Split

Hawse40

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be a bad mistake. After you split public-private are you going to split open zone and magnet schools, city vs rural schools? I wouldn't mind putting DII schools back into the mix. How will you ever have a true champion? A championship should mean something.

Oh ,there would be a state champion, still plenty of competition for both public and private schools. Everyone would be playing with schools somewhat like each other.DO IT

I think it would be a bad mistake. After you split public-private are you going to split open zone and magnet schools, city vs rural schools? I wouldn't mind putting DII schools back into the mix. How will you ever have a true champion? A championship should mean something.

Why would you care what we do at that point? It would no longer affect you.

Why would you care what we do at that point? It would no longer affect you.

I guess it doesn't matter. I just like to see the best teams in the state battle for championships. There will always be inequities. Schools with money schools without, schools that "recruit", schools that don't, open zone schools, magnet schools, rural schools and urban schools. So there will never be any equality in sports or in life.

I guess it doesn't matter. I just like to see the best teams in the state battle for championships. There will always be inequities. Schools with money schools without, schools that "recruit", schools that don't, open zone schools, magnet schools, rural schools and urban schools. So there will never be any equality in sports or in life.

I think its sort of neat for the small schools to have a chance at a championship. If you put all the schools in 1 class and just gave one championship, it would be a great accomplishment for someone, but if any team with a small enrollment had a chance ,it would be a private school or just maybe Alcoa.These little 1a rural schools have all they can handle and more.They deserve a chance.

I just think we should do what other states do. I think carter's words are the TIP of the iceburg. Unfortuantly our board of CONTROL doesn,t have the intestional forttitude to do the right thing because it would cut into their personal incomes and benifits

OK, let's do what other states do...lessee, Ga...no split, Alabama...no split, Miss, Ark, Kent, SC, NC, Virginia...same. Good idea. It is the right thing to bring everyone back together and lower the multiplier like all the other states. Glad you feel that way Hawse...

I totally agree with what you are saying. Do you really think that people will stop complaining if the private schools go to D2? Honestly? It's sports. I believe there will always be some kind of inequity no matter how it is split. Like nob4 said above... is it fair for rural to play against urban, or open zone against closed? Will that be the next forum on Coach T? The Urban-Rural Debate?

I'm not saying that privates shouldn't be in D2. I personally think that privates have an advantage, not because of money or facilities or coaches, but because most private schools are located in big cities, which give them a broader base of population. The rural schools they compete against don't have that. BUT... I'm just trying to look at the big picture. Let's say the publics get their wish, and we are gone. I want you to honestly think about what the next step will be. Will this be the total solution, a step towards a solution, or just the next step in a long set of never ending stairs?

Edited by BigG