Livingston Academy Wildcats

beethoven

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would be very surprised to see Maynord take this job...there is a faction in the county that would not support him...and that includes a segment of board members who want to maintain their control over aspects of the program. With him knowing this I doubt he would leave what is a good situation to one that has all of a sudden gotten dicey.

What is a "faction?" Is it a click?

Why wouldn't he be supported if he were to land at LA? You may be right, but I really don't understand that.

I would like to add some hypothetical comments. Jimmy Maynord runs a tight ship and every employer he has worked for will tell you the same. His integrity is top notch. And he does things the way they were meant to be done. If he has support, he will make a difference at whatever he does. If there is no support, well, no one could make a difference. Regardless beegdawg, if you know of people that do not support him, I will gaurantee you it has nothing to do with the quality of job that he does. One thing is for sure though, if Jimmy Maynord ended up at LA next season, the goal wouldn't be to please any "faction," it would be to win ballgames, plain and simple. Yes, it is no secret that Maynord is in a great situation. A town that loves football and their school. And they more than support him as a coach and as a principal. "Why would he leave that?" I feel as if he had hopes of someday coming back home and helping implement the same success. But with no support, it would impossible to succeed. And again, I am having a hard time understanding why he wouldn't be supported, if indeed, you are stating facts. To my knowledge, he hasn't done anything for anyone not to support him. So, do you know why?

What is a "faction?" Is it a click?

Why wouldn't he be supported if he were to land at LA? You may be right, but I really don't understand that.

I would like to add some hypothetical comments. Jimmy Maynord runs a tight ship and every employer he has worked for will tell you the same. His integrity is top notch. And he does things the way they were meant to be done. If he has support, he will make a difference at whatever he does. If there is no support, well, no one could make a difference. Regardless beegdawg, if you know of people that do not support him, I will gaurantee you it has nothing to do with the quality of job that he does. One thing is for sure though, if Jimmy Maynord ended up at LA next season, the goal wouldn't be to please any "faction," it would be to win ballgames, plain and simple. Yes, it is no secret that Maynord is in a great situation. A town that loves football and their school. And they more than support him as a coach and as a principal. "Why would he leave that?" I feel as if he had hopes of someday coming back home and helping implement the same success. But with no support, it would impossible to succeed. And again, I am having a hard time understanding why he wouldn't be supported, if indeed, you are stating facts. To my knowledge, he hasn't done anything for anyone not to support him. So, do you know why?

Yes...but I am not airing that dirty laundry here.

But I agree to the letter with what you say above... ;) There are people there that will try to force their will on anyone who they do not agree with; and this can make it tough on anyone who tries to honestly do their job and hold a tough line...and I know administration well enough to know that they will allow too much of an ear to the malcontents without telling them directly that the COACH runs the program; either get with it or get out. That is what I have observed and that is what concerns me. :thumb:

Edited by beegdawg

I would have to think that if he applied, he will not be at SC next year. If LA doesn't hire him, then there is something wrong. They messed up running Danny off. Surely they can't mess this up.

i dont really think it was a mistake it run danny off he couldnt handle to pressure of bein head coach......HE IS A OFFENSIVE CORRDINATOR.....END OF STORY....he didnt handle the parents well this year or anything...a coach dont ahng up on parents and not call them back...i really respect the man for his football knowledge...but you dont come into a pretty good program whitch coach eldrige started and just take it right down the drain with a 1-9 season WHICH YOUR ONE WIN WAS BY A LUCKY BAD PASS ON THE LAST PLAY 2 POINT CON. .....whitch he starts his FRESHMAN 150POUND son over the best athlete at LA in josh carwile.....and another thing this one goes to danny and bruce lamb and the rest of the coachin staff if you call them that.....YOU DONT START A 185 POUND GAURD AND A 200 POUND GUARD do the math it just dont work against 250-300 lineman.....sorry......livingston has some athletes they just need a real leader to help them out HOPEFULLY SOMEONE WILL HELP us out i would love it for 08

Edited by willie beaman