1A 2007 PRESEASON TOP FIVE

reddevilmascot

huh... here i thought i had a group of fans figured out and one of the goes and suprises me.

To hampton as a whole i have to say that i thought they did play very hard and of course had to play very hard to get where they were. There are numerous threads on this site about hampton training hard and it is a very admirable thing. Best of luck in getting back to the semi-finals for the THIRD year in a row (that is really awsome by the way). I hope the FCS will get the chance to travel up to your place in the semi's. Best of luck.

And I hope Hampton fans didn't think I was saying they were no good, that was far from the truth. I just though FCS had a better team, top to bottom, and it showed. I don't think we have seen the last of Hampton or FCS

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FCS will be fair, but the one to look for next year in 1-A is Gordonsville Tigers. They will be loaded and they are due. FCS is not deep enough, not much two way talent there ;)

I have been preaching that the Ville is the team to beat in 07 but having enough talent to play both ways is a GOOD thing. From what I saw FCS will be in the mix next year too. I know the coaches at SP wished they could sit more than just a couple of players to keep their legs fresh.

And I hope Hampton fans didn't think I was saying they were no good, that was far from the truth. I just though FCS had a better team, top to bottom, and it showed. I don't think we have seen the last of Hampton or FCS

Thanks for the compliments. Our fans and team appreciate it. You guys (region 3and 4) are the guys to beat. I think everyone knows that. You have consistently shown it year after year. Our region is going through a metamorphisis right now. I hope we all can compete with you guys and this year, maybe our regions will bring the gold home. Once again, good luck to all of you, and hopefully we will see you after Thanksgiving.....

I would much rather have 22 one way talent than to only have 11 two-way talent. Comming off the field for a little air does have it's advantages come the fourth quarter with about 17.6 seconds left.....(was that too soon?? i think mabey that was a little too soon).

Even a blind dog finds a bone, every once in awhile, lol

You mean you're not ready to just go ahead and give them the gold ball right now????

Well, i learned the hard way the problem with going ahead and giving a team a gold ball 6 months ahead of time. And to answer your question, i'm not even ready to give them the region championship let alone the state..... If i recall this way the same way that Gordonsville felt about a small green and gold private school last year.... ;)

It is reasons like this that i love competition in region 4-1A.....

Edited by FCSprideatUT

Well, i learned the hard way the problem with going ahead and giving a team a gold ball 6 months ahead of time. And to answer your question, i'm not even ready to give them the region championship let alone the state..... If i recall this way the same way that Gordonsville felt about a small green and gold private school last year.... ;)

It is reasons like this that I love competition in region 4-1A.....

:) I was being sarcastic :blink:

So what is your preseason top 5???

;) I was being sarcastic :)

So what is your preseason top 5???

Well, my pre-season top five?? how about i give you about

I don't think that i can put them in order just yet to be honest.

Friendship Christian School - They loose alot of experienced recievers on offense, but with only loosing one offensive lineman and returning the entire running backfield i don't see why loose recievers will hurt them. The biggest losses were on the defensive side of the ball but even then they just lost one linebacker, both ends, and i believe two or three of a secondary the rotated alot. Will at the very least return to the second round of the playoffs;

Mt. Pleasant - With Mr. football Marco Dailey returning for what could be another record setting season they should be an obvious pre-season pick. Graduation did not take a very heavy toll on either side of the ball and most importantly Graduation for Marco is until next year. I pick to return to the third round of the playoffs and with a better defensive effort than last year could make more noise.

Hampton - If Adam townsend had played all of last year then probobly not an automatic to my top 5, but because their back-ups got so much work done they are in my top few. I pick them to return to the semi-finals for the third year in a row.

Trousdale County - Graduated alot of big boys on both side of the ball, along with Coach Satterfields all state reciever son. On the good side they got alot of younger guys valuable playing time this past season. If they can find themself a breakout player or two then watch out. In my top few because of the man walking the sideline and the town behind them that is unrivaled in 1A football (yes south pitt is close). A good bet would be to pencil them in to an automatic second round

Jo Byrns - Lost heavy tolls i am told on both sides of the ball. But alot of younger guys did play so they are not without hope. Only two losses in the past two season and a combined two year record of 25-2 will keep this program sharp. Need to show me a little more in the playoffs because i am starting to question the overall competition of their region. Pencil them in for a second round easy, and a proboble showdown with Mt. Pleasant for the third year in a row.

Gordonsville - My oppinion is heavy losses. Lost their number one reciever by far in #9. He was close to the fastest one i saw on the field and had the best hands of the group, two offensive lineman that i know of (one of them all state), two defensive lineman, middle linebacker, their leading rusher in their power fullback. In my oppinion they also lost the heartbeat in #47. But it is not all down for them as they do return a majority on both sides of the ball and co-region MVP quarterback Justin Smith. If they can find a nice Compliment for him then it will be a very hard team to defend. Pencil them in for a second round game at least.

THE WEST. I will be honest guys, i hear alot about TCA but not enough to make any kind of an assumption about them. Other than that i will say there is at least one legitament top 5 team from the west, that i probobly don't know who it is.

Zone, i left South Pitt off for a reason and i feel like i should probobly adress it. I did not forget them. I bases my oppinion on the past two years of footballs performance, along with who is leaving, returning ect. South Pitt i would honestly lump in its own catagory. I believe you when you say that all the talent in the world is there but there is no leadership. But i hate to say that with a 1 point loss to FCS two years ago being their biggest win in two years, i don't think they deserve to be in the top 5. There is alot of hype going on about South Pitt and i hope for my own sake that i am wrong because i do wish them the best of luck.

BUT, i stand by what was said in another thread. South Pitt WILL have a few very special performances this comming year with Tyner and Boyd on the schedule, and then of course the FCS, Gordonsville, TC gauntlet. The defining moments will be if their special moments are moments of great talent and a win. or great disapoinment and a loss.

Find a group of senior leaders among those young men and prove me wrong.

Zone, i left South Pitt off for a reason and i feel like i should probobly adress it. I did not forget them. I bases my oppinion on the past two years of footballs performance, along with who is leaving, returning ect. South Pitt i would honestly lump in its own catagory. I believe you when you say that all the talent in the world is there but there is no leadership. But i hate to say that with a 1 point loss to FCS two years ago being their biggest win in two years, i don't think they deserve to be in the top 5. There is alot of hype going on about South Pitt and i hope for my own sake that i am wrong because i do wish them the best of luck.

BUT, i stand by what was said in another thread. South Pitt WILL have a few very special performances this comming year with Tyner and Boyd on the schedule, and then of course the FCS, Gordonsville, TC gauntlet. The defining moments will be if their special moments are moments of great talent and a win. or great disapoinment and a loss.

Find a group of senior leaders among those young men and prove me wrong.

I have no problem with SP being out of the top 5. Actually I wish everybody would leave SP out of their top 5. We will be good but haven't shown that we deserve to be rated at the top just yet.