1A 2007 PRESEASON TOP FIVE

reddevilmascot

Guys there will be a team from region 7 or 8 in the boro again this year so please don't forget the west. Look at the past 2 BC/BS bowls Union City(Region 7) and JCS(Region 8). THe regions 5 and 6, IMO, can't beat the best teams out of the west. The west has too much talent. Union City went to Jo Byrns and beat them in 2005 and this year JCS man handled Mt. Pleasant and Daily in the Semis. Of course I am biased but I saw the semis and Finals and the real state championship game for 2006 was played between Lake co. and JCS in the Quarterfinals. B/C I feel those two were playing the best football at the end of the year. I know FCS could have had a bad night and not played well, but they were no very impressive in the boro. They could not run at all on JCS. Anyway my point is do not leave out the teams from the west. I see TCA, who lost to JCS by 2 points and Lake Co. by 6 on a late TD pass, as a team to watch. They return alot of starters. Union City will be improved, Bruceton has a bunch coming back and Lake Co. still has talent. The team that may surprise some from the west is Fayette Academy. I know they lost alot but they are disciplined and have hard nosed tuff kids. So I expect a region 7 or 8 team in the boro for the third straight year.

Edited by wardawg2038

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys there will be a team from region 7 or 8 in the boro again this year so please don't forget the west. Look at the past 2 BC/BS bowls Union City(Region 7) and JCS(Region 8). THe regions 5 and 6, IMO, can't beat the best teams out of the west. The west has too much talent. Union City went to Jo Byrns and beat them in 2005 and this year JCS man handled Mt. Pleasant and Daily in the Semis. Of course I am biased but I saw the semis and Finals and the real state championship game for 2006 was played between Lake co. and JCS in the Quarterfinals. B/C I feel those two were playing the best football at the end of the year. I know FCS could have had a bad night and not played well, but they were no very impressive in the boro. They could not run at all on JCS. Anyway my point is do not leave out the teams from the west. I see TCA, who lost to JCS by 2 points and Lake Co. by 6 on a late TD pass, as a team to watch. They return alot of starters. Union City will be improved, Bruceton has a bunch coming back and Lake Co. still has talent. The team that may surprise some from the west is Fayette Academy. I know they lost alot but they are disciplined and have hard nosed tuff kids. So I expect a region 7 or 8 team in the boro for the third straight year.

If you will look at mine i admitted that i know nothing about the west at all but i did leave an open blank because i fully expect a team from the west to be a state contender. I just know absolutely nothing about them.

That being said could you give me some insight into Lake county,TCA, and Union? what do they run and who did they loose????

I can agree with you that FCS could not run at all on JCS. But i will have to disagree when you say that the game played in the burror was not the state championship. If you need an indication, FCS threw six interceptions and only lost by six points....Regardless, that was last season which i am a littler protective of. If you would kindly fill me in a little on those three teams and any other threats you see from the west it would be very apreciated. ;)

FCS, first, you will see I also said that FCS may have had a bad game. I don't know if the QB was off or if when forced to pass because of no running game they played into JCS hands. Anyway TCA has the most returning from the west. Big line and some quality skill guys in running back #7, can't remember his name and QB. I see those guys as the early favorite. Bruceton returns almost everybody from last years playoff team. Problem is they are one demensional. They run The tailback Jordan 30 to 40 times a game. They also lost to TCA twice last year, 28-6 and 26-8 I think. Union City was young last year but talent level is down. Lake Co., lost all skill players but return most of their o-line and Lbs on Defense. Have some decent young skill players and will still be solid. Fayette is the mystery, they lose alot but they seem to always be strong and in the mix. Another team is McKenzie. They lost all their WR's as well as alot in the oline and Dline. QB Carr is good but who will he throw it to? So based on last year and returners I'd rank the pre-season west teams as follows

1. TCA

2. Bruceton

3. Lake Co.

4. Union City

5. Fayette Academy

6. McKenzie

IMO your other boro team will be out of that list.

FCS, first, you will see I also said that FCS may have had a bad game. I don't know if the QB was off or if when forced to pass because of no running game they played into JCS hands. Anyway TCA has the most returning from the west. Big line and some quality skill guys in running back #7, can't remember his name and QB. I see those guys as the early favorite. Bruceton returns almost everybody from last years playoff team. Problem is they are one demensional. They run The tailback Jordan 30 to 40 times a game. They also lost to TCA twice last year, 28-6 and 26-8 I think. Union City was young last year but talent level is down. Lake Co., lost all skill players but return most of their o-line and Lbs on Defense. Have some decent young skill players and will still be solid. Fayette is the mystery, they lose alot but they seem to always be strong and in the mix. Another team is McKenzie. They lost all their WR's as well as alot in the oline and Dline. QB Carr is good but who will he throw it to? So based on last year and returners I'd rank the pre-season west teams as follows

1. TCA

2. Bruceton

3. Lake Co.

4. Union City

5. Fayette Academy

6. McKenzie

IMO your other boro team will be out of that list.

Well thank you very much for the little run down on the far west teams for the playoff braket. The only concern i have for your list is that i have heard that Lake county lost their head coach? That worries me alot about any team. Some coaches can come in and not miss a beat, but some coaches want to try and change the system. If he changes the system it will probobly be for the better in the long run, but rarely does a system change overnight. Other than that i might have to get myself out for a game between two of these teams at some point in the year...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Two words..................SELECTIVE ENROLLMENT.............private schools dont actually recruit, they just decide who gets in and who doesnt. If your son stinks at football then he goes to the back of the line. How sad. :lol: Thats just another "Life Lesson" that should be exploited on TLC.

IF YOU SAY THIS JUNK ENOUGH, PEOPLE WILL ACTUALLY BELIEVE IT. YOU AIN'T GOT A CLUE

everyone please give legit top 5

these picks not in this particular order

GORDONSVILLE ( returning qb very good player with some skill guys)

MT.PLESANT ( Dailey & co. if he stays injury free )

JO BYRNS ( winning system in place) several tallented players return

TROUSDALE CO. ( they will rebound from dissapointing year)

SO. PITT. ( another dissapointing year here also, should return)

1. Mt. Pleasant (one word: Dailey)

2. Trousdale Co. (rich tradition)

3. Cascade ( Heavy senior class, one of the best backfields in the state)

4. Gordonsville ( Very impressive returning QB)

5. Friendship Christian (Lot of talent returning from last year State team)

• 1 month later...