George Quarles

TNT

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would they want to bring back the football program and wh would anyone want to coach it?

ETSU has been talking about getting football back the past few months, Their is suppose to be an announcement 12/22 on the status of Football at ETSU. Should start playing again 2009 or 2010.(I believe)

www.bucfootball.com

Edited by TNT

IMPO Coach Quarles will NOT, I repeat NOT be named the head football coach at ETSU. He does not even want to think about it. When we all talk about his family, his golf, his downtime from the season, he would be absolutely crazy to even consider going to coach at any college. He would be much better off coaching at Brentwood Academy or Science Hill than he would at ETSU.

Now, I didn't say he couldn't do it, I just said he would be crazy to do it.

Very few, repeat very few high school coaches are ready to coach at the NCAA D1 level. It is often a challange for a high school coach to become a OC or DC on the D1 level. Between the media attention, recruiting, alumni, etc... no high school coach is ready to make the big jump unless they have previous D1 coaching experience.

I'd be interested. I'm known for taking bad programs and turning them into winners. I'm 16 year vet. This year has been my best coaching job to date. I've taken Temple and turned them into a back-to-back National Champion in NCAA College Football 2007. I know coaching in real life will take some adjustments but I'd be up to the challange.

Edited by mobry

IMPO Coach Quarles will NOT, I repeat NOT be named the head football coach at ETSU. He does not even want to think about it. When we all talk about his family, his golf, his downtime from the season, he would be absolutely crazy to even consider going to coach at any college. He would be much better off coaching at Brentwood Academy or Science Hill than he would at ETSU.

Now, I didn't say he couldn't do it, I just said he would be crazy to do it.

My question would be, why? Obviously coach Quarles can coach and is above and beyond a proven winner in the high school ranks. I think it would be what his ambitions are and what challenges he would like to face.

How old of a guy is this Quarles?

Very few, repeat very few high school coaches are ready to coach at the NCAA D1 level. It is often a challange for a high school coach to become a OC or DC on the D1 level. Between the media attention, recruiting, alumni, etc... no high school coach is ready to make the big jump unless they have previous D1 coaching experience.

I don't think it will be Division I at ETSU since they are talking of building a 10,000 seat stadium.

TNT since you're from Bungalow, maybe ETSU can get some of those old Bungalow Saints coaches to apply. Any suggestions Gov-Man? :thumb:

I remember Coach Pedigo (sp?). We once got pulled over right in front of K-Mart on our way from Bungalow to Pole Climbers to scrimmage someone???. Coach had a Plymouth Duster if I recall correctly. In it, he was driving, he had two other in front seat with him; he had four boys in back seat; and then me and one other kid (can't recall who) were actually sitting in the trunk, holding the trunk lid open--in full pads.

Now, those actual Blount County schools Bungalow Jets' coaches were a different story. The legendary Professor,Holden Lail, started me on my path to basketball mediocrity, and then Jerry Bailey finished the job !!! :lol:

It will be I-AA just like it was before. The big question will be what conference.

ETSU President Paul Stanton announced the plans for the return of Buc Football in 2010 today...

http://www.etsubucs.com/release.asp?RELEASE_ID=9316

As you said, the conference will be a problem. I think the SoCon still has some sour grapes from before... do you think all Buc Sports will return to the SoCon, or just football? Or any, for that matter.

I hope it doesn't end up being a split-conference deal, where football plays in one conference, and all the other sports would play in the A-Sun. The ideal situation would be to return to the SoCon with all sports, in my opinion.