Marshall County Thread

wareagles67

Easy now......you're talking about a GREAT football player and a GREAT person. Definitely one of the best to play at MCHS. Also has a 4.0 GPA

Playing time? You're crazy....he's the one who filled in for Kevin Bishop (a senior) that year when he got hurt. He would without a doubt been starting the next year. Who else would have?? O'neal was only gonna be a sophomore and def. would've been playing receiver.

This kid just had the guts to do what others didn't!!!! :thumb:

Seriously, how do you figure he would not have been starting? Absurd......

maybe you should limit your posts to that school north of the river. :lol:

Never said he wasn't a good player or person. Don't know him very well (cause I stay north of the river :) ) but I know for a FACT he wasn't gonna start they were gonna start Stud. That's where it all came from. He might have filled in for Bishop but the coaches were gonna use Stud at QB. Was it the right choice....I dunno, the person in question is a great QB but the staff was gonna use stud. If your gonna blast someone, get your facts right first.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never said he wasn't a good player or person. Don't know him very well (cause I stay north of the river :thumb: ) but I know for a FACT he wasn't gonna start they were gonna start Stud. That's where it all came from. He might have filled in for Bishop but the coaches were gonna use Stud at QB. Was it the right choice....I dunno, the person in question is a great QB but the staff was gonna use stud. If your gonna blast someone, get your facts right first.

Are you sure about that ? I never heard that one.

Need Proof??????

Look at the scores from the following games tonight:

Goodpasture vs Lewis Co.: 48-0 Cougars

Camden vs CPA: 58-27 Lions

Your right--two more years of knowing your out in the first or second round will not sit well with BS. Having to go thru Milan and Huntingdon was hard enough--now you go through GP, CPA, Milan and Huntingdon. Region 6AA has chances--slim and none. BS might be looking :thumb:

Edited by Hoganknows

Never said he wasn't a good player or person. Don't know him very well (cause I stay north of the river :thumb: ) but I know for a FACT he wasn't gonna start they were gonna start Stud. That's where it all came from. He might have filled in for Bishop but the coaches were gonna use Stud at QB. Was it the right choice....I dunno, the person in question is a great QB but the staff was gonna use stud. If your gonna blast someone, get your facts right first.

No....no....As crazy as mac was there's NO WAY he wouldn't have started the kid at QB. He had D1 potential and talent (it's a shame he had such horrible injury luck this year). QB was the only place he could've played. He wasn't the all-around athlete Stud was. It's not like he could've lined up at tightend or saftey. It was either QB or nowhere. Mac would've had no reason to play Stud over the kid. Not in his system.

And those are the facts.

We can have Bobby Sharp and his offense in Lewisburg by 5:30 in the morning. He is currently on the road to Nashville with the team for a "fun day" before the big game. He does not even think the kids have a chance. We are sick and tired of the 1931 wing-t that the nursing home can defend. By the way they left school @ 9:30 am.

"We" do you have a mouse in your pocket? Now let's be honest, which kid is yours that that is not playing enough or not getting the ball enough or has been corrected by the coach? I'm sure by coaching 5 year old Jr. Pro Kids you have gained a great prospective on offensive philosophy. By the way Goodpasture's offensive is WING-T!

I have a great idea why don't we just let you guys coach and I guess everything will be okay next year. Since you guys have all the answers and all the dirt on people. I wonder if your closets are clean

Lets just let the fans coach and the n we will see how great the tigers can be.

Give it a rest people!!!!!!!

No....no....As crazy as mac was there's NO WAY he wouldn't have started the kid at QB. He had D1 potential and talent (it's a shame he had such horrible injury luck this year). QB was the only place he could've played. He wasn't the all-around athlete Stud was. It's not like he could've lined up at tightend or saftey. It was either QB or nowhere. Mac would've had no reason to play Stud over the kid. Not in his system.

And those are the facts.

Actually, Stud would have fit in Tharp's spread option better. With that said, I think Gower still would have been the starting qb.

Actually, Stud would have fit in Tharp's spread option better. With that said, I think Gower still would have been the starting qb.

You seem to be forgetting the timeline of events. Coach Tharp resigned right after the season. If Mac is never fired, the offense goes back to the Wing T completely. So with either QB the system was gonna be the Wing T since Tharp left.

That's why I said Gower would've been the guy. And even if Tharp stays and we ran some spread, it still would've been Gower. Considering the number of receivers required in the system, Stud would've no doubt been needed at receiver.

FYI: We never ran the option that year. Not one time. :rolleyes:

You seem to be forgetting the timeline of events. Coach Tharp resigned right after the season. If Mac is never fired, the offense goes back to the Wing T completely. So with either QB the system was gonna be the Wing T since Tharp left.

That's why I said Gower would've been the guy. And even if Tharp stays and we ran some spread, it still would've been Gower. Considering the number of receivers required in the system, Stud would've no doubt been needed at receiver.

FYI: We never ran the option that year. Not one time. :rolleyes:

[/quo

you are wrong my friend I was on staff and the plan was to use stud!!! Mac really loved the way he could make things happen when the ball was in his hands...He had one just like him last year in Miss, he really likes athletic QB's! BTW his team won 42-24 last night Quarters next week!