MHS DOMINATES

jrlcm

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To all the fans of Maryville I wish to apologize for the Hater thread I started last night. It was, and never has been my intent to bring any shame or classlessness to the program.

The past few years I have watched these young men and these great coaches and many of us in the community around the program work so very hard to reach the goals we now enjoy. Maryville Fans, alumni, players current and ex and supporters know what this program is all about. The victories and accomplishments never come easy but come at the end of a period of hard work and dedication.

The one detractor on this fine forum is when these kids play the kind of game they played last night that has become Maryville's trade mark there are always those who throw and spew jealous hate. Those who really believe because this, and the other Championships was not a 5A one, it is something less. It was to those people, who very soon will begin to post hate and ignorance about the program that I was talking too.

I meant no harm and am sorry for the post.

What a great game yesterday. Maryville played great. Brent Burnett threw the ball real well. Glad he is back next year. He should be one of the best quarterbacks in the state. Tyler Maples was the best player I saw all weekend. Shiver was his usuall self. Tyler Clendenen had some nice catches yesterday. Tank and Singleton ran hard. The offensive line blocked well yesterday. What a great team effort yesterday.

Defensively Maryville played great. Dwight Wood was awesome. The rest of the defensive line played well. What is so great about the defensive line is not only are they good. All of them except for Dwight Wood will be back next year. Tanner Caylor,Landon Hall and Travis Carpenter played well. All 3 of those guys will be missed. Secondary played well. Caleb Clement is a tough guy just like his brothers were. He is a warrior. I also like the fact that 3 of those guys will be back next year.

Another thing is Joe Pinkerton did an outstanding job in Jim Gaylors place of coordinating the defense. I loved the adjustments made. Especially in pass situations when Maryville goes to the nickle back.

What a Maryville fan is experiencing is something that doesn't happen very often. This run that is currently going on may be something that won't happen again. I am enjoying the ride because I know it won't last forever. How lucky as Rebel fans are we to have the great coaching staff that we have at Maryville? How lucky are we to have talented kids that are so commited to excellence? The answer is we are very lucky.

Sound advice RR this is truly unbelievable what the Rebs are doing. I know we here at Morristown West would give anything for just 1 State Championship!

To all the fans of Maryville I wish to apologize for the Hater thread I started last night. It was, and never has been my intent to bring any shame or classlessness to the program.

The past few years I have watched these young men and these great coaches and many of us in the community around the program work so very hard to reach the goals we now enjoy. Maryville Fans, alumni, players current and ex and supporters know what this program is all about. The victories and accomplishments never come easy but come at the end of a period of hard work and dedication.

The one detractor on this fine forum is when these kids play the kind of game they played last night that has become Maryville's trade mark there are always those who throw and spew jealous hate. Those who really believe because this, and the other Championships was not a 5A one, it is something less. It was to those people, who very soon will begin to post hate and ignorance about the program that I was talking too.

I meant no harm and am sorry for the post.

I share your frustration there FBE and that very thing has taken place on this very thread in subtle ways. That is trying to minimize Maryville's accomplihsments due to this or that. And if we defend our kids our team and our school we are accused of being arrogant and expecting everyone to bow down to Maryville. I don't expect any such thing. I just get tired of people trying to put Maryville in imaginary games, saying they would get blown out in them, and accussing them of being afraid to play them. I think MLReb, Pepvol and a few others struggle with ignoring it as we do. I know your love for the program and the reasons for it and I can relate to how you feel. It is really when people ignore us that we have to worry about though don't you think? I remember five weeks ago we played a stinker against Brainerd and people were taking bets whether it would Red Bank, Morristown West or Hillsboro to end our streak. We were tagged as vulnerable and the end was near. But we answered the bell. So lets just be gald we did and enjoy it. There are haters out there no doubt but there are also non Maryvillians who appreciate what we have been able to accomplish. Five State Champions were crowned this week and fortunately Maryville was again one of them. All four other teams accmoplishments are just as impressive and well deserved. Congratulations to all winners.

Edited by mhs

After listening to the announcer on the TV set after the Smyrna game, he said that Mayrville was the best team in the state. Maybe but I say that after all these years of dominace in 4A, why wouldn't Maryville move up to 5A and try to prove themselves as the best in the state in 5A? They could move up if they wanted to. But maybe they just like dominating in 4A like they have the past 10 years..... A wins a win right? Never play the biggest schools..... just a thought...

If anybody's wondering, Maryville crushed Smyrna in a preseason scrimmage. what's that say?