Region 4-5A Rumor Mill

jmu031

True,,, but Shane could very likely end up playing bball there as well. The kid has poured it on lately on the hardwood. ( as you well know from the other night.)

where did you hear about playing basketball as well...that isnt very common todo both espcially for walk ons is it?

now most of you know that shanes mom was really good in basketball she is in a jr college hall of fame and she went on to finish at Miss. ST.

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what player do you think MTSU should have gotten?

I am very happy for shane getting to walk on at MTSU kinda surprised but he is athletic and good size so i will be happy to see howhe does

congrats kid

why are you surprised?? I think it smart for middle to take chances on local walk ons, especially if the qualify for the lottery scholarship. In shanes case he gets the lottery scholarship and gets money because his mother is a teacher. I am just surprised that MTSU hasn't contacted more kids.

2priceless, Andrew McGowan is going to Middle but not playing ant sports. He just doesn't want to.

why are you surprised?? I think it smart for middle to take chances on local walk ons, especially if the qualify for the lottery scholarship. In shanes case he gets the lottery scholarship and gets money because his mother is a teacher. I am just surprised that MTSU hasn't contacted more kids.

2priceless, Andrew McGowan is going to Middle but not playing ant sports. He just doesn't want to.

Why doesnt tyler walk on as well?

well i guess i am kinda surprised because while shane had a decnet high school career it wasnt what one would say a D1 career but like i said he is athletic and has got some size

what other kids do you think they should have contacted?

Yes Tyler signed with MTSU with baseball back before football season ever began, so your lil dig at him tj was weak and you look silly now.

As for A.Mcgowan, glad to see he is going to school in the Boro where he will be close to his family. However, I hate to hear he will not be playing ball anywhere. The kid was totally underated for his prolific career at Oakland. We need more kids with his drive and his courage on the field. Some of the hardest licks I saw this yr were from A-Mc. He amazed me how well he did with the position change this yr. I was a skeptic when I first heard he was being moved.......but a BELIEVER after the first time I saw him play there. A TOTAL team player and unselfish player. I wish Andrew the very best that life has to offer. He will be very successful in any avenue he chooses to pursue.

How about Chad Hunter from Riverdale? Is he playing baseball or football anywhere?

well i guess i am kinda surprised because while shane had a decnet high school career it wasnt what one would say a D1 career but like i said he is athletic and has got some size

what other kids do you think they should have contacted?

I think middle should talk to as many kids from rutherford county as possible. They might not be D1 right out of high school but do you think teams like Boise State and Utah, or Troy get D1 blue chips??? The thing about rutherford county players is they know how to win...especially riverdale. It only takes a few local WALK-ONS to stir up more local interest and in turn fill seats. Just ask Coach Insell just him alone stirred interest. I think a scott thomas, corven parks, or a kaelin griffith could strive in that program. These players wouldn't cost the team ant scholarships that could be used for bigger prospects.