Marshall County Thread

wareagles67

Do you think he would leave his current job to come here? If they could get him that would be a excellent choice. He is a good football coach. He would also be a good fit for the players :thumb::lol::lol:

I think they will give everything they can to get him and its said that he's not happy where he is, he would be able to move home. if he wasn't interested there wouldn't be talks, he wouldn't want his current guys finding out. i believe he will be in place by Jan. but thats strictly my thought and i've been wrong more than once.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you please repost your top five.

My Tiger friends say you come as close an anyone in

predicting these things.

Then tell us what you really think.

I'll list a few of my potential candidates and why they should apply :thumb:

TM: He came back this year and led his team to the second round of the state playoffs. That spread it out type of offense he coaches is exciting and would really work (as he'd bring more discipline without question to Lewisburg). Anyone who takes SH to the second round of the playoffs seeing as where they've been in recent years has to be a hot commodity right now. By the way he also has Lewisburg ties as well.

BS: A multiple time region championship coach at the 2A level who's at a school that isn't exactly talent filled. He'd go from having to compete with the likes of Goodpasture, CPA, DCA, FRA, & Ezell for midstate supremecy to just having to deal with Lipscomb. Outside of DL I assure anyone that Marshall Co. has the most talent of any team in this region and he'd make the most of it and win in a hurry.

KW: He took over a football program that was about as terrible as it gets and made it one of the top five 2A programs in the state. He's also a Wing-T man as well and everyone knows that was a successful fit with the last head coach who liked to utilize that particular offense in Lewisburg. I haven't even mentioned the fact that this induvidual also does not want to compete with all of those privates for much longer NOR does he want to play second fiddle to teams like Milan, Westview, USJ, Huntingdon, & now JCS in his own part of the state (despite all of his fast success).

You also know that DT was one of my finalists and the reasoning behind this should be rather obvious to anyone living in the southern-midstate area. He's at a 5A school that will never win it all playing the teams that they have to compete with on a week to week basis. Despite that he's had success at his current stomping ground as was proven by this year's second round playoff appearance. Despite having tremendous teams the last two years though he's been ousted by Cookeville & Smyrna in the playoffs. I didn't even mention perrenial powers Lincoln Co. & especially Riverdale (who they'd also always see in an early round potential playoff matchup). The pay at LHS does not rank among the top so I promise you (mediamogul) that DT wouldn't see that is a potential barrier stopping him from getting the job at Marshall Co.

HINT: My 5th and final candidate is not TT, MM, or RC for anyone wondering HOWEVER he is coaching at a school that is still playing football this week ;)

I'll list a few of my potential candidates and why they should apply ;)

TM: He came back this year and led his team to the second round of the state playoffs. That spread it out type of offense he coaches is exciting and would really work (as he'd bring more discipline without question to Lewisburg). Anyone who takes SH to the second round of the playoffs seeing as where they've been in recent years has to be a hot commodity right now. By the way he also has Lewisburg ties as well.

BS: A multiple time region championship coach at the 2A level who's at a school that isn't exactly talent filled. He'd go from having to compete with the likes of Goodpasture, CPA, DCA, FRA, & Ezell for midstate supremecy to just having to deal with Lipscomb. Outside of DL I assure anyone that Marshall Co. has the most talent of any team in this region and he'd make the most of it and win in a hurry.

KW: He took over a football program that was about as terrible as it gets and made it one of the top five 2A programs in the state. He's also a Wing-T man as well and everyone knows that was a successful fit with the last head coach who liked to utilize that particular offense in Lewisburg. I haven't even mentioned the fact that this induvidual also does not want to compete with all of those privates for much longer NOR does he want to play second fiddle to teams like Milan, Westview, USJ, Huntingdon, & now JCS in his own part of the state (despite all of his fast success).

You also know that DT was one of my finalists and the reasoning behind this should be rather obvious to anyone living in the southern-midstate area. He's at a 5A school that will never win it all playing the teams that they have to compete with on a week to week basis. Despite that he's had success at his current stomping ground as was proven by this year's second round playoff appearance. Despite having tremendous teams the last two years though he's been ousted by Cookeville & Smyrna in the playoffs. I didn't even mention perrenial powers Lincoln Co. & especially Riverdale (who they'd also always see in an early round potential playoff matchup). The pay at LHS does not rank among the top so I promise you (mediamogul) that DT wouldn't see that is a potential barrier stopping him from getting the job at Marshall Co.

HINT: My 5th and final candidate is not TT, MM, or RC for anyone wondering HOWEVER he is coaching at a school that is still playing football this week :D

I'll stick to initials. You mentioned CK in an earlier post. He has local ties was your reasoning.

I'll list a few of my potential candidates and why they should apply :thumb:

HINT: My 5th and final candidate is not TT, MM, or RC for anyone wondering HOWEVER he is coaching at a school that is still playing football this week :lol:

You can take BS off your list....can't see him ever leaving here.....this is where he is born and raised played......played with alot of the fathers whose kids he coaches today.....alot of ties here. His talent level is fine..watch the next couple of years......getting stronger! His name was dropped on here just before playoffs by someone with the name zorro something or something zorro. BS had to address it to his players because of that...it spread like wildfire through the comm. If he does go.....I would be more than shocked...and if your right....play the lotto.....you have great vision........lol. Do you know when they are suppose to make a dec. on this.....bet the kids would like to know as soon as possible. Good luck to them all!

If anyone with the initals CK, TM or BF get this job it would totally amaze me. IMO their local ties and inexperience by two mentioned would prevent them from getting the job as much as anything. Homegrown isn't always the best route and I definetely feel that an outsider would be the best thing that could happen to this program. These kids don't need someone telling them "When I played here we did this or that" They need someone to come in and say this is how it is going to be done -- it is my way or the highway. Make that point up front and no one will have any misunderstandings of where I (from the coach) stand on certain issues. Discipline on and off of the field is one of the biggest issues facing the new man on campus. Get that one taken care of early and it is downhill form there.

If anyone with the initals CK, TM or BF get this job it would totally amaze me. IMO their local ties and inexperience by two mentioned would prevent them from getting the job as much as anything. Homegrown isn't always the best route and I definetely feel that an outsider would be the best thing that could happen to this program. These kids don't need someone telling them "When I played here we did this or that" They need someone to come in and say this is how it is going to be done -- it is my way or the highway. Make that point up front and no one will have any misunderstandings of where I (from the coach) stand on certain issues. Discipline on and off of the field is one of the biggest issues facing the new man on campus. Get that one taken care of early and it is downhill form there.

I feel the same way you about "its myway or the highway" :lol:

I mentioned BF in an earlier post, and after talking to him he has no intention of trying to get the job. I believe he is moving to Oregon to coach. Also think JS is happy where he is. Big Country soundes to be dead on, i believe whole heartedly that DT will be the man, and from what i hear its his to take.