Region 4-5A Rumor Mill

jmu031

Is he only all about bball ........ it would interfere with academics???? What is his deal? I would think with a couple of the coach's wives employed there we might have a better shot now?

I'm not exactly sure what his problems is. We have been begging him for years for one. I know it ain't money because there are so many alumni and people who would donate and we could pull together a couple of fundraisers. We might be a little hardpressed for a practice field though. Also coaches might be hard to come by. Next time I see him I'll ask him myself.

• Replies 916
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not exactly sure what his problems is. We have been begging him for years for one. I know it ain't money because there are so many alumni and people who would donate and we could pull together a couple of fundraisers. We might be a little hardpressed for a practice field though. Also coaches might be hard to come by. Next time I see him I'll ask him myself.

Great......I knew Mr Stewart was dead set against it when he was principal. Of course he was all about bball. That was why my son switched to Central.....so he could play football. It is a shame b/c so many kids would have benefitted from it. Yeah, be sure to mention it. With Barrett;s lil bro along with others over there, we need to get them working on OHS plays. I would bet we could get someone to coach. Heck....heard Stephen Luter was talking about helping this next yr. He and Brandon Demers could maybe start one up over there.

Great......I knew Mr Stewart was dead set against it when he was principal. Of course he was all about bball. That was why my son switched to Central.....so he could play football. It is a shame b/c so many kids would have benefitted from it. Yeah, be sure to mention it. With Barrett;s lil bro along with others over there, we need to get them working on OHS plays. I would bet we could get someone to coach. Heck....heard Stephen Luter was talking about helping this next yr. He and Brandon Demers could maybe start one up over there.

I'm not a hundred percent positive but I believe that to be a paid coach you have to be a teacher there, but I mean they could teach history or something we could make it work.

I think the WORLD of LUTER. He was a HECK of a LB. Team MVP.....Ask Stell or Bragdon about the guy.... Demers helped with the freshmen this last season. They love this program so much, and it is great to see them return.

I heard that Luter is already helping with the Freshmen this fall. He was there today during incoming Freshmen workouts.

Actually I meant both....I know there were some good sized lineman that were sophs, and seems like I saw some size on the freshman line as well. How about anyone trying out that is new to the program? You players need to talk some of the beef in the halls into coming out. I am sure there are kids who just don't have much experience but have the size and athleticism to compete. With a bit of prodding from you guys, they could get the confidence to try. I mean look at all the kids from Lascassas that have contributed to the program and didn't have football at their school.

yeah what about them boys from lascassas :thumb: .......you had to wing it if you never played ball before then

Both are EX OHS football players who graduated a few yrs back. Both are still in school. Both were exceptional players for OHS and would be outstanding examples for the team. They could get a person at the school to be called Head Coach and let those 2 actually run it as volunteer coaches.

That is exactly what Smyrna did last year ... a teacher was the "Freshmen Head Coach" and we had volunteers, ex SHS football players helping out! Graet experience for the kids and they learned a lot from ex players they looked up to when they came from the middle schol to watch over the past few years. Names they recognized and role models for them! Great plan ... just got to get Butch and Ferg on board!!

I only wish, but Mr. Duke ugh.

Man, you never got to know mr.Duke either prob. Duke was a really good man if you got to know him. Much as i got in trouble i still liked him, he does whats best for the school. Lascassas struggled just to get a baseball field. Which im very glad they did, im glad to say i was on the first ever championship team there! Stewert was awesome too. I think Duke just wants the best for the school.