The American way

pujo

pujo....just so you know we have already had a vote on this board and the majority of folks wanted a merit system. People from both sides of the issue felt that it was the fairest way to satisfy most of their concerns.

So be it, If I'm not mistaken, you were the first one to bring this up several years ago. Imust say,Ireally don't understand hoe it could or would work, but if its a good thing and most people like it ,go for it.

One thing that intrests me about it is ,ae they're other states that do it and are they satisfied with it. Looks to me like you could schedule real weak teams and barely beat them all,and sort of cheat a little. When it comes to winning,you are always going to have people willing to cheat.

I've asked this at least 10 times, but never got an answer: WHAT THE HECK IS A MERIT SYSTEM???!!!

And pujo, about the vote, I think privates should be with privates, and publics should be with publics. A TOTAL split... But, that will never happen, because if ALL the privates are put in one group, they would split and start their own orginization. Now I wouldn't mind this one bit. Have the TSSAA and the TPSAA (PRIVATE). I think if they (private schoolers) are too good for our schools (public), then we shouldn't have to play them. But it will never happen, because a split would cut the money flow to the T$$AA significantly, and we all know the T$$AA is all about the $$$$$$$$$$

Edited by Rangerbook06

I've asked this at least 10 times, but never got an answer: WHAT THE HECK IS A MERIT SYSTEM???!!!

And pujo, about the vote, I think privates should be with privates, and publics should be with publics. A TOTAL split... But, that will never happen, because if ALL the privates are put in one group, they would split and start their own orginization. Now I wouldn't mind this one bit. Have the TSSAA and the TPSAA (PRIVATE). I think if they (private schoolers) are too good for our schools (public), then we shouldn't have to play them. But it will never happen, because a split would cut the money flow to the T$$AA significantly, and we all know the T$$AA is all about the $$$$$$$$$$

The TSSAA would also be in another law suit.

As far as I'm concerned , I think a complete split is the only way to go. Public schools are at a disadvantage, its not going to get any better, its only going to get worse. The number of public school kids playing sports is going down all the time. It don't matter what the reasons is, its just the way it is. Private schools, when they deside to compete at a high level,it don't take them long. I'm not sure if the TSSAA will do anything . And if they do it probably won't be the right thing. But Just as sure as they leave it like it is, were going to be handing to GoldBall to them at a high rate. The multiplier was nothing more than band aid. It slowed the bleeding down for 1 year, its gushing again. It don't take an educated person to see whats going on, but its going to take someone with guts to do something about it.