NFL Rookie of Year

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well Treefitty didn't get to see Vince play much, but he did get to see one heck of a game. Titans are 7-7 thanks to that defense and Pacman Jones. :lol:

The game was awesome!!! The atmosphere there is excellent.....I may have had my back against the top of the stadium, but I had my binoculars and saw everything perfect.....Pacman brought it today, along with the whole defense......WOW I LOVED IT!!!!!!!!

GO TITANS!!!!!!

I would go with Hester. Amazing kick/punt returner. The Bears need to get him involved in the offense somewhere.

They did...he lined up as a receiver in the first quarter this week and had a slant pass thrown his way which was incomplete. But I think it messed with his mind because he fumbled 3 out of 5 returns. He didn't help himself in the voting this week, but what he has done has been amazing...head and shoulders above the rest. Even though I think if Hester has another good week he should get it and some have said even get the league MVP, I believe VY will get it just because of the potential he has to carry the Titans on his back straight to a Super Bowl in the not too distant future. I worked the Titans game Sunday and that place was rockin. I bet there were 30,000 #10 jerseys in that place...Vince is already approaching minor deity status, won't be long till he's up for full-fledged sainthood.

• 2 weeks later...
Vince runs away with the ROY award.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2718595

I've not been a particular fan of Vince Young or the Titans, but I am genuinely happy that he won (and deserved the Offensive ROY award. Young is an incredible talent and he certainly made believers of a number of us who had some doubts--just about everyone except Myril Hoge, in fact. His personal war against Young is laughable and his stupidity and arrogance are plain to see. Some will remember the night when Houston decided to take Mario Williams instead of Bush. Hoge acted as if someone had insulted his family's honor. He was appalled that a pro team would listen to its own scouts instead of the ESPN "experts." Having a microphone in front of you does not make a man an expert. As a former coach and a student of football for over 50 years, I feel that the ESPN "experts" are guilty of proving the 19th century humorist Ambrose Bierce's definition of "to be positive":

'"to be positive"--- to be mistaken at the top of your voice.

Edited by Augielio