EXPLICIT lyrics played on sound system @ BTW/Hamilton game

TraderB

It's absolutely DISGRACEFUL, DISGUSTING and downright DEPLORABLE that any school official would even dare think about playing that type of derrogatory music at a school/public function, let alone have the AUDACITY to actually impose those sort of OFFENSIVE and DEGRADING lyrics upon unsuspecting families and paying fans!

Yes it was. I feel the same way as you about it. Its not the fact that its 2006, its the fact that some schools in Memphis don't have have good leadership. There are some good ones out there such as Galiee. But a lot of ADs and principals just are not concerned with what type of music is played during the sporting events. Some are not concerned about whats going on at the sporting events. Its a cycle thats plagues the Memphis school system.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hamilton's School Monitor was the DJ/Game Announcer of the BTW vs Hamilton basketball game, Tuesday night 12.19.06. He played UNCUT rap music at EVERY break, in the boys game (I didn't attend the girls game...)!

If someone gave me a dime for every EXPLICIT lyric played, I'd be very wealthy. If someone game me a nickel for every time the word NIGG__R was played, I'd be a millionaire! If someone game me a penny for all the PROFANE lyrics played, I'd be a multi-millionaire!

It's absolutely DISGRACEFUL, DISGUSTING and downright DEPLORABLE that any school official would even dare think about playing that type of derrogatory music at a school/public function, let alone have the AUDACITY to actually impose those sort of OFFENSIVE and DEGRADING lyrics upon unsuspecting families and paying fans!

I expressed my concerns to the School Monitor and the Assistant Principal, after the game. I will be forwarding those concerns to the Principal, School Board and the Superintendent.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm interested to know your thoughts on this issue.

That's what you hear when you listen to CRAP.....or uh......rap.

Yes it was. I feel the same way as you about it. Its not the fact that its 2006, its the fact that some schools in Memphis don't have have good leadership. There are some good ones out there such as Galiee. But a lot of ADs and principals just are not concerned with what type of music is played during the sporting events. Some are not concerned about whats going on at the sporting events. Its a cycle thats plagues the Memphis school system.

I absolutely agree........the administrator in charge of the game should be reprimanded, period. Somebody blew it here, either the principal or A.P....not to mention the coach. The coach should shoulder most of the blame.......doesn't he (or she) check what is to be played before hand?? No chance something like this happens outside of Shelby County.......

That's what you hear when you listen to CRAP.....or uh......rap.

I agree that most rap, simply because of the language, falls into your category there. But, I will say that Haywood County has some good clean rap music that the players enter to. I can't remember the guy that did it, but they have a rap song written for the Tomcats, that mentions several of the players on the team by name throughout the song. And it sounds really good.

Memphis= Thugs

Not true. There are a lot there, but just because a player is from Memphis doesn't mean that they are a thug. Look at kids such as Thad Young and Maurice Miller. Thad was a 4.0 student and Maurice Miller is a 4.0 student at a Memphis public school. Both will be playing at Georgia Tech next year also.

Edited by montague1

I agree that most rap, simply because of the language, falls into your category there. But, I will say that Haywood County has some good clean rap music that the players enter to. I can't remember the guy that did it, but they have a rap song written for the Tomcats, that mentions several of the players on the team by name throughout the song. And it sounds really good.

yes this just represents the destruction of the inner city schools and the inept administrators there. The great Elmer Ray would have pulled out all the wires to the sound system if this had happened when he was principal at Hillcrest.

yes this just represents the destruction of the inner city schools and the inept administrators there. The great Elmer Ray would have pulled out all the wires to the sound system if this had happened when he was principal at Hillcrest.

What is worse to me is to walk into all white schools in the country and hear them play that junk. It is almost laughable...and take my word as a high school ref I have been in many gyms in the sticks in 7AA and 7AAA. Makes me want to break out laughing.

What is worse to me is to walk into all white schools in the country and hear them play that junk. It is almost laughable...and take my word as a high school ref I have been in many gyms in the sticks in 7AA and 7AAA. Makes me want to break out laughing.

Just because a person is white they can't listen to a certain genre of music? Thats more laughable than anything.

Not true. There are a lot there, but just because a player is from Memphis doesn't mean that they are a thug. Look at kids such as Thad Young and Maurice Miller. Thad was a 4.0 student and Maurice Miller is a 4.0 student at a Memphis public school. Both will be playing at Georgia Tech next year also.

I was speaking in generalities. I am aware that there are a handful of guys that are respectable and work hard to get their GPA's up. I just think the school system as a whole in Memphis is a joke. We should all sign a petition to give Memphis to Arkansas. Let them deal with the problem for a while