Region 4-5A Rumor Mill

jmu031

what's a real surprise?

Like younger players that are putting up suprisingly good numbers...or older players that have made big gains since last year. Positive stuff!

Well TDC, word on the street is that one of your coaches applied at Smyrna.

I mean positive surprises...nobody wants to hear bad news in February.. :unsure:

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Word is that Coach "A" is trying to get rid of all the Rankin staff

yeah i dont understand that i have always thought that we have the BEST coaching staff in the state our we may not win the games but the kids were always prepared and knew their assignments win or lose...having said that we have already lost 3 or 4 last year and we ma ylose 2 or 3 this year(already lost coach collins)but we are still the MIGHTY RIVERDALE WARRIORS and i am sure coach will find some good quality assistants to take their place coaches are going to be more important now than they ever have

I suppose a new coach would want a staff that is loyal to him. I guess that is normal to want to surround yourself with folk that already know and believe in your system. I would expect it might get old to hear "Rankin did it like this..." or even worse for it to come back to you that your staff is dogging on you all over town.....like a certain whine-it has been known to do.

I don't think there was bad blood b/c Collins and A. I think Collins is readying to retire and knew that they use your last 5 yrs income to determine retirement. Going to an asst principal slot will up that salary and is only a smart move to make.