Alcoa vs. White House

BenStiller23

I'm not agreeing with the shutout post, but WhiteHouse is a darn good team with really good coaching. They won the 3A title in 97, moved to 4A lost deep in the play offs to Melrose and others year in year out. Good team, good tradition, better than alcoa?...can't tell?

Ask McCallie. D-II State Finalist. Remember they beat Riverdale and lost to Brentwood Acd by a few pts. White House is not on the same level as a BA or Riverdale! Maybe up on the ridge tehy think of theirselfs as a BA but know one else does.

Edited by rigger101

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this has got to be one of the dumbest post ive ever seen!!! First off the season just ended, second everyone assumes that since alcoa has lost like 30+ players in the last 2 years that their run is over! Finally you sit there and talk about how great your team is, rich in tradition and how special they are and how they show it on the field.........I heard the same crap from Goodpasture for a week and they were showed up AGAIN!!! Wait till you at least have numbers in your win loss record before you try and start talking crap against Defending state champions (Alcoa, Maryville, Fulton, Smyrna)

now i don't have a dog in this hunt... but the melrose team that white house beat in '97 had more talent than alcoa has ever had - now this ain't 97, but it ain't 2006 either - in 2007 you'll have two new teams and we'll just see how it goes....

I also don't have a dog in the fight (I'm with Fulton) but why does everyone keep bringing up 1997? That was 9 years ago and is completely irrelevant to next year's match-up between Alcoa and White House. I watched White House on film this year and I don't know about youth or what not, but Alcoa would have thrashed them this year. I realize next year is a different season, but unless WH gets a lot faster and gains a lot of team speed, than it will be a long night for them. Cobb and Sommers (sp?) are really good athletes and I'm sure the Tornadoes will reload in key positions. Not to mention they have a coach in Rankin who has more State rings than he knows what to do with. Again, no dog, just looking for an interesting football topic.....

I also don't have a dog in the fight (I'm with Fulton) but why does everyone keep bringing up 1997? That was 9 years ago and is completely irrelevant to next year's match-up between Alcoa and White House. I watched White House on film this year and I don't know about youth or what not, but Alcoa would have thrashed them this year. I realize next year is a different season, but unless WH gets a lot faster and gains a lot of team speed, than it will be a long night for them. Cobb and Sommers (sp?) are really good athletes and I'm sure the Tornadoes will reload in key positions. Not to mention they have a coach in Rankin who has more State rings than he knows what to do with. Again, no dog, just looking for an interesting football topic.....

Will be a great game, id take White House due to their physical style of play. Alcoa d-line was soft against GP in the State title game, the Alcoa coaching staff had run alot of stunts to pinch the middle of the line because GP was averaging 10 yds a pop up the gut, with that said Alcoa killed GP with speed, I would suspect White House has alot more speed than GP. Too bad we have to wait a year for this matchup....

It'' be a game worth watching for both sides, how about that? These two have never played each other, so to compare how'd they do by comparing teams of past is not fair for these teams, so lets go with the same and respectable bet that its gonna be a good game.

BenStiller whatever your name is, just keep your mouth shut, nobody likes a trash talker, especially one who shows no regard for the other team. Peace!

weezyfbaby Today, 02:27 PM Post #28

Manager

Group: Guests

Member No.: 105,197

how many nfl players were on that melrose team in 97? i know there were a few.

I'm pretty sure dewayne robertson (who played at kentucky and was the 4th overall pick in the nfl draft), cedrick wilson (who has a high-school state championship ring), a college national championshio ring (tennessee), and a superbowl ring (steelers), artrsose pinner (who had 2 t.d.'s for the vikings yesterday), kendall moorehead (tennessee), that's just off the top of my head,i'm pretty sure about these, but i'm probably leaving a few out.

Mannythemanager 2 minutes ago Post #31

Camper

Group: Guests

Member No.: 99,105

It'' be a game worth watching for both sides, how about that? These two have never played each other, so to compare how'd they do by comparing teams of past is not fair for these teams, so lets go with the same and respectable bet that its gonna be a good game.

BenStiller whatever your name is, just keep your mouth shut, nobody likes a trash talker, especially one who shows no regard for the other team. Peace!

i do show other regard. manager :angry: , i've said clearly alcoa is a great team, how could anyone argue with all their state championship rings, i'm not trash talkin either i'm just tellin you that if alcoa thinks we're not gonna score then they're gonna be in for a rude-awakening. so i wouldn't be tellin me to keep my mouth shut when i'm tryin to help you get prepared to get beat. :lol:

Ben you have no idea, after reading what you say on the football thread, and reading what you say in basketball, you seem like you think WH sports teams are invinceable. Alcoa will beat you all over the field, NEXT YEAR!!!! Why in the world has this topic even been started??? There is about 8 or 9 months before this game will be played. Anyways Good luck with the Tornados NEXT YEAR, they pretty much destroy anything in their path.

Edited by Z King of D Swing