Science Hill Coach?

HighSchoolFanatic

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to Channel 11 News, a new coach will be named next Tuesday.

It is apparently narrowed down to the current coaches from Alcoa, Independence, Morristown West and an assistant coach from the professional Canadian league.

Two of the final six I mentioned have made the final four. I knew about the guy from the Canadian League but I had not heard he was a finalist.

I hear that Rankin has until Saturday to decide.

Two of the final six I mentioned have made the final four. I knew about the guy from the Canadian League but I had not heard he was a finalist.

I hear that Rankin has until Saturday to decide.

Did Rankin actually drive up to look at the area? I would be very surprised if he accepted, but I have been wrong before. He would be taking a step backward IMHO, especially in the talent area. Alcoa is much more talented than SH and I cannot see him moving another 120 miles away from Carthage/Middle TN. It will take somone 2-3 years to get this thing turned around and I cannot see him wanting to "tackle" this type of a job, especially at 52. Plus he has said he wanted his kids in a smaller school district and SH is larger than Riverdale. Thanks for your input.

Did Rankin actually drive up to look at the area? I would be very surprised if he accepted, but I have been wrong before. He would be taking a step backward IMHO, especially in the talent area. Alcoa is much more talented than SH and I cannot see him moving another 120 miles away from Carthage/Middle TN. It will take somone 2-3 years to get this thing turned around and I cannot see him wanting to "tackle" this type of a job, especially at 52. Plus he has said he wanted his kids in a smaller school district and SH is larger than Riverdale. Thanks for your input.

I think Rankin said similar to that. Something about he wanted to raise his kids in a safe community. Well he did, and he got about 3 more bonuses with that, 3 state titles.

How do you know what the talent level is in Johnson City? There are plenty of athletic kids here. We have state titles in other sports to prove the talent is here, we just need a good leader for our football program for it to blossom also.

"especially at 52" ? .........He would be coaching, not playing!

You make it sound like this is a 0-10 team in Johnson City! Will it take some work to go to state? Sure it will! I don't think Science Hill is very far from a conference title or even 2 or 3 games deep into playoffs with the right leader.

And 52 is NOT old!

You make it sound like this is a 0-10 team in Johnson City! Will it take some work to go to state? Sure it will! I don't think Science Hill is very far from a conference title or even 2 or 3 games deep into playoffs with the right leader.

And 52 is NOT old!

I think Waco is all for SHHS getting the best man they can get. So is Volman and so am I. JC is a diamond in the rough. They are a successful program waiting for the right coach. I really hope they can get a high profile shaker if that is their goal. Because the sooner NET gets shaken up the sooner the rest of the sector will crank it up a notch. I do believe powerful motivated coaches begin as such...and just get bolder. And I do believe an inexpensive version of this mold could have been had, however the path JC chooses is irrelevant if success is attained. My point is, it will force other programs to replicate. And that will be a good thing. We have been complacent far too long. Good Luck JC in your decision.