1A 2007 PRESEASON TOP FIVE

reddevilmascot

After alot of review ....

10. Trousdale County - Clint Satterfield, plain and simple

9. Jo Byrns- They may have lost alot of their Defense but they return their all state QB, don't look for them to beat everyone fifty to nothing but i think they will be able to outscore people.

8. Cascade- only reason they are not higher was because of the flaming wreck that became of their season after a 9-0 start last season.

7. Hampton- Have been to the semi's twice in a row, i look for them to be hosting it this comming year and get no further.

6. Mt. Pleasant- Marco dailey will be playing in at least the third round again. Give him some defense to protect a lead and he might be playing in the semi's.

5. Bruceton- had about average losses but i heard only lost two lineman and return a very good tailback, they won't lose until they hit a team that can stop him.

4. South Pitt- Expectation time, they had a good scrimmage against Trousdale and if they can survive region 4 in the playoffs they will be in the burro.

3. TCA- have heard nothing about them but i hadn't heard of jackson christian until the state championship last year, they lost very few and should be good.

2. Gordonsville- No one has yet to explain who they have comming back that performed last season besides Justin Smith, but no matter what impact the returning players had last year they return well over half.

1. FCS- return the entire rushing backfield along with 4 of 5 lineman. Have experience at all the offensive positions needed, and only a few holes to fill on Defense.

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9. Jo Byrns- They may have lost alot of their Defense but they return their all state QB, don't look for them to beat everyone fifty to nothing but i think they will be able to outscore people.

8. Cascade- only reason they are not higher was because of the flaming wreck that became of their season after a 9-0 start last season.

7. Hampton- Have been to the semi's twice in a row, i look for them to be hosting it this comming year and get no further.

6. Mt. Pleasant- Marco dailey will be playing in at least the third round again. Give him some defense to protect a lead and he might be playing in the semi's.

5. Bruceton- had about average losses but i heard only lost two lineman and return a very good tailback, they won't lose until they hit a team that can stop him.

4. South Pitt- Expectation time, they had a good scrimmage against Trousdale and if they can survive region 4 in the playoffs they will be in the burro.

3. TCA- have heard nothing about them but i hadn't heard of jackson christian until the state championship last year, they lost very few and should be good.

2. Gordonsville- No one has yet to explain who they have comming back that performed last season besides Justin Smith, but no matter what impact the returning players had last year they return well over half.

1. FCS- return the entire rushing backfield along with 4 of 5 lineman. Have experience at all the offensive positions needed, and only a few holes to fill on Defense.

That very well could be the 10 best teams,the order is a little harder. TCA or Bruceton could be the top 2. I didn't expect JCS to defeat FCS last season, so the west may be stronger that I give them credit for.

That very well could be the 10 best teams,the order is a little harder. TCA or Bruceton could be the top 2. I didn't expect JCS to defeat FCS last season, so the west may be stronger that I give them credit for.

I agree with you that the West is alot stronger than most give them credit. I don't think it is a lack of respect, i think it is just a lack of knowledge about them. I had to ask to get info about TCA and Bruceton because all i knew was that i expected the west to be in the burro but had no clue who. They just get less press than the middle TN teams and the Chat town teams.

I am pretty sure that if you don`t have jo byrns in the top five you are crazy, have you not seen what they have done over the past 2 years

What has Jo Byrns done in the past two years? Gone undefeated in a region that they are the only team that goes past the first round of the playoffs. Had a string of shut-outs and give up very little points, until the playoffs when their defense got lost apparently. Lost at home to a team that got Throttled by the eventual state champions, lost to a team than then got beat by the state champions... and as of this year they graduated their top tackler and i am told a majority of their defense.

I am not saying they should not be proud of thier accomplishments, nor am i saying that the school does not have a bright future. But i am begining to think that Jo Byrns is a combination of a weak region and alot of publicity. I will take a team from West tennessee that i have never heard of over them any day.

I know your just a fan and not a real expert in high school football, but I was wondering why you put 4 teams in front of MP which lost only two major contributing seniors from heavy filled sophmore roster. Not to mention the best athlete in 1A and last years Mr. Football winner. I'm not saying they should be one, but they are a defenitly in top five possibly top three. I say your not an expert because you put TCA in third and you havent even heard of them. All you know is that they are a private and you know how privates get so good so fast LOL. That was a joke.

I know your just a fan and not a real expert in high school football, but I was wondering why you put 4 teams in front of MP which lost only two major contributing seniors from heavy filled sophmore roster. Not to mention the best athlete in 1A and last years Mr. Football winner. I'm not saying they should be one, but they are a defenitly in top five possibly top three. I say your not an expert because you put TCA in third and you havent even heard of them. All you know is that they are a private and you know how privates get so good so fast LOL. That was a joke.

I don't think you have any real experts, I like his list and I wouldn't put Mt Pleasant as high as he did. I think 8th would be about right.

Those are some big holes to fill on defense. I think FCS may possibly be a top 5 team, just not #1.