HAMPTON BULLDOGS BASKETBALL

bulldawg 70

I am not much on B-ball , but you fans have to remember them boys have not played together in along time. Give Mark a chance and support them Bulldogs. The coaching is there its up to the young men now. Jell as a team and they will be alright.

Whats up Bigdogs? Congratulations on Adams Regional MVP, now that footballs over you need to help with these basketball posters, they don't post much but they sure are negative when they do, I think if everyone will get behind the team with as much support as they do negativity things would be a lot better.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe we have been a bit harsh for so early in the season. I realize that 8-9 boys were on the football team, and that chemistry is something you have to develop over time when you find the right team make-up. They did play some great team defense against Elizabethton the other night, holding them down to only 46 points, so that's something to build on. The ball handling, foul-shooting, etc., will get better as the season progresses, hopefully. There is a LOT of individual talent here, and hopefully Mark will prove the naysayers wrong and get the guys to play as a team. If and when that happens, how far they go is up to them. :thumb:

Dawgfan, You seem to be very familiar with the program and I'm sure the players appreciate your support. just like Football we just gotta take it one game at a time, now lets get-r-dun Bulldogs!

Maybe we have been a bit harsh for so early in the season. I realize that 8-9 boys were on the football team, and that chemistry is something you have to develop over time when you find the right team make-up. They did play some great team defense against Elizabethton the other night, holding them down to only 46 points, so that's something to build on. The ball handling, foul-shooting, etc., will get better as the season progresses, hopefully. There is a LOT of individual talent here, and hopefully Mark will prove the naysayers wrong and get the guys to play as a team. If and when that happens, how far they go is up to them. :thumb:

I certainly hope that you didn't put a lot of time and effort into that thought because the Cyclones have been scoring 30-40 points every game. I guess every team they play has been great defensively, or maybe they are just not very good offensively, and still beat the Bulldogs by 20. What does that say for us? HHS has been the "most talented" team for the past couple of seasons and have nothing to show for it. I look for nothing to change.

Hampton fans and players. Remember Cloudland last year. Had only won 7 games going into the playoffs. Everyone in RM was badmouthing our coaching staff Went on a run, started playing team ball, won 7 straight and made it to state. I think we are going to see some great games in our district this year. One sprortswriter wrote that we could have a 4 way.

I certainly hope that you didn't put a lot of time and effort into that thought because the Cyclones have been scoring 30-40 points every game. I guess every team they play has been great defensively, or maybe they are just not very good offensively, and still beat the Bulldogs by 20. What does that say for us? HHS has been the "most talented" team for the past couple of seasons and have nothing to show for it. I look for nothing to change.

I do look for a change, its going to take a few weeks, its not how you come out of the gate, its when you cross the finish line. This is going to be a hustling bunch.

Hampton has the coaching staff . When the players jell together (watch out) it could be a great year for Hampton. I look for Lyons (Bird Man) to have a great season and to be a team leader. Hopefully Michael Guy can get back on his feet and be a team leader also. Got Speed how is Jared? and is Jayne's playing?

Michael should be back in 2 weeks, Jared's hand looks awful, Ive never seen someones hand swell like that, they say its just bruised, hopefully he will be back soon, hes a hustler on defense, little lunsfords back to practice and should be up to speed by the end of the week. Dustins back playing witch i'm glad to see, They have 3 games this week, So i look for alot of improvements by weeks end. Only thing I would like to see is some of the varsity Juniors who aren't starting play some JV, at least 2 Quarters. there's plenty of time for the younger boys to get playing time later in the year, But for now we need to get the varsity playing as a team.

i think everyone is blowing the coaching situation out of proportion, i think mark did the right thing by getting two knowledgable assistants to help with the team and as soon as one loss pops up everybody is looking for someone to blame. what i hated watching most thursday night was the ball tipping everyone on hamptons hands and no one grabbing it until eliz. gets the rebound but mark can go out there an grab the ball for them. and as for the sub-standard offensive performance i was expecting to see that with alot of our seniors just returning to the hardwood from football, but i can say i was impressed with some of the younger players and their effort they played hard every second they were in the game, our bench looks like it will be pretty good. many players look alot better since than year, i think it will get alot better as the season goes on, it will also help when we get michael guy out there.

i think everyone is blowing the coaching situation out of proportion, i think mark did the right thing by getting two knowledgable assistants to help with the team and as soon as one loss pops up everybody is looking for someone to blame. what i hated watching most thursday night was the ball tipping everyone on hamptons hands and no one grabbing it until eliz. gets the rebound but mark can go out there an grab the ball for them. and as for the sub-standard offensive performance i was expecting to see that with alot of our seniors just returning to the hardwood from football, but i can say i was impressed with some of the younger players and their effort they played hard every second they were in the game, our bench looks like it will be pretty good. many players look alot better since than year, i think it will get alot better as the season goes on, it will also help when we get michael guy out there.

Tha was the best decision that he made. Lunsford is a good coach, wutever he coaches.