Fulton vs. David Lipscomb

HolySnap

I'm convinced - Fulton is Da' Man! :D I'm very, very impressed with the play of the Fulton offensive and defensive lineMEN, especially the one they lined up in the backfield the second half. :D

Grats to BOTH teams. :lol:

Lipscomb team, staff, and fans - you guys had a great season - and you represented our Region 5 with tremendous play and sportsmanship! B)

Giles County Bobcats wishing the best to both schools for the Holiday Season. Again, many grats to the Falcons. You guys earned it on the field! :D

David Lipscomb Mustangs:

You guys did represent Region 5-3A with class and played hard from start to finish. A couple of things go differently here and there and who knows????? That is one thing that you can't look back and reflect on now because 2006 is in the books. Congrats to your Region Championship and your silver trophy on getting to the Boro. Look forward to making the trip over to Granny White Pike next year. Hey vandy1, thanks for the memories man. You guys did a great job today as usual. Even though this was your final game on the staff I hope to see you at the games in the stands next year.

Fulton Falcons:

Congrats to you guys on winning the school's third championship in the last four years. Dennis Rogan is THE MAN!!!! Hamilton & Higgins really dominated the second half with the exception of that long trap play that set up DL's final TD. Outside of that those two played beautifully. Jock Stinson played great as well. His receiver DID CATCH THE BALL on the three yard line that one drive when the officials ruled that it was a drop. The ball didn't come out until he was already on the turf. Oh well you guys are champions anyway. Nobody out there can question the road that Fulton took to win this title because THEY EARNED IT!!!! You beat East-TN's best two teams in Carter & Catholic (both were road games). You also beat Middle-TN's best two teams to win this state title in Pearl-Cohn & David Lipscomb (one was a road game and the other was essentially a road game). GREAT SENIOR LEADERSHIP IS HOW YOU PULL OFF A FEAT LIKE THAT & YOU GUYS HAD IT THIS YEAR!!!!! Congrats to coach Buck Coatney and his staff, especially the Blacks who I am sure are overjoyed with emotion right about now, on this outstanding accomplishment.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that it is said and done... some final comments. This was a tough fought victory for Fulton, and they definitely worked hard to win it. Congrats to the seniors, coaches, and all players. Congrats to Lipscomb for taking your small school to the State championship. Both teams gave the fans a great game to watch. My best wishes to all the seniors. May you go out and make your marks on the world (on and off the turf). Lipscomb...as you go on to your college careers and lives, you will always have this memory and can say... I played against "him" in the 2006 Tennessee State Championship. If Rogan continues to grow and improve... we'll see him in the NFL. Hopefully, in a Titan uniform. I am so proud of the Lipscomb players. Everyone predicted a blow-out, and you held your own in your second year in 3A. Not bad for a team playing schools 2 and 3 times your size. Juniors and sophomores (and there are a bunch of you)... get on those basketball uniforms and represent DL on the court!! We are all looking for another great football season next year... we know you can bring us back to M'boro again next year. I also want to say what a class group of young men on both sides. I couldn't help but notice the incredible sportsmanship on both sides of the game today, and to the Fulton and DL fans for keeping this blog fun, collegial, and light-hearted. Total class for both schools!! Congratulations again to Fulton... 3A STATE CHAMPS. Tennessee HS football ROCKS!!

Now that it is said and done... some final comments. This was a tough fought victory for Fulton, and they definitely worked hard to win it. Congrats to the seniors, coaches, and all players. Congrats to Lipscomb for taking your small school to the State championship. Both teams gave the fans a great game to watch. My best wishes to all the seniors. May you go out and make your marks on the world (on and off the turf). Lipscomb...as you go on to your college careers and lives, you will always have this memory and can say... I played against "him" in the 2006 Tennessee State Championship. If Rogan continues to grow and improve... we'll see him in the NFL. Hopefully, in a Titan uniform. I am so proud of the Lipscomb players. Everyone predicted a blow-out, and you held your own in your second year in 3A. Not bad for a team playing schools 2 and 3 times your size. Juniors and sophomores (and there are a bunch of you)... get on those basketball uniforms and represent DL on the court!! We are all looking for another great football season next year... we know you can bring us back to M'boro again next year. I also want to say what a class group of young men on both sides. I couldn't help but notice the incredible sportsmanship on both sides of the game today, and to the Fulton and DL fans for keeping this blog fun, collegial, and light-hearted. Total class for both schools!! Congratulations again to Fulton... 3A STATE CHAMPS. Tennessee HS football ROCKS!!

Now get all those studs out for wrestling! :lol:

If this truly is your "Swan Song" tomorrow vandy1 let me say that the last two years have certainly been very enjoyable :thumb:

Good Luck Again Mustangs :angry:

mustanglogob3.jpg

Thanks for the kind words. I've enjoyed all of our Region 5 Radio friends, including Big "Catfish Hunter" Country. We've relied on your vast knowledge of 3A Football and hope that you will continue to keep us updated.

With my youngest son finishing up his HS career, it is time for me to hang up the sideline microphone and to finish my tour of duty with the Mustangfanpage. Its been real fun and rewarding. Following the Mustangs during "My Three Sons' " playing days has been an awesome ride. Playoffs every year since 1998. 5 Trips to the State Championship Game with 1 State Title, and numerous Region titles.

While this may not be my last posting on Coach T, I will say that I appreciate all of those who make this forum possible and its contribution to create excitement for HS Football on all levels in the State of Tennessee. To our sparing partners: Coach Hard and Bulldog69 and others---perhaps we'll joust again on the Lipscomb University Football Threads---In the near future?

My Congratulations to Fulton on their Championship. You know Speed does Kill!

To The Lipscomb Football program, players, Coach Mac, Coach Tillman, Coach Taylor, Coach Lansdell, Coach Mo, Coach Stewart, Coach Blair, Coach Temple, former Lipscomb Coaches: Edwards, Gore, Pugh,Webber, Williams and Green..Thanks for the impact that you have had on all of my sons and for putting up with me.

I believe that Fulton made the 12th man (aka KWalker) very happy today. I know she was looking down from the heavens with her Fulton signs, her Fulton sweatshirt, screaming louder than anyone at the game with a big smile on her face seeing her family win another state title. I didnt get a chance to watch the game, I had a prior engagement but I heard from many people that Lipscomb has a very good team. I want to congrulate Lipscomb on a great year and I believe that Fulton might see them once again next year because they always have a great team. Now to DEM FALCONS, great job on bringing another GOLD BALL back to BROADWAY. Great year to Fulton, I cannot wait to see them next year. A very emotional year this year in the Fulton family and now the burden of last year gone Fulton can look to a bright future. Holla at cha boy.. ShaneC

KWalker I know your up in the sky celebrating very hard, all I can say is that we truly miss you.

mustanglogob3.jpg

Thanks for the kind words. I've enjoyed all of our Region 5 Radio friends, including Big "Catfish Hunter" Country. We've relied on your vast knowledge of 3A Football and hope that you will continue to keep us updated.

With my youngest son finishing up his HS career, it is time for me to hang up the sideline microphone and to finish my tour of duty with the Mustangfanpage. Its been real fun and rewarding. Following the Mustangs during "My Three Sons' " playing days has been an awesome ride. Playoffs every year since 1998. 5 Trips to the State Championship Game with 1 State Title, and numerous Region titles.

While this may not be my last posting on Coach T, I will say that I appreciate all of those who make this forum possible and its contribution to create excitement for HS Football on all levels in the State of Tennessee. To our sparing partners: Coach Hard and Bulldog69 and others---perhaps we'll joust again on the Lipscomb University Football Threads---In the near future?

My Congratulations to Fulton on their Championship. You know Speed does Kill!

To The Lipscomb Football program, players, Coach Mac, Coach Tillman, Coach Taylor, Coach Lansdell, Coach Mo, Coach Stewart, Coach Blair, Coach Temple, former Lipscomb Coaches: Edwards, Gore, Pugh,Webber, Williams and Green..Thanks for the impact that you have had on all of my sons and for putting up with me.

FROM a DHS TROJAN FAN I for one will miss your Masterful Style of keeping up the Mustang Fan Page keeping all informed with much more infomation than most teams dare to exploit about their team..Yall at DL are truly a Family with lots of CLASS !!! ..Vandy1 hopefully you"ve had others to help you so it will not come to an end..CONGRATS to all the DL players,coaches,fans for a very well played game that wasnt over till the last few seconds..MUSTANG Players hold your HEADS up HIGH AS YOU "ALL" PLAYED WITH INTENSITY AND CLASS == THE ONLY WAY YOU KNOW HOW ! DL #44(Ben),#40(Matt) keep on trucking== you two young men are a Class act ill never forget !! Congrats to the Fulton Falcons are in order on your 3 of 4 Gold Ballls you TRULY DESERVE...Rogan ill be waiting to see you play for UT // You will are a cant miss player and person==dont let the college life overrule your heart and desire to be successful in football and Life ! :thumb::angry:

I just wanna say congratulations to both teams, I was wrong about the blow out, Lipscomb as an incredible team and I was VERY impressed with them. This team was very consistent, which is key as well as physical. A couple of things though, BOTH teams had flags that were huge mistakes and essential to the outcome of the game.... A couple of plays as well that swung the game in one direction *namely, the defensive TD* But nonetheless, I am impressed with both teams and I'm sure they will see each other again.

CONGRATS TO THE FULTON FALCONS ON ANOTHER CHAMPIONSHIP!!! IT FEELS GOOD BABY!

Great win today for the Falcons of Fulton. To be honest......I was on the team and played today! Lipscomb had a really, really good football team and had some beasts out there. I knew they were big, but not that big. Very strong and physical. The big plays today played a huge part in the equation. Cobb's fumble recovery was HUGE for Fulton, but the Mustangs had their fair share of big ones too. Flags today hurt both teams, but that's just part of the game. Tyson's catch ruled incomplete was big, but again, just part of it. This group of seniors for Fulton just had the fight in em' to get it done and the Falcons' O-Line dominated the line of scrimmage in the second half. Congrats to Lipscomb for a good season, but now I'm looking forward to getting sized for my 3rd ring baby!

David Lipscomb Mustangs:

You guys did represent Region 5-3A with class and played hard from start to finish. A couple of things go differently here and there and who knows????? That is one thing that you can't look back and reflect on now because 2006 is in the books. Congrats to your Region Championship and your silver trophy on getting to the Boro. Look forward to making the trip over to Granny White Pike next year. Hey vandy1, thanks for the memories man. You guys did a great job today as usual. Even though this was your final game on the staff I hope to see you at the games in the stands next year.

Fulton Falcons:

Congrats to you guys on winning the school's third championship in the last four years. Dennis Rogan is THE MAN!!!! Hamilton & Higgins really dominated the second half with the exception of that long trap play that set up DL's final TD. Outside of that those two played beautifully. Jock Stinson played great as well. His receiver DID CATCH THE BALL on the three yard line that one drive when the officials ruled that it was a drop. The ball didn't come out until he was already on the turf. Oh well you guys are champions anyway. Nobody out there can question the road that Fulton took to win this title because THEY EARNED IT!!!! You beat East-TN's best two teams in Carter & Catholic (both were road games). You also beat Middle-TN's best two teams to win this state title in Pearl-Cohn & David Lipscomb (one was a road game and the other was essentially a road game). GREAT SENIOR LEADERSHIP IS HOW YOU PULL OFF A FEAT LIKE THAT & YOU GUYS HAD IT THIS YEAR!!!!! Congrats to coach Buck Coatney and his staff, especially the Blacks who I am sure are overjoyed with emotion right about now, on this outstanding accomplishment.

Hey cbarkley,

Eventually you are going to learn to listen to me.

By the way, East TN - 3 Middle TN - 0.

That's east TN football for you. :thumb: