Best 4a& 5a teams

volman09

don't be bitter cause your team isnt still in the playoffs....i know your jealous that a rich team from brentwood won it last year and is THERE AGAIN. just because we can play ball better than most teams doesnt mean you can bash on our wealth....

oh and as for your comments about the championship actually being between smyrna & ooltewah last week...thats funny cause thats EXACTLY what everyone said last year in the semis between Oak Ridge and Riverdale...but correct me if i'm wrong....RAVENWOOD WON. nice try, thanks for playing though.

Key word -Last Year-

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok this might stir up some arguments i know, but in 4A and 5A regardless of what has happened in the playoffs what are yalls top 10 picks in 4A and 5A and top ten period of both classifications combined? Mine are

4A

1. Maryville 2. Hillboro 3. RedBank 4. Morrison Town West 5. Sullivan South 6. Rhea County 7. Cleveland 8. Henry County 9. Fairley 10. Clarksville

-Okay i beleive my top 4 or 5 are where they are supposed to be but after that im not too familiar with the teams!! what do you all think??

5A

1. Smryna 2. Ooltewah 3. Riverdale 4. Dobyns-Bennett 5. Ravenwood 5. White Station 6. Ridgeway 7. William Blount 8. Gallatin 9. Sevier 10. Woodale

-Okay i put Smryna in front of Ooltewah because i do have their repsect for beating us even though i said regardless of the playoffs, but in my eyes the state championship game was played lasy friday in Smryna anyone agree??

- Riverdale and Dobyns-Bennett was a tough to decide for me but Riverdale has more respect comming from me so i put them in from but others will see different probably??? They are both better than Ravenwood, but best of luck to Ravenwood next week!!

- Guys and girls take a look and go ahead and start the bashing!!!!

You know, looking at this little thread that you started, it is so blatently obvious that you have an east Tennessee bias in 5A and in 4A. I'm just going to deal with 5A because it is so blatently flawed. RAVENWOOD is the defending STATE CHAMPION playing the the title game AGAIN against Smyrna. Ooltewah, Riverdale, Dobbyns Bennett, nor Smyrna have any business being in front of them. Simply put, they are king until they play the championship game. Deal with it! This entire list is garbage. How do you expect anybody to take you seriously? This is a complete joke! I don't give a rat's behind who you saw play either, because you haven't seen every team in the state play therefore your logic is faulty ... AT BEST! You don't have a clue as to how good team are from Mid-state to the west. NOT A CLUE! I know this is your opinion, but your opinion has east Tennessee bias written all over it. But to put those four team over Ravenwood shows a complete and utter disrepect and disregard for Ravenwoods acheivements.

Your opinion stinks.

Edited by kwc

Okay and you point about dont give you that crap??? I siad regardless of what has happened in the playoffs.. And i am basing this on mostly of what the teams did when i saw them play.. William Blount played Ooltewah a tough game in regular season and so did Farragut, but when they lost their QB they got beat 49- 14 or something like that so they pretty much stink without a couple of their players in there, do i think Ooltewah was that much better than them no but it made me take them out of MY top ten teams. And by the way ill give you any crap i want to and you will just sit there and read it and do nothing so dont tell me what not to give you!!! You must be one of those Ravenwood snobs that thinks they can tell people what to say cause they have money!?!? Come down to Ooltewah and show me some money and tell me what to do, you will go home broke

A little sensitive arent we, Did not mean anything personal about you, I just mean it is crap that someone who got beat early in the playoffs being ranked above someone who is still alive. First of all I would take a better playoff team over a regular season team any day. I am not into rankings becase there is no good way to do it in my opinion, look at hte mess the BCS has every year, why have rankings when you have play offs, and I am from west Tn. Just a football fan giving Ravenwood the respect t hey deserve for making it to two consecutive championship games. That in its self makes them at least one of the top 2 teams in the state right now, How at the end of the year, if Ravenwood ins its second state championship could they be ranked lesss than #1 in the state, and if they lose and are state runner ups, how could they be less than 2nd in anyones poll?

A little sensitive arent we, Did not mean anything personal about you, I just mean it is crap that someone who got beat early in the playoffs being ranked above someone who is still alive. First of all I would take a better playoff team over a regular season team any day. I am not into rankings becase there is no good way to do it in my opinion, look at hte mess the BCS has every year, why have rankings when you have play offs, and I am from west Tn. Just a football fan giving Ravenwood the respect t hey deserve for making it to two consecutive championship games. That in its self makes them at least one of the top 2 teams in the state right now, How at the end of the year, if Ravenwood ins its second state championship could they be ranked lesss than #1 in the state, and if they lose and are state runner ups, how could they be less than 2nd in anyones poll?

Maybe because so many of us have a bias which often results from unacknowledged favouritism. ;)

My wife used that one on me the other day. Had to pass it on. :lol:

Prophet, you trying to make any BB games at Gamlin gym?

Key word -Last Year-

Key Word---Returning to play in it AGAIN! Beat 4 teams on the road to get to the big game. They should be ranked wherever you want them...Doesn't change the fact that they have a ring and are playing for another while your guys are sitting the in stands watching. What's the discussion??? Please explain to all why you have turned this into a debate with no merit whatsoever.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but here's my take on the whole Ravenwood thing.

Ravenwood could very well end up being the state champs this weekend. However, any team that finishes 4th in there region will likely have question marks to their overall reg. season and playoff power rankings (even if you do get to the finals). In Ravenwood's defense playing in 6-5A is a little like playing in the SEC, everyone beats up on everyone and a game against the D2 state champ ranks up there as well. In Smyrna's defense there two losses were to Riverdale and Ravenwood, two top notch opponents. This fact could also make the championship a little tricky for Ravenwood, because it can be difficult to beat a good team twice.

In coacht's strength + success poll Smyrna is 4 and Ravenwood 7.

You know, looking at this little thread that you started, it is so blatently obvious that you have an east Tennessee bias in 5A and in 4A. I'm just going to deal with 5A because it is so blatently flawed. RAVENWOOD is the defending STATE CHAMPION playing the the title game AGAIN against Smyrna. Ooltewah, Riverdale, Dobbyns Bennett, nor Smyrna have any business being in front of them. Simply put, they are king until they play the championship game. Deal with it! This entire list is garbage. How do you expect anybody to take you seriously? This is a complete joke! I don't give a rat's behind who you saw play either, because you haven't seen every team in the state play therefore your logic is faulty ... AT BEST! You don't have a clue as to how good team are from Mid-state to the west. NOT A CLUE! I know this is your opinion, but your opinion has east Tennessee bias written all over it. But to put those four team over Ravenwood shows a complete and utter disrepect and disregard for Ravenwoods acheivements.

Your opinion stinks.

WEll you are intitled to your own opinion and thats fine i really dont care what you think, but what was Ravenwoods regular season record??? Was it 6-4 or something like that. Yall sit here and talk about some of these teams that i put ahead of yall were put out early in the playoffs well i think there were 2 or three teams that beat yall that were put out the first round... hmmm lets see you guys got beat by Brentwood A. but hey they are good and did win it all this year, Yall lost to Franklin and hey ill give it to them they were 9-1 then you guys lost to Brentwood who was 7-3 then lost to Dickson Co whjo was 8-2. The playoffs you guys beat Gallatin and White Station which i have seen play and arent that great.. Respect???? Why? 6-4 doesnt impress me at all. I mean does it to you guys up there??? Even if you win it this year yall wont be #1 on my list, yall are good yes but the best no!!! Yall have a good playoff run and thats it!!! It ends Sturday!!!

WEll you are intitled to your own opinion and thats fine i really dont care what you think, but what was Ravenwoods regular season record??? Was it 6-4 or something like that. Yall sit here and talk about some of these teams that i put ahead of yall were put out early in the playoffs well i think there were 2 or three teams that beat yall that were put out the first round... hmmm lets see you guys got beat by Brentwood A. but hey they are good and did win it all this year, Yall lost to Franklin and hey ill give it to them they were 9-1 then you guys lost to Brentwood who was 7-3 then lost to Dickson Co whjo was 8-2. The playoffs you guys beat Gallatin and White Station which i have seen play and arent that great.. Respect???? Why? 6-4 doesnt impress me at all. I mean does it to you guys up there??? Even if you win it this year yall wont be #1 on my list, yall are good yes but the best no!!! Yall have a good playoff run and thats it!!! It ends Sturday!!!

wow it would be great if yuo never posted again...you are the biggest moron i have ever met when it comes to high school football. there is a reason they have playoffs....to decide who the BEST TEAM IS. whoever wins...they are THE BEST. last year RAVENWOOD was THE BEST, this year...we have got another shot. just because east tennessee cant hold up a finger to midstate football doesnt mean you can bash on us. right now, Smyrna and Ravenwood have proved themselves...they are the BEST in the state. stop complaining and whining that your team is over rated and couldnt hold up against us. THERE AER PLAYOFFS FOR A REASON...IF YOU WIN, YOUR THE BEST. HANDS DOWN THE CHAMPION.

You are replying to my post as if I am a Ravenwood fan. I'm not, I'm from Memphis. Read my post again, I never CLAIMED to be a Ravenwood fan. My whole comment was about the lack of credibility to your post. Again, you are clueless.

I'm sure the Ravenwood fans will be losing sleep about not being number one on your list. LOLOLOL ... this is past pathetic, it's downright funny.

Ravenwood is still KING of 5A .... DEAL WITH IT!

;)

This is my last post on this moronic subject, I've wasted my time with this nonsense!