Dekalb upsets LA

Stark1

Great win for the tigers, it was a great game to sit and watch also. Tigers had a great game plan and they executed it very well. Watching Melton get his T's the first one was acceptable, but the second one was a joke. Sometimes officals are so caught up in the sidelines and people in the stands they forget the sole purpose that they are there and that is to ref the game. Good win for Coach Martin and good luck friday at Sparta.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every now and then. Though I said you would lose, I was hoping you would win, because it helps out everyone else in the district. The refs really helped you guys out though. Also the fact Melton got tossed, and LA kept jacking up 3's with a 4 point lead, late in the game. However, Congrats to DC.

Coach Melton really shot himself in the foot with the technical. It caused a complete turn around in his players. It seemed to motivate DC more than his players. And what is with not being able to just stall the ball when you have a lead in the final minutes. Shooting unneed 3s and throwing away the ball is the best way to give away a victory. No disrespect to the tigers who hung tough and made it happen. Congrats.

Great win for the tigers, it was a great game to sit and watch also. Tigers had a great game plan and they executed it very well. Watching Melton get his T's the first one was acceptable, but the second one was a joke. Sometimes officals are so caught up in the sidelines and people in the stands they forget the sole purpose that they are there and that is to ref the game. Good win for Coach Martin and good luck friday at Sparta.

What was the second T for? I heard he threw a towel out onto the court.

What was the second T for? I heard he threw a towel out onto the court.

You heard right. It was kind of a bogus call though, the towel was like a foot on the court. But he had to have known he was gonna get ejected for it, because their was one ref who seemed to not like the way Melton was talking to him the whole night, and he was the one who called the second T.

foul differential was crazy, yes, even though at the end they add up but i think the differential was 21 to 6 or 7, but oh well cant blame that, coach got threw for sayin something to the effect of did you not see that, especially when Dekalbs #23 fouled Las #22 in the post, knocked him down, and ref stood there thats when coach said that and tossed the towel, tssaa will be investigating im sure but who knows, but the season doesnt start till febuary or march does it???? Tourneys baby tourneys

Good win tigers! I was beginning to worry that this year was going to be a lot rougher than i anticipated. Yes i know that there is still a lot of ball to be played, but what better way to change the momentum? Yeah the calling got a little crazy at the end but a W is a W. I DO expect the wildcats to play with a lot more poise when they come to Smithville...could be a different outcome. And as for the end of the game, whats with all the crazy threes LA? You had us dominated in the post with Ramsey and he wasnt in foul trouble. I say when you have someone who scores, you give it to him until the D figures out how to stop him. This would have been a LA victory without the crazy threes, ejected coach or not.

You heard right. It was kind of a bogus call though, the towel was like a foot on the court. But he had to have known he was gonna get ejected for it, because their was one ref who seemed to not like the way Melton was talking to him the whole night, and he was the one who called the second T.

I think the ref was mad at LA's fans the whole gym was on their feet booing the ref for the 2 bad calls he had just made. So he took it out on the Coach . As for the towel deal I didn't see that, guess i didn't pay that any attention beacuse he is always hold and tossing towels. But I also understand that most ref don't like Coach Melton and they are just waiting to T him up, Which is sad because that hurts the kids, and the game is about the kids. not the coaches or the ref.

Edited by bfan

can you say overrated? yeah, wait till next time. you will be in the tiger den and you really will get beat livingston

I agree that Melton's second "T" may have cost them the game, but he really didn't do anything to deserve it.. He "tossed" his towel to his feet...Never yelled or pointed to the ref or anything of that sort.. He pointed at the floor I think... But oh well.. Its over and done with.. Dekalb made the best of the game and won. Thats all that matters.

I am sure this was a wake up call for the Cats... I say the Wildcats will win by 15+ next time around. You can quote me on that and then bring it up after the next game. Jan 26 @ Dekalb.

Edited by ForLoveOfTheGame