Hoover on CSS

Gerry Bertier

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Prattville finished 15-0. Their quarterback, Larry Smith is a career 36-2 as the Lions starter. Larry Smith has committed to Vanderbilt.

Their defensive tackle, Nick Gentry, has committed to Alabama.

They have some juniors that will likely be D1A prospects next year, and had some seniors who only their height stopped them from being bigger D1A prospects.

Watching the game, I believe Prattville was the better team and had equally the same amount of athletes and standout players.

And it shouldn't have been as close as it was.

no prattville stayed number 2. that is what motivated them to beat hoover there Sr. class has only lost 3 games and it would always be a close lose to hoover or opelika in the playoffs. so them being number 2 with a 14-0 record keep them hungry. Well I LOVE MARYVILLE AND THINK THEY ARE THE BEST TEAM IN THE STATE BUT I PROMISE I HAVE SEEN MARYVILLE PLAY PLENTY OF TIMES BUT THERE ARE2-3 TEAMS IN ALABAMA THAT CAN BEAT THEM IN MY OPINION EASILY... hoover, prattville, opelika...those three are pretty equal teams... i

Didn't one of their three losses for the Prattville's senior class come from Daphne in 2005?

Edited by bellgo

Prattville finished 15-0. Their quarterback, Larry Smith is a career 36-2 as the Lions starter. Larry Smith has committed to Vanderbilt.

Their defensive tackle, Nick Gentry, has committed to Alabama.

They have some juniors that will likely be D1A prospects next year, and had some seniors who only their height stopped them from being bigger D1A prospects.

Watching the game, I believe Prattville was the better team and had equally the same amount of athletes and standout players.

And it shouldn't have been as close as it was.

i didn't think it was close

Prattville looked scary good, But Hoover is way overrated. Look at that team who won like 100+ straight games over there in the west somewhere( I believe they were in California). What happened to them? They played a GOOD team out of state and got beat. My point? You can't compare one teams success to another teams success who are in a different state. Any one of TN state champs might've been able to even kill Hoover or any other states' champs or vice versa, but nobody would ever know because they don't play each other. You can compare your success and your state's power in football when you play another states top opponet. So the question to could Maryville beat Hoover is this. Nobody knows...... yet.

Look at that team who won like 100+ straight games over there in the west somewhere (I believe they were in California). What happened to them? They played a GOOD team out of state and got beat.

De La Salle (CA) - 151 games.

Sure, they got beat, but they also played plenty of good out-of-state competiton (not to mention good CA teams like Mater Dei) during the streak (including usual national names like Honolulu St. Louis and Evangel Christian) and beat them.

I agree with your points, but if any team's national rankings are to be disputed, DLS wouldn't be on that list, given the far-reaching schedule it played (and continues to play).

Edited by rollredroll