Whats wrong with total public/private split?

mphstigerfan

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Trousdale Co. does it year in and year out....Don't hear them crying about all of this. Maybe Coach Satterfield is a very good coach"

oh yeah, i think coach satterfield is famous for his 'lets keep the privates in here' attitude.

And then he goes out and kicks their butts on the field a majority of the times Laz. Sounds like good coaching to me, unless he is recruiting all of his players into that small community. Same for Coach Morris and Mansfield.

actually the last time Satterfield played a private in a 1A title game he beat USJ 69 to 0...he figured out how to overcome the advantages USJ had pretty good I would say...

:thumb::thumb: Those same advantages that have helped them so much these last two years.

Before I forget, Jaxman, good luck Friday. I'm cheering for ya'll and especially Clay, Greg and Seth.

Thanks...we will have our hands full and need all the support we can get

I'm pretty sure you really don't have a right to even be on the MTSU field or campus for that matter. You have chosen to separate yourelves from the rest of the Class A teams so why should you be allowed to perform on the public stage? Everyone knows that the REAL Class A state championship game was played the week before when Mt. Pleasant beat Jo Byrns. BTW, this logic will not apply when your basketball team gets beaten by Union City or Middleton or Adamsville. It also didn't apply when Union City beat you last year in football. In fact, any time you lost, it was OK to compete on the public stage.

Good luck this Friday afternoon. I wish I could be there to watch my nephews. I'll call to get updates.

Unclesupersteve17

Thanks...hope I have good news for you when you call...

It does seem one sided...no one complained much last yr as UC played TC in 1A...or when TC beat USJ 69-0 a few yrs back...or that the same public schools winning yr in and yr out are just good and work hard but that if a private wins yr in and yr out they must be up to something...the real answer is anytime a public and private play the private should just lose and this section of the message board would go away...but the schools who struggle now(i.e haven't made the playoffs in several years) would still struggle and the schools they are good now(i.e make the playoffs every year) would still be good...this really isn't about fair...it's about my team lost and I want to make sure they never do again

Heres something to ponder, The 1a private schools ,because of the multiplier numbers have to be fairly small. Yet ,both Jackson and Friendship have enough good atheletes to only play 3 or 4 guys both ways, remarkable. not really, I think its the work ethic from a fairly early age and also the ability to get a few already good atheletes (TRANSFERS). I'd also say nearly every single kid who starts playing football in the 9th grade at private schools are still playing as seniors.I'd also say nearly everyone of these kids have worked all 4 years if not longer. Public schools and private schools are two completely different varments. Private schools have natural advantages.

Pujo...I am a private school fan...but I agree we have advantages...I also think some public schools have advantages...Union City for instance over Lake County...no way Tiptonville compares to Union City...advantages exist everywhere and it is hard to know how to level the playing field...I am fine with privates being in their own class...as long as they do not have to compete with Financial aid privates...(ie division 2)...I truely wish we had a system that was fair...I don't know what it is...my beef as I have said before is that some...not all...public school supporters are looking for fair for their school only...they care little about the unfair nature of non aid privates having to play aid giving privates...which are 2 different animals...just as publics and non aid privates are 2 different animals...I will acknowledge my school JCS is different than small rural publics...I am willing as I said to be moved...but it is only fair that the people who want a better system look out for what is fair for our school as well as theirs...I appreciate those who hold a different view so long as they are concerned with all kids...not just theirs...you have to admit this comes up most often at this time of year when a private has ended a publics season...so it is natural for privates to think they are being sore losers...often that is the case...but not always...I know you post on this topic year round...I respect your opinion...I think if we worked together we could find a system that allowed publics to play...non aid privates to play...and aid giving privates to play...as to Lake County and Union City...that is harder..although they are 2 very different animals as well...I could get on the split bandwagon if more publics supporters didn't just want to lump aid giving and non aid giving schools together...

Pujo...I am a private school fan...but I agree we have advantages...I also think some public schools have advantages...Union City for instance over Lake County...no way Tiptonville compares to Union City...advantages exist everywhere and it is hard to know how to level the playing field...I am fine with privates being in their own class...as long as they do not have to compete with Financial aid privates...(ie division 2)...I truely wish we had a system that was fair...I don't know what it is...my beef as I have said before is that some...not all...public school supporters are looking for fair for their school only...they care little about the unfair nature of non aid privates having to play aid giving privates...which are 2 different animals...just as publics and non aid privates are 2 different animals...I will acknowledge my school JCS is different than small rural publics...I am willing as I said to be moved...but it is only fair that the people who want a better system look out for what is fair for our school as well as theirs...I appreciate those who hold a different view so long as they are concerned with all kids...not just theirs...you have to admit this comes up most often at this time of year when a private has ended a publics season...so it is natural for privates to think they are being sore losers...often that is the case...but not always...I know you post on this topic year round...I respect your opinion...I think if we worked together we could find a system that allowed publics to play...non aid privates to play...and aid giving privates to play...as to Lake County and Union City...that is harder..although they are 2 very different animals as well...I could get on the split bandwagon if more publics supporters didn't just want to lump aid giving and non aid giving schools together...

Jaxman. I'll have to say ,you are one of the most honest people on here. thanks. I love honesty.I've read your posts on here for a long time. Ialso agree with you that schools who operate the same way ,needs to be lumped together. Iknow who has won the 1a state title for umpteen and I also know the reasons, at one time it was the well coached schools with great atheletes, and for the last several years, private schools with parents who won't allow their kids to be lazy. Private schools also have a few other advantages, money is a factor that spreads out into many areas. Were just two completely different animals. I will also say, Ican appreciate the way you rase your kids and try to make sure they will excel in life. I do the same type of things with my kids, in a perfect world ,we all would.

thanks...I too think if we lived in a perfect world it would not be such an issue...but we don't...the system we have works but it has alot of problems...I am for looking for a better solution...but as soon as I get on that vein of thought I read to be fair lump all privates together and I react...all schools have 14 to 18 yr olds who work hard...and it is unfair to lump together all privates to fix the broken issues in Div 1 now...but we need to do something...as I said I am for 3 groups...publics...non-aid privates...and aid privates...some would say the groups would be too small...and they might...but it would be no worsee than todays system...and wouldn't punish kids in non aid privates...but would give small rurals a chance to play schools like themselves...anyway...it really comes down to TSSAA and $...who knows if it will ever change