Mt. Pleasant vs Lewis Co.

selectedgrain

Well, we are in January. The hype has already started, I feel like this will be a classic. That being said, there is alot of things that could happen from now to August. Also, we do come and watch you play, we feel like there is some sort of respect for each other's programs. I can remember a time when MP used to come watch us play in the playoffs .....not too long ago. All I was saying in my previous post was ... don't get caught watching the paint dry when we come to town. Swaggar is a very good thing, and both teams have plenty. Don't underestimate or put down a team you have yet to see or hear. I never said anything to down MP.

Now 87- Well, the way you are talking to a 2A powerhouse, you act like you have won the title 3 years in a row......Man I forgot, we watched you choke those last 3 years. Keep the trash to the dumptrucks, we will leave the playing to the teams. Also I know there will be negative feedback from this so I will go ahead and apologize. Sorry

Dude its all in fun, calm down. Atleast MP was in a position to choke, and trust me I never watched Lewis Co in the playoffs.

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Well Well, I find topics such as these quite amusing. I myself see nothing wrong with trash talk, as long as it doesn't get carried away. Trash talk makes for a much better game. I won't make a prediction on this game because I simply don't know enough about either team. The Daily kid is a very talented kid and could be a good college player (not at quarterback of course). Other then him I am not aware that there is too much more talent on the team. The Panthers, from what I hear, have quite a few weapons coming back and other then the full back, didn't lose anyone. So if I was Mt. Pleasant, I would ease up on the trash talk. I won't make a prediction but I would like to see LC win big.

Till Next Time.... Doc

This is not a joke what i am going too say but herd from a little bird that chuck dodson and eric wright was going to transfer back too mp? If this is so mp goes too the state if this is not true it's going to be a heck of a battle when mp and lewis county plays . Because the dodson kid IS NOT A JOKE!! HE IS AS GOOD AS AN PLAYER AS MARCO I AM NOT SAYING A BACK BUT BUT LORD HELP WHO TRIES TO TACKLE HIM OR WHO HE IS TACKLING AND I AM MP FAN ALL THE WAY!! and this is just the truth

This is not a joke what i am going too say but herd from a little bird that chuck dodson and eric wright was going to transfer back too mp? If this is so mp goes too the state if this is not true it's going to be a heck of a battle when mp and lewis county plays . Because the dodson kid IS NOT A JOKE!! HE IS AS GOOD AS AN PLAYER AS MARCO I AM NOT SAYING A BACK BUT BUT LORD HELP WHO TRIES TO TACKLE HIM OR WHO HE IS TACKLING AND I AM MP FAN ALL THE WAY!! and this is just the truth

Are you serious?

I am has serious as the sun shines Both has stated they wanted too go back home too play and if i know their parents they will leave that choice too them you know about chuck but the wrigth kid can catch and run like a deer. I know for a fact he is faster than bubba clifton saw the race before.

I am has serious as the sun shines Both has stated they wanted too go back home too play and if i know their parents they will leave that choice too them you know about chuck but the wrigth kid can catch and run like a deer. I know for a fact he is faster than bubba clifton saw the race before.

That's awesome. I hope their decision will be a YES. I agree that a player like Chuckie D. on defense helping slam the door on opponents run game and helping

the backfield as a fullback. Also the Wright kid giving a good receiver for Marco to throw too. BOTH would DEFINITELY help mTp's chances on a title shot in '07. :lol:

Please keep me posted on this. This is great info. :lol:

Edited by Big Bigby

I seroiusly doubt that either one of them leave.....I know both of them and they have said nothing of this to me or to anyone else in Lewis County. You are right, you could have a chance for state with them on your team, but so do we. They are stellar athletes I hope this rumor is completely false.

Well Well Well, I find topics such as these quite amusing. I myself see nothing wrong with trash talk, as long as it doesn't get carried away. Trash talk makes for a much better game. So if I was Mt. Pleasant, I would ease up on the trash talk. I won't make a prediction but I would like to see LC win big.

Till Next Time.... Doc

Ok the Doc told me not trash talk anymore so I'm going to stop. NOT! Come on people this is fun, this why the main man Coach T made this board. Have some fun dude. And by the way, dont say I'm not going to make a prediction and then in the next sentence state who you want to win. Be a man, stick by your team through thick and thin. Go out on that limb and take a chance. LOL.

Edited by MPHSTIGERS87

It really amazes me how much emphasis is put on Lewis County's middle school teams from the past few years. I've been to several games the past couple seasons and it's a joke. These kids are good but it's like their schedule was made by Bobby Sharp. (FANTASTIC coach that I have all the respect in the world for but known there for a while as the "King of Cupcake Schedules") With Lewis County's reputation it's difficult to find good close competition but still.....9-1 or 10-0 wasn't even impressive for Lewis County a few years back. Granted, that team is working a lot harder for their victories than in the past. You can't look too much into middle school talent though when they don't play ANYONE. The teams they play are awful. The young QB will be a stud though, don't get me wrong. He's really gonna be something and a lethal combination with Crowell in coming years.

Easy 87, your right there is nothing wrong with a little trash talk. Little being the key word in that sentence. It does make for a better game. The trash talk would make a lot more sense if the game was to be played next week. But its not. Its still quite a while away. And as far as standing behind my team...I am standing behind my team. I said I will be pulling for them. But its pointless to say they ARE going to win when I have doubt in my mind. As conservative as the Lewis County coach is...you never know..And I'll go ahead and end the speculation that Chuck and Eric Wright are going back to Mt. Pleasant. I have spoke with both of them about it and its not true.

Till Next Time... Doc

• 2 months later...
I am just shocked to see how cocky Mt. Pleasant fans are. If you haven't realized yet that 1A football is not on the same level as 2A or any other level of football in the state. Let's take last year for an example, the mighty Tigers of Mt. Pleasant lost to Ezell-Harding 20-17. Ezell Harding lost to Fairview 27-0. Lewis Co. beat Fairview 8-7 in the playoffs. Looks to me like you can mark two losses down for Mt. Pleasant next year.

u can tell us wat level 1a is when ur cryin bout tha 200+yds daily hangs on yall at tha jungle

You 1A boys don't understand that 2A football and above is far superior to that of 1A. Yes, there are cases were some teams can be competitive with the upper classes. You saw what happened to Mt. Pleasant at the end of last season against JCS, a team who will struggle in their transition to 2A.

You 2A boys need to remember when There were only 3 classes and us 1A schools used to walk all over you. Example.....

Collinwood beat LC 4 years in a row 86-90. 2 of those were our Homecomings. 48-6 and 36-21. We also beat Loretto all four of those years, and split with Spring Hill. :lol: