Temple Forfeits to Pickett Co.

pcbobcats1

Why did Temple back out of their game with Pickett Co? Their football was over with so they had no excuse. I understand because they backed out of their contract they have to pay $1000 plus it's a lossfor Temple and a Pickett win. Pickett went to Temple to play and to Grace, so Temple should have stood by their word and come here. They really messed up the Thanksgiving tournament. I hope TSSAA doesn't give them the ususal private school kid gloves treatment.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did Temple back out of their game with Pickett Co? Their football was over with so they had no excuse. I understand because they backed out of their contract they have to pay $1000 plus it's a lossfor Temple and a Pickett win. Pickett went to Temple to play and to Grace, so Temple should have stood by their word and come here. They really messed up the Thanksgiving tournament. I hope TSSAA doesn't give them the ususal private school kid gloves treatment.

Has Pickett County ever forfeited a game?

But still..bobcat has a good point..Football season was over..a lot of fans may have been wanting to attend that tournament to see Temple play..

Good point? it's like...no point. Ignorance runs rampant again. first, there aint no fine, second, as I hear it told temple was in contact with the coaches at pickett, and they agreed that if temple won round 2 in football they wouldn't come to the tourny. all of temples guys but 3 play football, and you can't go play a game with 2 practices. third the games don't count as loses either, although I think temple will lose a lot of games year and if they would have played they would have lost...but still, to get on here and spout off when you are clueless is the negative about the boards you should have to have an IQ before you are allowed to post.

fatchance with the big IQ...this was NOT a Hall of Fame Game...it COUNTED. Get your facts straight before you start riping into people. Only the first two Hall of Fame Games have that option of counting or not. The real season has started. Pickett has cancelled games due to illness or snow, not because they were not ready or embarrassed by the team they could field. When you sign a contract that is supposed to be your word. So much for Temple's word. They messed up a lot of people's schedules. I had friends come back early from Thanksgiving in Indiana to see Pickett/Temple. The Pickett boys now have no game today. No one has any problem with Friendship cancelling because they actually are still playing football, Temple hasn't been for a while.

fatchance with the big IQ...this was NOT a Hall of Fame Game...it COUNTED. Get your facts straight before you start riping into people. Only the first two Hall of Fame Games have that option of counting or not. The real season has started. Pickett has cancelled games due to illness or snow, not because they were not ready or embarrassed by the team they could field. When you sign a contract that is supposed to be your word. So much for Temple's word. They messed up a lot of people's schedules. I had friends come back early from Thanksgiving in Indiana to see Pickett/Temple. The Pickett boys now have no game today. No one has any problem with Friendship cancelling because they actually are still playing football, Temple hasn't been for a while.

Thanks pcbobcat...maybe it's fatcat that needs to get an IQ...I was just replying to basically the same thing that you said..Their football season was over..I would have been upset had I drove a pretty long way to see them play and they canceled,,I didn't realize they had only 3 players..But..if they had at least 5 players..if it was a regular scheduled game and not a Hall Of Fame game..then they should have played..Lake Co. lost last Friday night and their football players played the next night with no practices..And beat Obion Central..So..if Temple had 5 players ..they should have played like everyone else ..And..you are also right..if it's a regular scheduled game and a team doesn't show..usually there is a contract..and if a team weasels out ..it's usally a $1,000 fine to that school!Sounds like they lost a player to McCallie..because Temple isn't as good a school academically...by listening to fatcat..I can understand why!

Edited by mrbigster

Good point? it's like...no point. Ignorance runs rampant again. first, there aint no fine, second, as I hear it told temple was in contact with the coaches at pickett, and they agreed that if temple won round 2 in football they wouldn't come to the tourny. all of temples guys but 3 play football, and you can't go play a game with 2 practices. third the games don't count as loses either, although I think temple will lose a lot of games year and if they would have played they would have lost...but still, to get on here and spout off when you are clueless is the negative about the boards you should have to have an IQ before you are allowed to post.

This was not a hall of fame game,so it counts as a forfiet,now get your IQ checked out.

Ok, lets get the facts right and stop being stupid. Fatchance is actually correct.

Temple had to tell Picket whether or not they would come after their game with Trousdale...because they did not know what would happen the next week vs. FCA. Now, they got kicked by FCA but of course that was not known. If Temple would have won, they would have played yesterday...and of course PC did not want to play 3-3 half court, and that is all Temple had at the time PC's coach wanted an answer.

Next, if you think Temple starts the season 0-2 because they had to forfeit...just watch the standings and you will see you are wrong...again. And, for your third error, there is no fine either. Fourth, the fact that these were not HOF games is irrelevant, no one said they were, but thank you for pointing out the obvious.

Conclusion: You two guys are in fact clueless. I do hope that Temple and PC get to meet and then we shall see.

Private school kid golves treatment? What does TSSAA need to do? Temple lost $1000 (a lot of money for a small private school) and picked up a loss. If Pickett Co. doesn't like the way things went down, don't schedule Temple again. It's that easy.

But still..bobcat has a good point..Football season was over..a lot of fans may have been wanting to attend that tournament to see Temple play..

Really? Were they that disappointed?

Wasn't this contract set up last year?

The game had been canceled for awhile, why did your friends come back early?

Thanks pcbobcat...maybe it's fatcat that needs to get an IQ...I was just replying to basically the same thing that you said..Their football season was over..I would have been upset had I drove a pretty long way to see them play and they canceled,,I didn't realize they had only 3 players..But..if they had at least 5 players..if it was a regular scheduled game and not a Hall Of Fame game..then they should have played..Lake Co. lost last Friday night and their football players played the next night with no practices..And beat Obion Central..So..if Temple had 5 players ..they should have played like everyone else ..And..you are also right..if it's a regular scheduled game and a team doesn't show..usually there is a contract..and if a team weasels out ..it's usally a $1,000 fine to that school!Sounds like they lost a player to McCallie..because Temple isn't as good a school academically...by listening to fatcat..I can understand why!

Good point w/ Lake Co.

This was not a hall of fame game,so it counts as a forfiet,now get your IQ checked out.

be kind :thumb:

Indeed

Ok, lets get the facts right and stop being stupid. Fatchance is actually correct.

Temple had to tell Picket whether or not they would come after their game with Trousdale...because they did not know what would happen the next week vs. FCA. Now, they got kicked by FCA but of course that was not known. If Temple would have won, they would have played yesterday...and of course PC did not want to play 3-3 half court, and that is all Temple had at the time PC's coach wanted an answer.

Next, if you think Temple starts the season 0-2 because they had to forfeit...just watch the standings and you will see you are wrong...again. And, for your third error, there is no fine either. Fourth, the fact that these were not HOF games is irrelevant, no one said they were, but thank you for pointing out the obvious.

Conclusion: You two guys are in fact clueless. I do hope that Temple and PC get to meet and then we shall see.

It wasn't a HOF game and there was a contract. If that's the case, Pickett Co. wins the game 1-0.

IOwnyou..You may be right..fatchance may be right..but in your case ,at least you told your side in a kind way..not questioning someone's iq ..

Iownyou is correct at least that we were in contact very early with Pickett's coach and he is the one who suggested that we wait until after our FB game with Trousdale. He agreed that if we won that game we would have to pull out of the Basketball committment seeing that we only had 3 players. As far as the fine, I know nothing about that, and Temple will not be counting those games as "loses" and I am quite sure Picket isn't counting it as a win. But in the long run, it won't matter anyway. Basketball is a tournament sport and we will have to see if we are ready to get wins come Feb/March.