Morristown West

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess on the turf will be: They will just finish intalling it in time for kickoff next year.

Good move on Knox Cath, but I would have kept Knox West if it was possible. SH of late has not been that tough IMO.

I'm somewhat undecided on the turf but on a positive note in the Semi's Maryville will be able to get ready for the State Game on the new turf! ;)

just Kidding don't get those panties in a wad!

FBE I have no idea about Knox West but I see Mo West trying to upgrade their schedule and avoid rematches in the playoffs. Knox Catholic will be good for our schedule and Science Hill has been down but hopefully they will rebound. For us "oldtimers" the Science Hill game will take us back to the old Big 7 Conference before the schools split in Morristown. If it was possible I would have our out of region schedule be Jeff Co ( a natural rival) and rotate the other 2 games between Science Hill, DB, & Sevier County. I think this would make our schedule tougher and also reestablish some old Morristown rivalries.

About the "turf" I hope we are able to accommidate the Rebels next year (with different results :unsure: )

We are loosing some very important seniors so we have some juniors & sophmores that will have to step it up. I am sure Coach Woods and the staff will have them ready.

Edited by House of Troy

Good move on Knox Cath, but I would have kept Knox West if it was possible. SH of late has not been that tough IMO.

I'm somewhat undecided on the turf but on a positive note in the Semi's Maryville will be able to get ready for the State Game on the new turf! :unsure:

just Kidding don't get those panties in a wad!

fyi...from what I "hear" Knox West dropped Morristown West.

FBE I have no idea about Knox West but I see Mo West trying to upgrade their schedule and avoid rematches in the playoffs. Knox Catholic will be good for our schedule and Science Hill has been down but hopefully they will rebound. For us "oldtimers" the Science Hill game will take us back to the old Big 7 Conference before the schools split in Morristown. If it was possible I would have our out of region schedule be Jeff Co ( a natural rival) and rotate the other 2 games between Science Hill, DB, & Sevier County. I think this would make our schedule tougher and also reestablish some old Morristown rivalries.

About the "turf" I hope we are able to accommidate the Rebels next year (with different results :unsure: )

We are loosing some very important seniors so we have some juniors & sophmores that will have to step it up. I am sure Coach Woods and the staff will have them ready.

Yea, I guess there is still an old rivalry between SH and MoreTown, I can see that. Jeff Co being down is also something that used to be not the norm, I would like to see them turn it around as well. If you played Knox Cath, SH and a tougher Jeff Co, that would be a pretty stiff out of region schdule IMO.

Wish Maryville had some room to play Oak Ridge or DB every year.

Yea, I guess there is still an old rivalry between SH and MoreTown, I can see that. Jeff Co being down is also something that used to be not the norm, I would like to see them turn it around as well. If you played Knox Cath, SH and a tougher Jeff Co, that would be a pretty stiff out of region schdule IMO.

Wish Maryville had some room to play Oak Ridge or DB every year.

I understand the Catholic game will probably be the first game of the season and SH about 4 games into the year.

Anyone heard about any changes in MEast schedule next year?

Yes much 2 the dissapointment of many players from Knox West we did drop you guys from our schedule.... we really did enjoy playin u guys....but now i guess our only hope is the playoffs ..but hey that would be great....now if we can just put a wrench in that machine they call maryville.but good luck 2 your team next season

Yes much 2 the dissapointment of many players from Knox West we did drop you guys from our schedule.... we really did enjoy playin u guys....but now i guess our only hope is the playoffs ..but hey that would be great....now if we can just put a wrench in that machine they call maryville.but good luck 2 your team next season

Knotz West has nothing to hang their heads over, you guys have made great progress. It takes years to get to where Maryville is but if it has been done by someone, it can be done by others. We know the run can't last forever, but right now it is allot of fun.

I really do think in 2009 many teams in the 4A regions will look much different than they do today and I expect Maryville to be 5A.

Edited by FBEmeritus