Photoman

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3a back- Harrison Smith-Knox. Catholic

3a Lineman- Alex Watkins- Haywood

Harrison Smith is a great player but he is better on defense .. its a shame .. Rogan carried Fulton on his back to the 3A State Championship ..I hate it for Dennis .. and I hate it for David Lipscomb because Dennis will be ready to show why he should have been the 3A Back of the Year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Harrison Smith is a great player but he is better on defense .. its a shame .. Rogan carried Fulton on his back to the 3A State Championship ..I hate it for Dennis .. and I hate it for David Lipscomb because Dennis will be ready to show why he should have been the 3A Back of the Year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is one where we disagree, Tadvols. I think Smith was pretty clearly the best back in the state in 2006. He was nearly Rogan's equal as a ball carrier and he was far more dangerous than Rogan receiving out of the backfield. Rogan is a great ball carrier and a terrific player, but Smith was the best back overall. Add to that his tremendous defensive ability ---not that Rogan is any defensive sloutch---and Smith is the top back in 3A.

My hope is that they end up as teammates next year. Good luck to Mr. Rogan and the Falcons this weekend! :lol:

Edited by hoya75

This is one where we disagree, Tadvols. I think Smith was pretty clearly the best back in the state in 2006. He was nearly Rogan's equal as a ball carrier and he was far more dangerous than Rogan receiving out of the backfield. Rogan is a great ball carrier and a terrific player, but Smith was the best back overall. Add to that his tremendous defensive ability ---not that Rogan is any defensive sloutch---and Smith is the top back in 3A.

My hope is that they end up as teammates next year. Good luck to Mr. Rogan and the Falcons this weekend! :lol:

Stats should be considered... rogan had better stats and his team IS in the championship mostly due to what he has done...Rogan has had a solid post season and over 400 yards of combined rushing and recieving last week at PC. Oh Well congrats to smith...

Name recognition over on-the-field production will always be the story. That, combined with the fact that some writers will vote with their area regardless.

Take the 2A lineman award. Is Chris Donald the best athlete, hands down, for that award? Yes. Did he have the best 2006 season? No. He only played eight games on a team that did not make the playoffs. Are you kidding? But, since he was on the ballot last year and is from a recognizable school, he wins. Same with Shiverdecker from Alcoa. Granted, he is more deserving that Chris D., but Adrian D. was 70% of the reason a 2-8 Humboldt team turned into a 10-3 Humboldt quarterfinalist.