Hillsboro and Maryville

LipscombBall3r

Have you even seen Hillsboro play?

I haven't seen Hillboro play, but can you compare them to the Melrose team from the last few years?? Those were two of the most physical, fastest, athletic teams I've seen in a long time! Maryville didn't lie down and you all know the outcome! I'm saying that Hillsboro will have to force to's and capitalize on them to win this game. They must also out coach GQ and staff, which is no easy task!! Rebs by 14!! Blount Co. is DANGEROUS!!! :thumb:

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lemme catch up:

corey jordan is a solid 6'0 maybe 6'1 and actually has 7 catches for 100 and 2 scores in the playoffs, jus read the preview on this site. and eric gordon runs a 4.4 and jordan a 4.5, i know you have maples but those are good #'s. gordon is probly more like 5'10-5'11. in addition gordon is probly one of the best cover corners in the state. by the way, theyre both sophomores. :unsure: sorry to be so critical but was surprised u would make a comment on their speed like that with limited knowledge of our team.

our kicking/punting game is weak, but has not been a problem thus far, although im sure it could come into play with a team like maryville.

and arent has been sacked quite a few times but again hasnt played much of a factor. like some have said he gets right back up.

All of my stats came from a Nashville local paper. Our home paper is the sorriest rag in the state.

The have little to no coverage and I'm really tired of reading an article about Alcoa every day, a team that deserves all their due as a great 2A champion, but can't beat Maryville and most years get blown out. They are not some kind of equal to Maryville in any sense of the word.

This game is going to be a tough one, but if you don't think special teams are a huge factor you don't understand football. Hillsboro has one good running back that gets 85% of the carries and two receivers who get 80% of the passes.

I respect Hillsboro but they will have to play the game of their lives to win this one and they might. I just don't think they will be able to match GQ and company in points or be able to control that all important field position.

All of my stats came from a Nashville local paper. Our home paper is the sorriest rag in the state.

The have little to no coverage and I'm really tired of reading an article about Alcoa every day, a team that deserves all their due as a great 2A champion, but can't beat Maryville and most years get blown out. They are not some kind of equal to Maryville in any sense of the word.

This game is going to be a tough one, but if you don't think special teams are a huge factor you don't understand football. Hillsboro has one good running back that gets 85% of the carries and two receivers who get 80% of the passes.

I respect Hillsboro but they will have to play the game of their lives to win this one and they might. I just don't think they will be able to match GQ and company in points or be able to control that all important field position.

TIRED OF READING ABOUT ALCOA???? You obviously haven't read the paper in a long time....Maryville gets top billing, and I think today was the 1st time in a while there's been 2 articles on Alcoa as opposed to usually 2 on MHS and 1 (if we're lucky) on AHS. Alcoa is a 2A team; Maryville a 4A team (in case you've forgotten). If you were a Blount County Native you'd understand the rivalry and history of these 2 great schools. Alcoa is the step-child between the 2; always has, always will be. Posts like yours make me want to cheer for the other team. And you wonder why other blount countians don't want Maryville to win??? And, yes, we are the 2A equal to Maryville...in athletics as well as academics, so GET OVER YOURSELF.

To all other MHS fans: I realize there's always one person who will make you look bad. I actually was beginning to like FBEmeritus: he actually posted on the Alcoa thread and made no mention of MHS on it for the first time EVER. It's "fans" like him that give ya'll a bad name, and make people think you're cocky and want you to get beat.

I will be at the game tomorrow, and I will be cheering for you, because

BLOUNT COUNTY FOOTBALL IS THE BEST.

TIRED OF READING ABOUT ALCOA???? You obviously haven't read the paper in a long time....Maryville gets top billing, and I think today was the 1st time in a while there's been 2 articles on Alcoa as opposed to usually 2 on MHS and 1 (if we're lucky) on AHS. Alcoa is a 2A team; Maryville a 4A team (in case you've forgotten). If you were a Blount County Native you'd understand the rivalry and history of these 2 great schools. Alcoa is the step-child between the 2; always has, always will be. Posts like yours make me want to cheer for the other team. And you wonder why other blount countians don't want Maryville to win??? And, yes, we are the 2A equal to Maryville...in athletics as well as academics, so GET OVER YOURSELF.

To all other MHS fans: I realize there's always one person who will make you look bad. I actually was beginning to like FBEmeritus: he actually posted on the Alcoa thread and made no mention of MHS on it for the first time EVER. It's "fans" like him that give ya'll a bad name, and make people think you're cocky and want you to get beat.

I will be at the game tomorrow, and I will be cheering for you, because

BLOUNT COUNTY FOOTBALL IS THE BEST.

Guess I might have touched a nerve?? Check the Knotz Rag, Alcoa has another article there but to be fair their game is today, so it belongs there.

Not a Blount County native? That is a requirement for understanding and literary criticism ability?

Drive safe and enjoy your Championship.

My goodness, one could read this quote and think that having two WR's that catch 80% of the passes and a RB that gets 85% of the ground yardage as some sort of shortcoming! Those aren't 100% in either category, so some one is pulling up the slack in those areas as well. Most teams, from youth athletics to the professional ranks would be tickled pink to have such a luxury. Throw in a top notch QB who has thrown for over 2500 yards on the season and a very aggressive "Baltimore Ravenesque" type defense, to go with a 14-0 season, and I think you have a very good football team. I remember two years ago, a very one-dimensional (offensively ... Cooper left, Cooper right, Cooper up the middle ... throw a screen to Cooper ... etc. etc.) Melrose team played Maryville to a one point game. Hillsboro will be just fine with there two little WR's and their one little RB, and their little QB who gets sacked a lot. Just fine indeed.

Like I said earlier ... this is a game of defenses, and these are two of the best in the state. They will both get after it.

I think both teams will have to play the game of their lives. I don't think Hillsboro brings their 'A' game and Maryville brings their 'B' game, and Maryville wins, and vice versa. (If both bring their 'A' game, then it will be decided on the field, and I don't subscribe to the thought that it will automaically go Maryville's way if both bring their 'A' games) I know GQ and staff are good coaches, some say the best in the state, but Blade and staff aren't chopped liver, they will do just fine as well.

Field position will be a factor, but I feel confident the Hillsboro will be able to drive from deep within their territory just like Maryville can. They will be fine in that regard as well.

Maryville has the edge in kicking, but Hillsboro will manage.

I agree FBE, this will be a very good game.

Edited by kwc