Mt. Pleasant vs Lewis Co.

selectedgrain

holy cow.. if that little dude is all yall boys got, we have been punked. we have sweated , worked and apparently over prepared.. some one posted one on one No body could handle marco, what a joke! that team is not state championship material . you folks better realize you need a whole team and not a selfish QB, trying to break his own records against small schools. by the way it was longest28 mile ride home because we talked about how well coached our ENTIRE team LOOKED,, #5 kane crowell scored, 17 ryan greve scored, 5 kane crowell scored. on defense 27 chuck d. layed the wood to several so did #4 jake tenison, then ryan greve smeared #12 m dailey along with the entire defensive line, kinda humorous how the game was delayed, hour after hour... dailey might of had 40-45 yds on 15-20 carrys. and went backwards way more than forwards... good luck against the teams of your own caliber, like mt. zion, perryco, CA. and ETC...

Thats all the yards he had on that many carries..Don't see how the Mt.Pleasant fans think they would have had a better chance to have won tonight instead of having to play again tomorrow..!

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on a more positive note LC showed some awesome defense they are known for and the team played together very well being able to suubstitute, and never miss a beat also only playing one half with a 13pt. lead is good too. the defense was solid front to back line and backers also the d'backs all tackled well and offense Kane was a great QB and showed some speed, so did ryan greve as he out ran dailey for 80yds. just hope they keep the same game plan for the next 24 min. tomorrow our lineman will be well rested for the 2nd. half sure am glad football time is back in lewis county...GO PANTHERS !!!!!

Thats all the yards he had on that many carries..Don't see how the Mt.Pleasant fans think they would have had a better chance to have won tonight instead of having to play again tomorrow..!

ME EITHER... they need to save it for another game... or a smaller team. surely if your were there you must agree. friend

I agree MP has a better shot if the game finished tonight. Rest will definately help LC linemen. I thought MP was doing a little better job blocking, maybe because they were getting tired. LC is as good as I thought they would be.

Sorry I missed your call last night, Young. I'll try and give you a call tonight and find out what's going on. Maybe the guys will come out and play harder tonight.

By the way, I met your better half last night. Looks like we both married up... :roflol:

Edited by cascade11

From all accounts LC has dominated this game so far but don't be surprised to see a different game tonight. This game reminds me of the Jo Byrns vs. East Robertson game from a few years ago...huge rivalry, 1A vs. 2A, 2A team is winning at half time (14-7), transformers blow and delay the game 24 hrs, Jo Byrns comes back to win in overtime 29-28. I'm not saying the same thing is going to happen, I'm just saying there's a chance and that it has been done before. Let's go MP dig deep and give em all you got.

I really just can't see Mt. P being able to come out and win this game. LC pretty much dominated the game last night from my point of view. LC was a well coached team that was out there to lay some wood. IF Mt. P wants a shot at being able to pull out the come back they are going to have to come out fast and hard. It is all going to be who rested up the most and what coach can get there players up the most to come back out tonight. I see LC picking up right where they left off. Good luck to both teams!

Thanks Moto. :roflol: This game has been lost so far in the trenches. I didn't think losing just 3 guys on our O-line from last year would make that big of a difference, but these boys need to pick up thier blocks. Some have said that our boys didn't match up well as far as size but that just wrong. Same size, just no GOOD blocking on our behalf in the first half. The line started getting it together towards the end of the second but the line backers for LC had a field day with them in the 1st half. If we come out today prepared to hit them and maintain our blocks and not roll off of them, then look for a turn in this game. If not, more of the same.

Defense is looking pretty good despite what the score says. D-line held up pretty good other than the three plays they just flat out missed the boys of LC running with the ball. LC does a decent job of the wingt hiding who's got it, sometimes but not all the time. Defense made several good stops last nite and we don't need any more blind sited TD's from LC and well be ok. To all the respectable LC fans please don't be offended by this for this mainly goes out to the big mouths your way, but I'm just not too impressed with LC other than #27 Dodson. mTp is not playing good ball as of the moment, and if LC fans think your going to win it all in your class think again, LC has only got us down by 13 points its not over yet. Collinwood would probably be beating you right now, I'd venture to say WC would give you a fit and if this was the mTp of '04 it would be about 50 something to 0.

mTp fans don't be too hard on me for this analogy, but if our boys don't start blocking on offense better, this is going to be a hard fought season. I'm not the only one last night screaming at our boys to block. I don't mean it to down our guys. Every one has called us "Mount Dailey" and "Marco Pleasant" but we have seen as of last night that even the best back in 1A can't run the ball without a good blocking O-line in front of him, so there goes the "one man show theory".

To the respectable LC fans, thanks for the oppurtunity for this game, its a good wake up call to our line.

Edited by Big Bigby