Bledsoe Football

bchswar

This is to Mr Robertson; Make an example of the type of players who talk about their teammates and are always complaining or trying to jump ship when the water gets deep. I am the kind of person who will say that I am wrong if only you give me something to tell me that you are the coach for this tough job. Otherwise, you are just like the last one and nothing but a puppet. It sickens me to hear high school kids and parents acting like they have an agent and are making deals. As for starting out with some discipline look no further than Knoxville and UT football. Let's make rules for some but not others. If they had kicked Adrian Foster off like they did the non-starter then maybe he wouldn't have fumbled. Bad characters=bad character and that will ALWAYS get you beat in the big games

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is to Mr Robertson; Make an example of the type of players who talk about their teammates and are always complaining or trying to jump ship when the water gets deep. I am the kind of person who will say that I am wrong if only you give me something to tell me that you are the coach for this tough job. Otherwise, you are just like the last one and nothing but a puppet. It sickens me to hear high school kids and parents acting like they have an agent and are making deals. As for starting out with some discipline look no further than Knoxville and UT football. Let's make rules for some but not others. If they had kicked Adrian Foster off like they did the non-starter then maybe he wouldn't have fumbled. Bad characters=bad character and that will ALWAYS get you beat in the big games

I agree completely....

Thank you for the agreement. Maybe I haven't made my self clear on these boards - how could I not have...the biggest gripe that I have outside of the handling of this hire is that our program is not getting any better (we did make play-offs) with work ethic and discipline. When I watch games and the first play of the game is a personal foul and then we jump offside and then you watch as players fuss with each other and then at the coach then I get terribly frustrated. This is not the way that it is supposed to be. We must teach our kids to play with dignity, tenacity and intensity and have a coach that controls the team (all players).

OMG! you guys complain more than any group of fans in the world. First you wanted rid of your coach and now you are not happy with the one they hired. BCHSWAR you sound like my sheep bababa except it is waaaa. Give the new coach a chance to get his program going.

I'm giving him a chance, but the community is a different story.....

wardawg, thanks for that clarification. I am trying to find a silver lining to this cloud but keep getting hit with lightning. I have personally talked with several school board members and ALL of them except one has been very disappointed with the way that things were handled. They understand teaching positions and other things being involved but they also know that there are always positions in a county school system. I have also heard that the new superintendent has made the comment that he is the person that was hired to do the job and make the decisions not the school board and that they were not going to be involved in any of his decisions. I am still waiting for the latest on if and when some of the current players are transferring (alabama might need some) and if Mr Robertson is going to have the courage (and backing hahaha) to stand up and make a statement about loyalty to the program. Finally, anyone know if they are beginning weight training yet and if they are gonna have the same program as before. At one time we had a knowledgeable weight coach but he grew frustrated and decided not to continue

wardawg I have only seen you make educated posts so I am not going to respond in a negative manner to you and take no offense. I can't believe that any school board would have a superintendent that would believe that he did not have to do things right...he must have felt that the coach would be the right fit and did not share in the thoughts that there would be someone else interested in the job who could do the job

It doesn't seem like the way to do it, but I guess it's his authority to do so. I don't think Bledsoe's superintendent is elected, correct me if I'm wrong, so it might just have to be something you live with. Maybe it will turn out good, from what I know the coach seems like a good guy and maybe the players will play hard for him, as a whole.

It doesn't seem like the way to do it, but I guess it's his authority to do so. I don't think Bledsoe's superintendent is elected, correct me if I'm wrong, so it might just have to be something you live with. Maybe it will turn out good, from what I know the coach seems like a good guy and maybe the players will play hard for him, as a whole.

Its just something we live with.....

I agree that either of those guys might have made good coaches or some one else on the staff or anyone else that might have applied. Ken Colquette might have been interested or Nick Saban for that matter but the truth is that we will never know because the man in charge put his foot down and everybody else just has to shut up and take it. Those are the facts