Best of Preps Tournament

gofish12

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think howard answered the question of who is the best team in chattanooga. i would like to see them play bradley cty and see what happens.

as far as why mcmasters plays away from the basket so often and why. i think there is outside pressure to let carter display his outside abilities due to that being a big upside of his potential. i have heard he plays the wing on his AAU team. coach mathias believes in man to man all the time, and i know it took bobby knight a long way, but with the quickness of the gurads and the size of mcmasters and shaugnassay it would weem an experiement somewhere along the way with a zone with these two guys on the blocks seems like it might be worth having available for a different wrinkle to throw out there every now and then. it also seems that carter has not developed the basic low post moves for some reason. grace is young and will make it out of the region unless 21st century can play the game of their life and upset them in the semi's of the district. i think 21st century would win the other district this season.

i think howard answered the question of who is the best team in chattanooga. i would like to see them play bradley cty and see what happens.

as far as why mcmasters plays away from the basket so often and why. i think there is outside pressure to let carter display his outside abilities due to that being a big upside of his potential. i have heard he plays the wing on his AAU team. coach mathias believes in man to man all the time, and i know it took bobby knight a long way, but with the quickness of the gurads and the size of mcmasters and shaugnassay it would weem an experiement somewhere along the way with a zone with these two guys on the blocks seems like it might be worth having available for a different wrinkle to throw out there every now and then. it also seems that carter has not developed the basic low post moves for some reason. grace is young and will make it out of the region unless 21st century can play the game of their life and upset them in the semi's of the district. i think 21st century would win the other district this season.

Saying Howard is the best team in the city is an understatement. They have size, quickness, disipline, and obviously depth (they dropped Temple by 20 with 2 starters and a significant sub not playing) but I know you are not referring to the "other district" that CSAS owns as the one that 21st Century would win if they were in it!? You usually make credible statements in your post but you're in danger of losing your credibility with statements like that. :lol:

i hope csas wins every game they play, but i have seen both and i think 21st centruty is more than smoke and mirrors at 9-2 if they stay healthy. they are not very deep, buthey have a 6 or 7 man rotation that is solid for single A ball.

Who have they played to give you that impression? Yea they played Grace tough (as indicated by the final score, I didn't see the game though) but other than that the teams they're playing are bottom feeders this year and the scores indicated the game were relatively close. By the way, who are the other 4 wins to?

I also saw where you put them in the top 10 in the city on another post?! What's up with that? Just because they have a little speed and a couple of athletes doesn't put them in the same class. :thumb:

Who have they played to give you that impression? Yea they played Grace tough (as indicated by the final score, I didn't see the game though) but other than that the teams they're playing are bottom feeders this year and the scores indicated the game were relatively close. By the way, who are the other 4 wins to?

I also saw where you put them in the top 10 in the city on another post?! What's up with that? Just because they have a little speed and a couple of athletes doesn't put them in the same class. :blink:

He dosen't have to justify anything to you. He stated his opinion, and if you don't like it, tough...

And just for the record, aside from Notre Dame and Boyd, CSAS hasn't beaten anyone but bottom feeders either. 21st's loss to Grace wasn't any bigger than your loss to them, and 21st played Temple about 20 points better than you did when they mopped your own floor with you... So I wouldn't be talking crap about 21st.