Marshall County Thread

wareagles67

Beau would be a good one. Here is another name for you to think about: Jacob Sorrells. He is Beau's cousin I believe. He is the defensive coordinator at Giles County. He has done a great job with their defense this year. He is a Lincoln County graduate and MTSU alum and has some head coaching experience. Great, young, energetic candidate.

yea right. Coach Sorrells is staying in Giles County, take that to the bank.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eaglefan and Mcfan, you guys are part of reason Marshall County is in the mess it is in! Lets be honest you guys ran off (Mccurry) the best coach for a political town like Lewisburg!

You couldn't have said it better yourself.

I agree with discipline 100%, a football team can win or lose a game with or without it.

The tigers need a coach with discipline, a coach who cares about the players, not one who is a hand puppet for the adminstration or the community. A great football mind would be a good asset along with enthusiam.

The problem in Marshall Co. is they are letting the wrong people pick and fire the coaches, honestly what coach is his right mind would take the chance the last two coaches took. I just hope they don't forget about the players in their selection process :thumb::lol::lol:

Edited by tigerclaw

That is a one-sided analysis. Both of the previous

coaches had limited support from the administration

by the end of their tenure.

A couple of posters on Coach T didn't create the

coaches' problems.

Eaglefan and Mcfan, you guys are part of reason Marshall County is in the mess it is in! Lets be honest you guys ran off (Mccurry) the best coach for a political town like Lewisburg!

Do you even know who I am? Obviously not. If you did, you would know that I bear no responsibility in McCurry being fired. I didn't start the petition that set off the chain of events. And besides....he brought that on himself.

Also, I remember you getting on CoachT the week of the Clarksville game saying that we were, "finally playing a team we could beat." Hmmmm........how'd that work out for you??

Yeah... that's what I thought. If you are going to get on here, at least have some football knoweldge, and on a topic such as this, don't accuse and blame where it doesn't fit.

Edited by eaglefan

i agree with you :thumb: ...i no im not from marshall and i prolly dont understand the whole situation..but it is important that kids like this new coach yall are getting.because they need a coach they will come to when in need.and if they didnt like the coach im sure they wouldnt play to there maximum ability on the field.but goodluck on finding a new coach marsahll.. im rooting for yall :huh:

Need to get the egos out of Marshall County and let a staff come in to take advantage of the skill that you all have there. Get some true support from the administration and quit worrying about who gets the credit. Do you people of "power" in Marshall County realize that you are viewed as a joke by the majority of Tennessee now? That was not the case a few years back. You have the talent level to compete every year. Quit cheating the kids and leave a staff in place long enough to get something done. You had a great staff a couple of years back and you blew it. Do some research this time and bring a quality staff back in to get a tough, but certainly attainable, job done.

I think the next head coach at Marshall Co. HS is currently employed by the Williamson Co. board of education.

There are plenty to choose from there...problem is, would any of them leave Williamson County to go to Marshall County?

You all are right...TALENT is not the issue in Marshall County. Is it coaching, not sure that is the whole issue either..although Johnson was a questionable call! The Administration, Parents, Coaching Staff and community must all be on the same page.

Need to get the egos out of Marshall County and let a staff come in to take advantage of the skill that you all have there. Get some true support from the administration and quit worrying about who gets the credit. Do you people of "power" in Marshall County realize that you are viewed as a joke by the majority of Tennessee now? That was not the case a few years back. You have the talent level to compete every year. Quit cheating the kids and leave a staff in place long enough to get something done. You had a great staff a couple of years back and you blew it. Do some research this time and bring a quality staff back in to get a tough, but certainly attainable, job done.

Jasper, you don't know what you're talking about.