2007 Region 6 1A

Big Bigby

:angry:

Why would would Smith completely change an offensive scheme that took mostly sophmores and juniors to a semi-final game. 90% of the team comes back with the expierence of that type of offense. I cant understand why you think they should change. I do agree about putting in some different things, but why change the base of an offense that got you one game away from the state finals.

Could you actually state what you are sayin. Are you scared to say it? I know you know its wrong, but if you are gonna make an allegation atleast be a man enough to say it right.

Apparently you didnt read the post correctly. Here let me type a little slower so you can understand it. How many REGION games in a row did CW win. I'm not counting undeafeated season. Coach Smith could have scheduled pansies and could still be undeafeated in the regular season. Come on GreenMan straighten this guy out. LOL.

Get'em

• Replies 785
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you dont have a chance of breaking collinwoods record of three straight undefeated seasons in a row.....that would be 29 straight regular season wins...its actually longer than that cause im not counting wards freshman season when they won their last few regular season games..........now i may be wrong but mt pleasant has currently won seven or eight straight regular season games in a row......thats a looooonnng way from 29+ dude........and dont give me that garbage about region versus non region wins...they keep score in ALL OF THEM............when you break that 29 in a row get with me and beat your chest then....(course i know you cant win another 23 in a row so i aint one bit worried dude....hahahahaha

All time head-to-head MP vs. Collinwood

MT.PLEASANT 17 WINS

collinwood 8 wins

When you get the record respectable let us know!

Oh yeah we'll be going for the 4peat in 2007.

Oh, by the way, FCSprideatUT your team FCS did EXACTLY what you and MonkeyWrench are saying that mTp should have done(spread the ball around) and also had a back like Marco in Rickaway. So whats your excuse why FCS got their pads beat off of them????? I would like to hear an answer out of both of you on that fair question. If not, the shut up juice is over on the counter.. :lol::D:thumb:

Excuse? i have none. there is no excuse for loosing games, that simple.

Comparing the games against each other, i think you might be pleasantly suprised to see that the similarities stop at the fact that both teams got beat.

in loosing to JCS

rickaway ran the ball 20. Marco ran it 32 times.

FCS had 6 turnovers and forced 1. Mount pleasant had 1 turnover and forced 3.

FCS gained 273 offensive yards. (58 R, 215 P) Mount Pleasant gained 156 offensive yards. (133 R , 23 P)

FCS allowed 262 offensive yards. (54 R, 208 P) Mount pleasant allowed 447 offensive yards. (233 R, 214 P)

FCS punted 3 times , Mount Pleasant punted 5.

FCS forced 5 JCS punts. Mount Pleasant forced 0.

FCS scored 13 points, Mount Pleasant scored 14.

FCS allowed 19 points, Mount Pleasant allowed 42.

I really can't think of anything else to compare....If you can think of something else to compare i will be glad to look it up for you.

The fact is, we got beat. There is no excuse, just gotta make peace with it. But i will say that comparing the two games and saying both teams got the "pads beat off" is not correct if you look at the stats. If you not looking at the stats and saying both teams got the pads beat off of them, then i just would like to know what you are looking at to say that....

Edited by FCSprideatUT

Comparing the games against each other, i think you might be pleasantly suprised to see that the similarities stop at the fact that both teams got beat.

in loosing to JCS

FCS gained 273 offensive yards. (58 R, 215 P) Mount Pleasant gained 156 offensive yards. (133 R , 23 P)

FCS allowed 262 offensive yards. (54 R, 208 P) Mount pleasant allowed 447 offensive yards. (233 R, 214 P)

I really can't think of anything else to compare....If you can think of something else to compare i will be glad to look it up for you.

The fact is, we got beat. There is no excuse, just gotta make peace with it. But i will say that comparing the two games and saying both teams got the "pads beat off" is not correct if you look at the stats. If you not looking at the stats and saying both teams got the pads beat off of them, then i just would like to know what you are looking at to say that....

all hail the new stat master......hahahaha

Why would would Smith completely change an offensive scheme that took mostly sophmores and juniors to a semi-final game. 90% of the team comes back with the expierence of that type of offense. I cant understand why you think they should change. I do agree about putting in some different things, but why change the base of an offense that got you one game away from the state finals.

Just my opinion, but the other guys on here pointed out a good point. That style of offense is good for Marco(any style is good for him), but not good for everyone else to be involved in enough. Besides, Smith might need to start looking ahead to what style of offense will work with the talent that's upcoming for '08. Have you thought of who might be QB when Marco's gone? I wouldn't be surprised if Marco doesn't go back to tailback this year just to give the upcoming QB some experience. Probably wrong on that too. But talent like Marco can be utilized anywhere on the field not just QB. Like I said in earlier post, the other coaches will be on to last years schemes and should be ready for it.

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against what he's been doing, if it works again, then hey,,, it works again. :thumb:

Ok, lets get this straight! Stop cying Cwood, we OWN YOU!!! And you know it!! Stop cying, we have Marco, yes he is great! You just wish you had him!! Yes, Coach Smith is a great coach, he can't help it he has such good talent!! Do you think hes going to complain. MP had good talent when he wasn't here, just didn't have the coach to coach talent and to change! Throw up all the stats, shoulda,coulda,ifs,and buts. And just admit that we OWN YOU, and until you beat us your still our little WHIPPING BOY!! One day you all will beat us. But until then take it like a man!!

Just my opinion, but the other guys on here pointed out a good point. That style of offense is good for Marco(any style is good for him), but not good for everyone else to be involved in enough. Besides, Smith might need to start looking ahead to what style of offense will work with the talent that's upcoming for '08. Have you thought of who might be QB when Marco's gone? I wouldn't be surprised if Marco doesn't go back to tailback this year just to give the upcoming QB some experience. Probably wrong on that too. But talent like Marco can be utilized anywhere on the field not just QB. Like I said in earlier post, the other coaches will be on to last years schemes and should be ready for it.

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against what he's been doing, if it works again, then hey,,, it works again. :thumb:

that style is good for everyone.........yall just fail to use everyone....i mean theres usually 2 backs beside him right? well theres 2 choices that usually get overlooked. just my opinion

in loosing to JCS

Notice all the smiley faces at the end of that post ? It was to get your goat. It worked I see. :thumb:

Glad your about no excuses. I try to be the same way, but sometimes those your posting to just don't quite get it, and it in-tels a little more description. Then they hit you with "awe look at him making excuses."

Good work on those stats. Glad to see someone else other than WH and I posting numbers for everyone else's enjoyment.

My actual point was that FCS spread the ball around MORE than mTp did and still got beat just as mTp did. You and others was saying that if mTp relied more on other players other than Marco, that mTp might have stood a better chance at beating JCS. In other words mTp shoulda had more of a play style as FCS. Your stats prove my point that even though FCS spread the ball around more JCS was able to defend it. So JCS deserves to be the champs because they beat the no.1 run offense in Marco and mTp; and beat the no.1 pass/run offense in Rickaway and FCS. Its not that mTp and Smith did anything wrong, as some imply, its that JCS was that good. Your right both teams lost, its that simple. Go back and look up the mTp/JCS thread in '06. I didn't make any excuses then either.

that style is good for everyone.........yall just fail to use everyone....i mean theres usually 2 backs beside him right? well theres 2 choices that usually get overlooked. just my opinion

Are you a selective reader and only understand what you want ? I've conversed with you over and over and still can't get you to see the fact that Marco was utilized 30%-50% of the plays that mTp ran. Go back and look at the stats one more time to get a feel for the truth. Again it was Marco's ability to take it to the house over and over again that got the spotlight put on him and did not let the other backs shine like they could have. Those other two that you talk about are good backs, not Marco type, but non the less good. They just didn't have to work their buts off to win games cause Marco did it with ease. If you didn't go watch all of mTp's games that those other backs played key parts in then in my opinion you need to hush up about them cause you really don't know,, do you?? :thumb:

They were not overlooked except by people like you. :lol:

I know it your opinion and all and I can understand that. What I cant understand is everybody flipped out when Marco went to QB and Smith led MP to the semi-finals. Just because the state title wasnt won the first thing out of people's mouth was put the Brown boy at QB. The only way MP wins and duplicates last years performance and hopefully one more game is to have Marco at QB. MP would have Smith's head on a platter after a region loss if MP had a freshaman or junior QB while Marco was in the backfield. As far as other coaches knowing what is going to happen, let em. By the time you to the playoffs every team knows what you are running even if it is either last years offense or a new one this year. As far as who will be QB in 08, who cares. Hopefully Smith is concentrating on 07 and a solid run on a state title, not preping a QB for 08.

Dude you have know idea what you are talking about. You are just jealous of Marco. When you have Mr. Football on your team you give him the pill.

Are you a selective reader and only understand what you want ? I've conversed with you over and over and still can't get you to see the fact that Marco was utilized 30%-50% of the plays that mTp ran. Go back and look at the stats one more time to get a feel for the truth. Again it was Marco's ability to take it to the house over and over again that got the spotlight put on him and did not let the other backs shine like they could have. Those other two that you talk about are good backs, not Marco type, but non the less good. They just didn't have to work their buts off to win games cause Marco did it with ease. If you didn't go watch all of mTp's games that those other backs played key parts in then in my opinion you need to hush up about them cause you really don't know,, do you?? :)

They were not overlooked except by people like you. ;)

im just bringin up points from other peoples posts, my opinion dont freak out.....me bringing them up prob means im not overlooking them, if you wanna hear people that are over looking them look at all the posts where its "marco pleasant," "if it wasnt for daily, mtp couldnt win 5 games" "mtp would be a middle of the region team with out daily"im sure theres been alot more.