State Championship Attendance

cbg

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TSSAA released the attendance figures for the D1 A (just over 2500) game and the D1 AA (just over 2000) game with Goodpasture vs Alcoa. Its no wonder that the TSSAA is not making any money with those figures. Do people just not travel to watch their team play for a state championship?

I think people would rather watch it on TV unless their team is playing when it's that cold. I'm sure the TV part makes them a little pocket change. I also liked it better when it was in Nashville personally.

I was at the 1A game yesterday and was surprised that Jackson Christian had so many more fans that Friendship Christian. I also think the numbers reported on thiis site are low. How can they keep accurate numbers since the stadium wasn't cleared between games and some stayed for both - I know my son and his friend stayed for the AA game.

Edited by 58Indians22

Does anyone how if there was a big crowd for Saturday's games? There could be quite a few reasons why attendance has dwindled the past few years. I also remember when the state championships where played in Nashville, the crowds were bigger but they started to go down starting in 98 or 99 I think.

Does anyone how if there was a big crowd for Saturday's games? There could be quite a few reasons why attendance has dwindled the past few years. I also remember when the state championships where played in Nashville, the crowds were bigger but they started to go down starting in 98 or 99 I think.

Read the posts above,they give the crowd size for each game,the numbers look a little high,but I thought they were last year also.