Region 4-5A Rumor Mill

jmu031

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noticed that both Oakland and Siegel were advertising for assistant football coaches on the TSSAA site. Who are these guys replacing?

B/c of the transition b/t Tackett retiring and Vaughn having to wait until July to take the reins, we lost out on some hiring and some possible positions for coaches. We never had a full staff to begin with last yr. So to my knowledge, I think we aren't replacing anyone, just filling slots where we were short last yr. Hopefully somone with more of an inside track than me can clarify.

I really like Epps on the hardwood, and think he could make the adjustment to football if he chose to. He would be welcomed with open arms I am sure. Bacillum and OakIand.......yall work on that.

I don't know about Epps, but Kendall has said several times that he is playing football after basketball season ends.

we have a kid who's about to break the hang clean record... everyone has gotten stronger, we've got a whole new work out plan and routine we are going by and practice is scheduled for the end of april as of now

the kid about 2 break the record...is he a senior??? :lol: kind of defeats the purpose of boasting if he is since he wont b there next yr 2 compete. good luck w/ the new work out schedule. hope it will help some of the young ones step up. :angry: btw have yall had your banquet yet? if so what honors were given out? if not then why not???? what teams still have not had their banquets?? food its always about food. ;)

Ill swing by tomorrow to see who is all coming out. Kendall and Epps won't be there though.

Yeah, I know bball is the top priority right now as it should be. Would Coach ferg let them come out after their season finishes though? Both could really make a difference I think. I think we should have some pretty good sized lineman in the mix, right?

Yeah, I know bball is the top priority right now as it should be. Would Coach ferg let them come out after their season finishes though? Both could really make a difference I think. I think we should have some pretty good sized lineman in the mix, right?

Coach Ferg will let them come out. It will be a while though cuz Oakland's gonna win state. As of lineman do you mean trying out or currently on the team.

Actually I meant both....I know there were some good sized lineman that were sophs, and seems like I saw some size on the freshman line as well. How about anyone trying out that is new to the program? You players need to talk some of the beef in the halls into coming out. I am sure there are kids who just don't have much experience but have the size and athleticism to compete. With a bit of prodding from you guys, they could get the confidence to try. I mean look at all the kids from Lascassas that have contributed to the program and didn't have football at their school.

Actually I meant both....I know there were some good sized lineman that were sophs, and seems like I saw some size on the freshman line as well. How about anyone trying out that is new to the program? You players need to talk some of the beef in the halls into coming out. I am sure there are kids who just don't have much experience but have the size and athleticism to compete. With a bit of prodding from you guys, they could get the confidence to try. I mean look at all the kids from Lascassas that have contributed to the program and didn't have football at their school.

There are some pretty big boys out there. Ill give you a report tomorrow after I see who is trying out. Lascassas definitely needs a football team. It would give some vital experience to those coming up, but Mr. Duke o I'm not gonna start.

A few yrs back, they discussed geting one...until they found out how much it would cost to get one started. I believe one of the varsity coaches, Coach Glover , was talking about coaching it. He isn't coaching anymore now though. It would have been great and there are other smaller schools they could have played.....such as MTCS, Southside, Rockvale, Kittrell, etc. Maybe the HS could help them get it started by weeding out some old equipment and maybe jerseys??

A few yrs back, they discussed geting one...until they found out how much it would cost to get one started. I believe one of the varsity coaches, Coach Glover , was talking about coaching it. He isn't coaching anymore now though. It would have been great and there are other smaller schools they could have played.....such as MTCS, Southside, Rockvale, Kittrell, etc. Maybe the HS could help them get it started by weeding out some old equipment and maybe jerseys??

I only wish, but Mr. Duke ugh.