Marshall County Thread

wareagles67

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a blonde all these initials make me even dizzier.

It's awfully confusing.

Who is JS & where is he from ?

I think Big Country is pretty accurate, although there

are a couple of names floating out there that I haven't

seen anyone mention.

Anyone know exactly what's going on & how soon a coach

will be named ?

Jacob Sorrels from Lincoln County coaches at Giles now

d cordinator

I have a good friend who coaches baseball down that way and he thinks the next coach at MCHS is now coaching football in another state. He said they wanted to hire someone who is a succesfull head football right now, someone who can get the job done quick and bring order and discipline to the program. He didn't give me a name but I heard they will be in place after Christmas.

I decided to check out what was going on in hometown of Lburg and suprised to see a few names on here, I can promise that BF will not apply. I believe that the next coach will be successful and I hate to see the program have a few down years. A winning season can fill the stands quick as anything, I love MCHS and hope and pray the right decisions are made to get a quality head coach. For me I will support 100% whomever is named. I have no idea about who and when anyone will be named but hope its soon for the players.

If anyone with the initals CK, TM or BF get this job it would totally amaze me. IMO their local ties and inexperience by two mentioned would prevent them from getting the job as much as anything. Homegrown isn't always the best route and I definetely feel that an outsider would be the best thing that could happen to this program. These kids don't need someone telling them "When I played here we did this or that" They need someone to come in and say this is how it is going to be done -- it is my way or the highway. Make that point up front and no one will have any misunderstandings of where I (from the coach) stand on certain issues. Discipline on and off of the field is one of the biggest issues facing the new man on campus. Get that one taken care of early and it is downhill form there.

Evidently you are not familiar with CK or TM (I don't know BF), because if you were you would know that neither are laid back individuals. Not only that, but one can assume that one of those having a military background EXPECTS and DEMANDS respect, and I can assure you is not afraid to discipline.

It might do these young men some good to be exposed to the people who were a part of such a Rich Tradition that existed during their years at MCHS. In addition, if you spend any amount of time around any coach, very rarely do you hear, "well when I played, this is how we did it", give me a break, they have to be able to adjust to the times and personalities/types of kids they are dealing with. And things are much different when coaches played the game, if they didn't realize that, they probably wouldn't be coaching.

One thing is certain, the program needs some revitalization.

Evidently you are not familiar with CK or TM (I don't know BF), because if you were you would know that neither are laid back individuals. Not only that, but one can assume that one of those having a military background EXPECTS and DEMANDS respect, and I can assure you is not afraid to discipline.

One thing is certain, the program needs some revitalization.

Oh how wrong you are -- I know and watched all three that were mentioned play at Marshall County. I never said anything about anyone of them being laid back . I said inexperience on the part of two and local ties of all three would prevent them from being the next coach. No doubt the military experience of TM would be great but it just won't happen.

I still say the next coach at MC doesn't reside in the state at this time. I know they are waiting for the playoffs to end for a couple of people but that is mostly out of respect for those individuals and the programs they are in at this time.

I may be wrong. I have been wrong before. Only time will tell and the saga continues ......................................

Many may be ruling out a certain individual a little to quickly.

My information says that "out of state" candidates, namely one in particular, may have a very, very strong interest. Hint::(He has built or rebuilt several programs...........and ..........knows the situation at Lewisburg both from the outside looking in and the inside looking out.

He has been "sniffing" around about the job....let us say.

As you say.............only time will tell.

Many may be ruling out a certain individual a little to quickly.

My information says that "out of state" candidates, namely one in particular, may have a very, very strong interest. Hint::(He has built or rebuilt several programs...........and ..........knows the situation at Lewisburg both from the outside looking in and the inside looking out.

He has been "sniffing" around about the job....let us say.

As you say.............only time will tell.

I would be shocked :lol: