Science Hill Coach?

HighSchoolFanatic

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True that Maryville "MAY" be moving up to 5A. Regardless, it is without a doubt that Johnson City is a hotspot for talent. I remember when Science Hill was highlighted on basketball and football schedules as being a team that would give anybody a good beat down. The last couple of years has been shaky, but if Woods can get the same numbers out at SH as he did at West......it wont matter who is in 5A because the Hilltoppers will be very explosive. Im not posting to cause controversy, just my opinion on who I think the leading candidate for the job is. Im a JCHS alumni, and I would love to see my school as well as other East Tennessee schools do well. I feel very strong toward the coaching staff at JC and believe they have got the program going in the right direction.....it just doesnt happen overnight, so I wish that the Patriot fans would just be patient and show support. I also feel that if SH gets Woods it would be a step in the right direction as well. The only person that I could see being a better candidate for the job than Woods, Turner, or Rankin isnt coming back for a while because he is ranting and raving up and down the sidelines in South Carolina. But it would be exciting to see the "old ball coach" come home. Good Luck East Tennessee Football!!!! :blink:

Edited by TNrecruiter

Based on the candidates I have read about Woods, Smith, Jones, Rankin and others, I don’t think any of them would be a bad leader for the Hilltoppers. For sure there are several credible coaches in the running. Either way SHHS goes will help push this program where they need to be. I just hope whoever does come in it isn’t all about the money and the fringe benefits.

The difference in Science Hill and Alcoa is money. Science has made some unbelievable offers to coaches in the past. A former Knoxville coach was offered $60,000 to coach only 10 years ago. I do know that the Hill Toppers can easily double the pay that Rankin is currently making at Alcoa. Do I think he will leave ---NO. He did say he was wanting his sons to grow up in a smaller school setting. Alcoa is a dream job. He would constantly be pressured by the politics of Johnson City. Something that Rankin doesn't take litely. Rankin stays at Alcoa.

The difference in Science Hill and Alcoa is money. Science has made some unbelievable offers to coaches in the past. A former Knoxville coach was offered $60,000 to coach only 10 years ago. I do know that the Hill Toppers can easily double the pay that Rankin is currently making at Alcoa. Do I think he will leave ---NO. He did say he was wanting his sons to grow up in a smaller school setting. Alcoa is a dream job. He would constantly be pressured by the politics of Johnson City. Something that Rankin doesn't take litely. Rankin stays at Alcoa.

I respect your opinion but do you honestly think he wouldn't come if they "doubled his salary"? I don't know him, you may be correct. I would just find it hard to believe he could pass up an offer like that.

East and West has only 1100(close) each I think. The breakdown for 5A is around 1400 again I think. If these numbers are right east and west is not close to 5A. If anybody knows true numbers what are they.

The following info comes from the TSSAA site.TSSAA Classification 2005-2009://http://www.tssaa.org/Handbook/class...ation 2005-2009 This is SHHS's info: SHHS on TSSAA://http://www.tssaa.org/schdir/Schdir_...]]SHHS on TSSAA This is M West's info: MWHS on TSSAA://http://www.tssaa.org/schdir/Schdir_...]]MWHS on TSSAA This is M East's info: MEHS on TSSAA://http://www.tssaa.org/schdir/Schdir_...]]MEHS on TSSAA

The school sites show different numbers. The TSSAA numbers are not always current. For example...M West is reported to have 1359 enrollment. And SHHS is reported to have 2100. HTH. MEHS and MWHS are a breath away. At reclassification they will be moved up. Daniel Boone, Cherokee almong others are on the bleeding edge.

Edited by compusatman