Goodpasture vs. Alcoa

GHSFAN07

No, just confident. Just cause you guys couldn't does not mean no one can.

As I have said from the beginning, this is Goodpasture's year and they have been on a mission to get back to the title game against Alcoa and show them the real Goodpasture.

Go Cougars!

I didn't say no one could just because we couldn't. And I always hear this about the "REAL" team that is gonna show up THIS time. I can guarantee you this, the real Alcoa will show up, so your boys better come prepared.

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

now if I'm not mistaken I think last year GP said that they will grind the ball and control the clock to win, but I also think that they didn't run the ball very well and when they tried to throw the ball they just found lanxter and sommers more than fiegler had to. IMO Alcoa wins, how bad is up to them. If you think Alcoa is coming in over confident, there not, they are playing as good now as they have all year not looking ahead and not over looking anyone. without a doubt GP is a good team or they wouldn't be 14-0 and in the state game, but Alcoa is also for real and when you lose to the potential 3-a, and the 4-a state champs by a combined 6 points when both games could have been W's then you have a reason to be a little confident. Alcoa will slow the run and air it out or run it doesn't matter.

Alcoa by at least 21+

Yes, Goodpasutre has improved drastically there are stats to prove it but there's no sense in arguing about it. No matter what I or any other Goodpasture fan sais Alcoa will kill Goodpasture. And no matter what any Alcoa fan sais we still know are worthy of beating Alcoa.

Edited by thekid2000

Both teams have so much speed. Goodpasture has so much depth at running back that they could afford to lose three or four strings and still have plenty of stability. Alcoa, well what can you say, they reload every year and they are definitely supposed to be favored by all means. I'm saying this year is the year for Goodpasture though as they win it 35-28.

Yes, Goodpasutre has improved drastically there are stats to prove it but there's no sense in arguing about it. No matter what I or any other Goodpasture fan sais Alcoa will kill Goodpasture. And no matter what any Alcoa fan sais we still know are worthy of beating Alcoa.

You GP fans keep believing your team is 40 points better than last year.

Last years Alcoa team lost to Maryville 41-21. In steps Coach Rankin. This years team lost by 3.

Rankin has taken this team to a higher level than last years team. The SAME basic team that beat GP like a drum.

The defense is much inproved, with Bart Hicks, `05 defensive MVP, and the offense is way better, with Shivy, `05 offensive MVP, the best receiving core in 2A, and a very very mobile R. Cobb as QB.

Goodpasture might have improved "night-n-day" BUT, Rankin has done the same with Alcoa.

Rankin and the Alcoa players know what it takes to win championships. It is Tradition for both. Anyone who says " Alcoa's over confident" Is bacically looking at the fans that post on CoachT, and does not have a clue how the the team and Coaches prepare for each game one at a time.

Alcoa will be ready! You think GP out for revenge? So, is Alcoa! People and Polls have told them they where the 2nd best team in 2A. They are NOW out to prove them All wrong!

They are looking at it as being the underdog, and they are ready to bring the fight! :thumb:

Can you say the same about Fulton? As far is improving from last year.

Yes, Fulton has improved from last year.

Is that your way of saying GP has improved MORE? :thumb:

yes, I'd be the first to say GP has improved,.....BUT I've sat in the stands and watched GP and Fulton both play this year.

GP has not improved that much......especially in speed! STILL slow!

-BlountCountySportsFan

Edited by BCsportsfan

Well as far is improving Goodpasture gets the upperhand. I did a little research on both teams. Goodpasture went from averaging 30 points and giving up 20 to averaging 44 and giving up 11. Alcoa went from averaging 54 points and giving up 13 to averaging 47 points and giving up 10 this year. I honestly don't know who wins to close to call.

Edited by the_biggest

Yes, Fulton has improved from last year.

Is that your way of saying GP has improved MORE? :thumb:

yes, I'd be the first to say GP has improved,.....BUT I've sat in the stands and watched GP and Fulton both play this year.

GP has not improved that much......especially in speed! STILL slow!

-BlountCountySportsFan

First of all, your better off saying Alcoa is faster than GP rather than saying GP is slow. I don't know what you mean by slow unless everyone from Alcoa is running 4.3's and 4.2's. Secondly, which game did you see of Goodpasture if you even traveled from Blount Co. all the way to Nashville just to watch Goodpasture play.

Edited by thekid2000

First of all, your better off saying Alcoa is faster than GP rather than saying GP is slow. I don't know what you mean by slow unless everyone from Alcoa is running 4.3's and 4.2's. Secondly, which game did you see of Goodpasture if you even traveled from Blount Co. all the way to Nashville just to watch Goodpasture play.

CPA/GP............Alcoa played B.T. Washington on Thursday.

GP is big! I'll give them that!

GP better come up with something better than jet sweep right, jet sweep left! Alcoa got WAY to much speed! Alcoa's DE's and Bart Hicks will have a field day!

-BlountCountySportsFan