Upperman

dctigerfan07

So far this season, the upperman lady bees are undefeated at 8-0 and are outscoring their opponents by almost 26 points. They average 65.8 ppg while only allowin 40 ppg. This team is just a good as last year, the only difference is being more experienced. Is there anybody in AA or even the state that can beat them? I know Livinston is supposed tobe just as good as they are...but what are their chances?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Upperman is a very, very good team, but I still do not concur they are the best team in AA. Traditionally, Upperman starts the season very strong but wear down as the season progresses. That being said, they probably have their deepest bench in many years (maybe ever), so we'll see what happens this year. I do have to give Coach McWilliams credit though, she has not lost a member of this senior class although two or three had started earlier in their career but now come off the bench (giving way the starts to younger players). Their chemistry is outstanding and the senior's leadership is invaluable. Who knows, this may be their year... :thumb:

Upperman is not a bad team at all. On a good shooting night they can beat anyone in AA. Consistency is what will haunt them. They have not shot the ball consistently enough this year as well as last year. They are definately better than last year but......... we will wait and see. As the previous comment stated,come tournament time they seem to fall apart.

Obion County, Jackson Northside, Stone Memorial, and Dyersburg are probably at the top. Upperman, and others are within range. But if History proves itself, only one or two of the top ten teams consistently throughout the year will make it to the boro... upsets will happen to some great teams.....

I agree that Upperman does rely on shooting at times. However, I really think this years team has got alot of options. The 6'3 freshman girl inside gives them an inside presence if needed. (She will be very good) They seem to play like scavengers. If you can't handle the ball, they will take it. If the ball is on the floor or loose you better watch your knees because they will be on the floor in a heartbeat. I will admit there are things they need to work on in order to get over that hump. And this year I really believe they will. I realize that the team has a few seniors, but let's don't forget how young this team is at the same time. That may not make much sense but the leading scorer on the team is a 5'5 freshman that plays more like a boy. The christmas tournaments will tell a lot, Upperman always travels to somewhere and takes on the countries best, and to tell you the truth the last few years they've come out of those tournaments undefeated. I agree will all of you however, time will tell. Good luck to all 7AA teams. (toughest district in the state for a long time)

I kno they will be contenders for the district(as always) but how good will they be next year? As good as this year? Any differences other than a stronger post game?

they have had talent to win it all but never have but this could be the year i believe dyer adds a new deminsion to a already good club with her presence inside that by years end they'll have the consistancy they've lacked in past years

Obion County is good, but until somebody knocks off North Side they are still the team to beat. Over the past four years they have a combined record of 116-9 and have been to three straight state tournaments. Two of which were AAA. And to say that North Side can't stay within 20 points of them is a huge statement. They are good. We saw them in the playooffs last year, but North Side is pretty good too.

Obion County is good, but until somebody knocks off North Side they are still the team to beat. Over the past four years they have a combined record of 116-9 and have been to three straight state tournaments. Two of which were AAA. And to say that North Side can't stay within 20 points of them is a huge statement. They are good. We saw them in the playooffs last year, but North Side is pretty good too.

Is the 6'4 kid from Dyersburg playing yet?

Obion Co just played one of the best teams in Kentucky this afternoon at the Graves Co Shoot-out, and beat them by 15(Marshall County).....They beat Gibson Co by 30 last night at Gibson Co, and you don't beat a David Russell team by 30, period.....They are one of the best girls team...I've seen in a long time!! :thumb: