Big 9 vs IMAC - both are weak

roundballjunkie

That "one person" was the team's best defender (always guarded the best offensive guard or ballhandler), most dependable ballhandler, and team leader (captain)-- a "glue guy" that coaches and students of the game appreciate and teammates like. They didn't lose much in the way of scoring, but given the spotty defense, unforced turnovers, and lack of fundamental play so far, he might have "helped anyways."

For the "idiots" that do not understand, IF Greeneville and DB play this year, it will be in the Regional Tournament. Someone made the comment that with Coty, DB might have a chance to beat them, and well look, imagine that, Coty will probably be back by the Arby's. That means, he will be full strength by tournament time. People (Waco) getting underestimating this team and wanting to give up on them but you are forgetting they only lost 1 person from last year's team and that one person would not help anyways. It is a better team than last years. Charlie is just going to have to figure out what combinations work best and him, along with his assistants, are going to have to get these kids some work on their fundamentals and come January they will be ready to go. Just watch.

As for the sophomores, DB's freshman team was really good last year. They are not the best to come through, but it is a really good class. This year, 3 of them are on varsity and getting alot of minutes. Justin Sylvester is getting the most of these minutes, along with Dustin McConnell (wing) and Jordan Edwards (post). All 3 have had their moments this year, but Sylvester is by far "the guy" and the future for DB.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not sure which D-B team some of you have seen...they lost two games in Knoxville by a total of 5 points and beat a conference foe who beat them last year as part of their four victories...I have seen a team with more assists than turnovers (official stats), that has fouled too much and shot foul shots poorly in three of the six games played so far, forced 27 turnovers in one game and also had 16 offensive rebounds in the same game, they play hard...I have seen a 6'2" post player lead the team in scoring and rebounding averaging 7 boards a game (many offensive) and play great d, both in the post and out on the floor; seen a point guard with 37 assists, only 13 turnovers, and almost 20 steals, who has also lead the team in scoring a couple of games; I have seen seen a soph wing lead the team in scoring (hit 17 a time or two) and play extremely hard on defense; I have seen a senior wing make good decisions, play solid defense, box out real well, and hit some big shots; I've seen a senior post playing very hard, giving all he has, boxing out bigger players, defending full court with smaller players; I've seen other big guys play big at times and lead the team in scoring (hitting 17 to do so) and rebounding; guys coming off the bench scoring in double figures (14 points) and making plays (as Coach Morgan said to the media on Friday), playing good defense, making good passes; I have seen a couple of seniors play with and through injuries, giving outstanding effort...they are 4-2, should have won one they lost and could have won the other...but they didn't; but they are not a bad team...sure there are flaws, what team can't improve?...and Central may wax them tonight, Central won at the Buck Van Huss Dome last year, but I will still know this D-B team, these players, will play hard and will continue to do so....I just don't understand why people can't enjoy the effort, the quest, the growth, the teamwork...sure, I yell and scream and stomp at times, but I am much louder with my cheers and stronger with my hugs (win or lose)...

Roll Tribe Roll

I am not sure which D-B team some of you have seen...they lost two games in Knoxville by a total of 5 points and beat a conference foe who beat them last year as part of their four victories...I have seen a team with more assists than turnovers (official stats), that has fouled too much and shot foul shots poorly in three of the six games played so far, forced 27 turnovers in one game and also had 16 offensive rebounds in the same game, they play hard...I have seen a 6'2" post player lead the team in scoring and rebounding averaging 7 boards a game (many offensive) and play great d, both in the post and out on the floor; seen a point guard with 37 assists, only 13 turnovers, and almost 20 steals, who has also lead the team in scoring a couple of games; I have seen seen a soph wing lead the team in scoring (hit 17 a time or two) and play extremely hard on defense; I have seen a senior wing make good decisions, play solid defense, box out real well, and hit some big shots; I've seen a senior post playing very hard, giving all he has, boxing out bigger players, defending full court with smaller players; I've seen other big guys play big at times and lead the team in scoring (hitting 17 to do so) and rebounding; guys coming off the bench scoring in double figures (14 points) and making plays (as Coach Morgan said to the media on Friday), playing good defense, making good passes; I have seen a couple of seniors play with and through injuries, giving outstanding effort...they are 4-2, should have won one they lost and could have won the other...but they didn't; but they are not a bad team...sure there are flaws, what team can't improve?...and Central may wax them tonight, Central won at the Buck Van Huss Dome last year, but I will still know this D-B team, these players, will play hard and will continue to do so....I just don't understand why people can't enjoy the effort, the quest, the growth, the teamwork...sure, I yell and scream and stomp at times, but I am much louder with my cheers and stronger with my hugs (win or lose)...

Roll Tribe Roll

Well said Skunk, well said!

Roll Tribe Roll

You were right about one thing, DB got WAXED!

Unbelievable what Morgan has done with this great group.

That "one person" was the team's best defender (always guarded the best offensive guard or ballhandler), most dependable ballhandler, and team leader (captain)-- a "glue guy" that coaches and students of the game appreciate and teammates like. They didn't lose much in the way of scoring, but given the spotty defense, unforced turnovers, and lack of fundamental play so far, he might have "helped anyways."

Well said, you maybe the smartest person on here.

Tribe all the way- there's this thing i like to call the region tournament. you know its when the top four teams from the big nine play the top four from the IMAC. yeah i'm a total idiot. You would think someone who plays for the almighty DB would know that.

Tribe might be right about 1 thing, DB might be meeting Greeneville in the regionals...and exiting quickly in the first round.

Roll Tribe Roll

Here's the team im seeing, and have been seeing sinse the start.

In Charlie Morgan's own words after the Central "Beat Down". "We have to play better defense and block out better" "They made shots early, we didn't" "We had no disipline, no mental discipline" "We got schooled in every phase of the game tonight" "Central beat us down the floor in transition, out hustled and outrebounded us" "Central shot the lights out" "We were very undisciplined in our offense" "we had no floor leadership" "We came down and jacked up the ball" and my favorite quote from Morgan......."We will lean from this" :lol:

DB picked to finish first in the conference just got beat at home by 20 points by the team picked to finish fifth. And if you look back at games played so far the Indians are lucky to have won at all. Everybody know's how this group played as freshman. Everybody know's how they played at tourney time last year. Thats why they were picked to win the conference. This is a very good group of players. It all comes down to coaching and Morgan is doing a very poor job of it.

Now lets here from all those wearing blinders.

Here's the team im seeing, and have been seeing sinse the start.

In Charlie Morgan's own words after the Central "Beat Down". "We have to play better defense and block out better" "They made shots early, we didn't" "We had no disipline, no mental discipline" "We got schooled in every phase of the game tonight" "Central beat us down the floor in transition, out hustled and outrebounded us" "Central shot the lights out" "We were very undisciplined in our offense" "we had no floor leadership" "We came down and jacked up the ball" and my favorite quote from Morgan......."We will lean from this" :thumb:

DB picked to finish first in the conference just got beat at home by 20 points by the team picked to finish fifth. And if you look back at games played so far the Indians are lucky to have won at all. Everybody know's how this group played as freshman. Everybody know's how they played at tourney time last year. Thats why they were picked to win the conference. This is a very good group of players. It all comes down to coaching and Morgan is doing a very poor job of it.

Now lets here from all those wearing blinders.

The kid singing the national anthem was really good....that is one positive they can take from this game :thumb: