Whats wrong with total public/private split?

mphstigerfan

People that choose to send their kids to private school obviously wanted to separate themselves from the public education system. Why then do they insist that they be able to compete in athletics against the same public schools that they removed themselves from? Public schools should compete with other public schools and private schools should compete against other private schools. Problem solved.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People that choose to send their kids to private school obviously wanted to separate themselves from the public education system. Why then do they insist that they be able to compete in athletics against the same public schools that they removed themselves from? Public schools should compete with other public schools and private schools should compete against other private schools. Problem solved.

Because I pay my taxes just like you. My kids have every right to play in the State sponsored, tax supported, system as your kids. If you don't want my kids playing in the State sponsored, tax supported program, give me back my tax money.

School is school. Everyone makes the choice of where they want to go. I could have moved if I didn`t want my son to go to JCM. I made that choice. I also made the choice along with my daughter to send her to a magnet school. Just because a kid chooses to go to a private school doesn`t make them any different a Tennessee high school teenager. It doesn`t make them a better athlete nor does it make them a worse one. They are still a high school teenager in Tennessee.

Because I pay my taxes just like you. My kids have every right to play in the State sponsored, tax supported, system as your kids. If you don't want my kids playing in the State sponsored, tax supported program, give me back my tax money.

The question wasn't how are you allowed to do it, it was why you would want to do it. Your tax money pays for students the same way it may pay for a road you'd never drive.

Then send your kids to the tax supported schools then. The private school people chose to get out of the public school system. I say get out totally and stay out. Good riddance!

School is school. Everyone makes the choice of where they want to go. I could have moved if I didn`t want my son to go to JCM. I made that choice. I also made the choice along with my daughter to send her to a magnet school. Just because a kid chooses to go to a private school doesn`t make them any different a Tennessee high school teenager. It doesn`t make them a better athlete nor does it make them a worse one. They are still a high school teenager in Tennessee.

Wrong again. Everyone does make a choice where they live but my kids go to school based on where they are zoned to go by the local school board. People that send their kids to private schools make that choice. I say when you make that choice to be excluded from public education then public education should exclude you from competing with schools from the public education system. I keep hearing rumors that if the TSSAA makes it too hard on the privates that they will just start their own athletic association. I say lets beat them to it and kick the privates out of the TSSAA. The public schools should have the power to do that but if not then maybe the public schools should start their own athletic association and let Ronnie have his private schools all to himself.

Edited by mphstigerfan

Wrong again. Everyone does make a choice where they live but my kids go to school based on where they are zoned to go by the local school board. People that send their kids to private schools make that choice. I say when you make that choice to be excluded from public education then public education should exclude you from competing with schools from the public education system. I keep hearing rumors that if the TSSAA makes it too hard on the privates that they will just start their own athletic association. I say lets beat them to it and kick the privates out of the TSSAA. The public schools should have the power to do that but if not then maybe the public schools should start their own athletic association and let Ronnie have his private schools all to himself and his buddies.

Are you aware that Alcoa and Maryville allow students outside of their zone to attend their schools for a tuition fee? That includes athletes. Not only do some live outside the "zoned" area ... they live out of the county entirely.

Does that seem unfair to you too? :)

I understand your frustration. Your team was put out by a private. No JCS or FCS ... and MPHS has a good chance to win it all. As for me ... if someone would just get rid of Bill Gates ... I would be a software tycoon. :) Maybe someone could multiply him into Argentina or Bolivia.

Edited by tnsddeveloper

Wrong again. Everyone does make a choice where they live but my kids go to school based on where they are zoned to go by the local school board. People that send their kids to private schools make that choice. I say when you make that choice to be excluded from public education then public education should exclude you from competing with schools from the public education system. I keep hearing rumors that if the TSSAA makes it too hard on the privates that they will just start their own athletic association. I say lets beat them to it and kick the privates out of the TSSAA. The public schools should have the power to do that but if not then maybe the public schools should start their own athletic association and let Ronnie have his private schools all to himself.

No, I`m not wrong.

Can we take our tax money too!!!