1A 2007 PRESEASON TOP FIVE

reddevilmascot

• Replies 291
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be fair to say that if you couldn't beat this mTp last year with the talent JB had, then it's really going to be tough this year. mTp is bringing the same team back and more than likely even better than last year. JB's and mTp match-ups are barnburners when the two meet, that's for sure. So you are right when you say who knows. But mTp should have the edge.

You're right; mTp should have the edge based on last year’s results and players graduating. JBHS lost some great players but I feel like they’ll be just fine. In years past I would have basically written them off for this upcoming year but things have changed. JBHS now has a great football program. Their program consists of a Jr. Pro league, a Jr. High team, strength and conditioning training, a great coaching staff, and most importantly—community support. When I came to JBHS we had none of this. Like most teams, JBHS has had some very talented players over the years but not much success. The only difference between the last two years and years past is the addition of role players. These are the guys that don’t have all the talent in the world but you can tell that they have been coached well and have decent strength and conditioning. Role players come from having a great program. In football, anybody can have a successful year or two with great talent but to have success over an extended period of time requires a program. JBHS has had 2 years of success so the jury is still out on them but from what I’ve seen they’re already there.

Based on all of that, I have reason to believe that this years team could be even better that last years team. There are 7 or 8 returning starters and about 15 juniors that will need to fill in the gaps from last years losses. If those juniors step up then all that I’ve said will be true. All that said, that’s why they play the games. Look at UT; can’t win a National Championship with Peyton Manning at the helm but with Tee Martin they can…go figure.

I think it would be fair to say that if you couldn't beat this mTp last year with the talent JB had, then it's really going to be tough this year. mTp is bringing the same team back and more than likely even better than last year. JB's and mTp match-ups are barnburners when the two meet, that's for sure. So you are right when you say who knows. But mTp should have the edge.

hey BIGBY dont know if I met you last year after the game but youre right, 2 games and 3 pts has seperated the winner, the ole DEVIL has a feeling that we will meet again in the playoffs, I think that both communities have gained mutual respect for each other, and so we keep each other under a silent radar until that final battle for one of these teams to continue on,I hope both teams continue to have sucess and have one common goal of meeting once again to make memories for life. the DEVIL has got his eye on the TIGERS and good luck. But in the end I cant help it GO RED DEVILS !

In addition to their QB, Jo Byrns has an exceptional secondary and receiving core. They also have a very fast and talented RB to replace Colton Morris from last year. The rest of the positions are filled with talented but unproven players that will step up. Not knowing how the new players will respond, I would still predict another third round match up with Mt. Pleasant. And in that match up, some would argue that the better team always loses so who knows maybe another semi-final game for Jo Byrns.

Hey moto good to see ya back on coacht,where is everyone ? Anyway to get it started and not taking anything from the past players, and we have had some gooduns, I really think this years team pocess'es ( I think thats right ) the raw potential to be just as good or even better, and yes that is a bold statement considering what the DEVILS have achieved the last couple years. The 07 team will have more speed on both lines, speed in the backfield,outstanding recievers, and an allstate QB to run the show, really the only ? now is a couple LB spots and how they are going to respond to respnsibilities they do have alot of aggresion and ability so with a litte time thing will be just fine with ths DEVILS

Wishful thinking.

What exactly am I wishing for?

I don't think Gordonsville is the number 1 team in the state, but FCS definitely isn't either. But to say Watertown will beat them? When it has been how long? Every year we hear the same. Watertown has a GOOD team and they could win the region. Yet they still are lucky to make the number 4 region spot.

What exactly am I wishing for?

I don't think Gordonsville is the number 1 team in the state, but FCS definitely isn't either. But to say Watertown will beat them? When it has been how long? Every year we hear the same. Watertown has a GOOD team and they could win the region. Yet they still are lucky to make the number 4 region spot.

Watertown's coach is really good at getting the guys to believe they can beat anyone.

That being said, they are playing for fourth just like everyone else outside of the three headed monster at the top of 4-1A.

Watertown's coach is really good at getting the guys to believe they can beat anyone.

That being said, they are playing for fourth just like everyone else outside of the three headed monster at the top of 4-1A.

My point exactly, they will play Monterey for fourth. Gville, TC, FC will play for 1-3, the order is yet to be determined.

Hey moto good to see ya back on coacht,where is everyone ? Anyway to get it started and not taking anything from the past players, and we have had some gooduns, I really think this years team pocess'es ( I think thats right ) the raw potential to be just as good or even better, and yes that is a bold statement considering what the DEVILS have achieved the last couple years. The 07 team will have more speed on both lines, speed in the backfield,outstanding recievers, and an allstate QB to run the show, really the only ? now is a couple LB spots and how they are going to respond to respnsibilities they do have alot of aggresion and ability so with a litte time thing will be just fine with ths DEVILS

I think everyone thinks they're still locked out until the season starts. I agree with you about this year’s team. I saw some really good things out of some of those guys last year during the mop up stages of the game. Hopefully they can step up like Shane did last year and produce immediately.

I think everyone thinks they're still locked out until the season starts. I agree with you about this year’s team. I saw some really good things out of some of those guys last year during the mop up stages of the game. Hopefully they can step up like Shane did last year and produce immediately.

Jo Byrns has had a great team for the past two seasons and that should definently continue. Hopefully Cascade will meet up with you guys again in the regular season undefeated. Also hope to see Cascade live up to their potential and have a rematch against you guys in the third round. Not taking anything at all away from MTP because they are a great team, just rooting for our region.

Go Champs

Red Devil how do the lines look? I am concerned about losing so much size up front on both sides of the ball. Has anyone developed enough size over the off season to fill up these rather large holes.