breakdowns. It looked like at least 10 of your 11 players were coming around that corner. I mean it was really impressive. And I am being serious about that!!! But I just didn't see the speed I was expecting to see. I saw a really good football team play as a true team. But I just don't believe GP has the speed that they think they have. IF Alcoa is truly as fast as I expect I look for this to be another game similar to last year. Is GP that much faster than they were last year? I didn't see them last year. I don't know. But if I saw a weakness in a top notch football team last week it was speed. Just throwing out my opinion. :lol:

To be perfectly honest with you, we did not use our speed backs to beat your team Friday. Those guys got very few carries besides C. Medley and believe me, he is not our fastest guy on the team. One of the few times our speed guy got the ball, he ran for a TD. The other 2 or 3 fast players contributed on defense.

T. Mayes intercepted 2 or 3 passes, blocked 1 extra point and 1 field goal. The other 2 kept you guys from making big runs on us or throwing over our defense.

Can't wait till Friday night to watch the teams battle.

Played one good team. What are you talking about? Which team are you omitting out of McCallie, Maryville and Knox Fulton? I hope you are not trying to compare Fairview (no offense to those folks) to Alcoa's opponents. This whole debate is absurd. It will be decided Friday Night. I will say this though. The Alcoa coaches felt like last year's GP version was about a 4th place team in our region behind Loudon and Rockwood, especially in the speed department. You are entitled to your opinion though, but I guarntee you have not faced anyone like those three teams this year.

If you read what I said you will see that I said both Alcoa and Goodpasture played about 3 good teams during the regular season but when it comes to the playoffs, Alcoa has only played really one good team in Smith County. (The only team ranked in the top ten in the polls) Goodpasture played 3 ranked teams to get to the state, Lewis County, CPA and Milan. This is not a debate on the facts who both teams played on who is ranked and who is not. I was at last years game and yes Alcoa is fast but like you said, you are entitled to your opinion.