Fulton vs. David Lipscomb

HolySnap

I don't think Lipscomb was "overmatched". They played right with Fulton. The self-inflicted fumble before the half KILLED Lipscomb, and it was the deciding play in the game in my view. You take that one play out and the game changes. Give credit to Fulton, they made Lipscomb pay big-time, and that's what great teams do. Also, the phantom "block in the back" on that huge pass play to Elrod that was called back was a killer too. Fulton was extremely talented, they are a great team with several D-1 prospects, Rogan is a machine, but I didn't see Lipscomb overmatched. They played a tough game against an outstanding Fulton team.

It wasn't a 'phantom block in the back' - watch the replay - it was there - to the right of the runner about 5 yards away - no reason to make that block either....

And it may been the run of the day as well!

Edited by davidlimbaugh

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great tribute to my sister K Walker last night on Live at 5. Thank you to Rogan and Freeney. What you said about my sister was straight from the heart and meant a lot to me and my family. You know both of you as well as the rest of the Falcons meant the world to her. I appreciate you all keeping her memory alive.

I enjoyed the live @ 5 segment, everyword was straight from the heart. My family has been close friends with the Black family for my entire life and KWalker and I shared a football bond. Every Friday before the game I would call and talk to her about the game and we talked for hours and then calling Turtle and messing with him, use to be a blast. But now back to KWalker when I saw Bob and Debo about breakdown in the segment it just about killed me, it brought a tear to my eye and I just reminised about the times I use to spend with KWalker and the crew. Debo said he felt her when he made the catch in the Catholic game, boy I believe Jock felt it for the enitre 4th quarter that night. I believe that throughout the entire playoffs KWalker was out on the field with the boys and with the coaches. After the game was over Saturday, I believe that I even heard her cheering soo loud everyone in heaven went crazy. KWalker I know you meant the world to alot of Fulton alumni but man you were the true inspiration of a falcon, you always flew high no matter what the situation and you are truly missed each and every day. So to KWalker I really miss the ole day and you are still truly loved by this friend of ours. Holla at cha boy.. ShaneC

I was reading this thread which was so positive and uplifting to all the players, coaches, and fans... then it gets pretty petty. Yes, the ball was completed at the two yard line, yes the fumble was a huge momentum change, yes the block call on Lehning hurt the progression down field... We all know this. Don't take away the spirit and sportsmanship of this event. Fulton and David Lipscomb gave the fans a great game. Aren't you glad this post did not die after a slaughter on either part??? The fact that people are still talking about blunders and bad calls, says a lot about about both teams, and how good the game actually was. In my humble opinion...Rogan was the deciding factor!!! This kid is special. Give him, his teammates, and coaches the respect they deserve. Don't try to say this should have been a blow-out. The final score stands. David Lipscomb... you did us proud. Your school, churches, and community are so proud of you. Never have I ever been so proud to be a part of the Lipscomb community. You play hard, but always, always, always carry yourselves with dignity and class. Lipscomb fans...your posts throughout the season have been informative, positive, and in the true spirit of sportsmanship. Fulton, I hope you have a great 2007 season, and that our teams are fortunate enough to meet in Mufreesboro next year. This east, vs. middle, vs. west stuff is just crap!!!! These are teenage boys playing football for their highschools. Let them have fun, learn about leadership, and working with teams. Ninety-five percent of these seniors will never put on pads again. Let them learn how to be gracious winners and losers by the example that we as parents and fans set. Okay, soapbox is now put safely away.

Edited by Morton

I would like to start off saying congrats to Fulton. I personally think the thing that was the biggest momentum changer against Lipscomb was the two huge penalties and the offsides call when Fulton snapped it over the QB's head. I am not whining because you beat us, end of story.

Also, if you dont mind me asking, who was K Walker and what happened to her. Whatever it was, I am very sorry.

Edited by zoysia44

I would like to start off saying congrats to Fulton. I personally think the thing that was the biggest momentum changer against Lipscomb was the two huge penalties and the offsides call when Fulton snapped it over the QB's head. I am not whining because you beat us, end of story.

Also, if you dont mind me asking, who was K Walker and what happened to her. Whatever it was, I am very sorry.

it was actually an false start called on the right tackle

K Walker is the daughter of Coach Bob Black and the sister of Coach Rob Black. She passed away of lung cancer (non-smoker) at the age of 34. She left behind 4 young children. She was one of the BIGGEST FANS of Fulton Football. The players all knew her and loved her. She was known as the "Loudest Fan in the Stands." The Fulton Football team dedicated this season to her, which my family very much appreciates. It made it all that much sweeter that we coulld take it all the way to the top in her memory. It's just how she would have wanted it.

K Walker is the daughter of Coach Bob Black and the sister of Coach Rob Black. She passed away of lung cancer (non-smoker) at the age of 34. She left behind 4 young children. She was one of the BIGGEST FANS of Fulton Football. The players all knew her and loved her. She was known as the "Loudest Fan in the Stands." The Fulton Football team dedicated this season to her, which my family very much appreciates. It made it all that much sweeter that we coulld take it all the way to the top in her memory. It's just how she would have wanted it.

Thanks for sharing this poignant story with us. At age 34 my wife and I had four young children, and I simply can't imagine such an immense loss. Condolences to Mrs. Walker's extended family and belated congratulations to Fulton High School on the win in Murfreesboro. Your coaches made nice halftime adjustments and your players found another gear. It was tough losing in the finals in consecutive years, but at the same time quite an accomplishment for the Mustangs.