Science Hill Coach?

HighSchoolFanatic

You make it sound like this is a 0-10 team in Johnson City! Will it take some work to go to state? Sure it will! I don't think Science Hill is very far from a conference title or even 2 or 3 games deep into playoffs with the right leader.

And 52 is NOT old!

You are correct...52 is not that old as I'm just behind it, ha, ha. I'm sure they will be a power soon with the right leadership. Sorry to offend.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, obviously everyone knows who my first option would be for SH to hire. It looks as if this won't happen. So, my second option is for Rankin to get it. This would be great because some wacko on here said if Rankin got it, SH would win the state in three years. I would rather him be wrong than for me to be correct! :thumb:

Well, obviously everyone knows who my first option would be for SH to hire. It looks as if this won't happen. So, my second option is for Rankin to get it. This would be great because some wacko on here said if Rankin got it, SH would win the state in three years. I would rather him be wrong than for me to be correct! :thumb:

Volman I hope your not talking about Ralph Nelson. I for one like the direction that the AD and company are taking. Maybe this will motivate some of the talent walking the halls to come out and play. I believe with the right coach in years to come "THE HILL" will compete for the state. I think that Rankin could get the most out of the players there now and years to come.

Details were finalized Tues evening and today. Rankin has been hired. Official notification comes next week after he has time to speak with the Alcoa officials .:lol:

Another note of area interest: Elizabethton's Coach Eddie Pless will step down after the school year ends. They will hire from within the system which will further deepen the Cyclones woes. :D

Edited by hsprepwriter01

Details were finalized Tues evening and today. Rankin has been hired. Official notification comes next week after he has time to speak with the Alcoa officials .:rolleyes:

Another note of area interest: Elizabethton's Coach Eddie Pless will step down after the school year ends. They will hire from within the system which will further deepen the Cyclones woes. :thumb:

Wow, if this is true, the Topper nation must be excited. I'm surprised to say the least. I wish the Toppers the best. You have one of the best coaches in the state. So, Waco, Toppers win the state by '09 right? :lol:

Details were finalized Tues evening and today. Rankin has been hired. Official notification comes next week after he has time to speak with the Alcoa officials .:lol:

Another note of area interest: Elizabethton's Coach Eddie Pless will step down after the school year ends. They will hire from within the system which will further deepen the Cyclones woes. :lol:

Although I wish this were true . . . it isn't.

The interview process is still under way. I have been told that Rankin has not yet been (but will be) interviewed.

I guess we'll all know next Tuesday.

Edited by PowrPlus

Waco you must have heard the same rumor I heard...someone in the "know" says it's a done deal..........Ralphie is the man. This has been in the works for quite some time actually. :lol:

I don't have a problem at all "manning up" and admitting I was hasty in my comments. But, if the Rankin story isn't true, I've still got a chance. Although, as I said before, it isn't looking good now. I'm not the only one who was under the impression that it was a "done deal" either. Believe me, I had all the right in the world to be under this impression as well as a select group of others who are not South fans. Trust me, this is why the SH/South game is back on this year. Anyway, I did learn a lesson. I will not put myself out on a limb like this again, :lol: I do sincerely hope that SH gets Rankin. It would be a huge boost to upper east TN football in general. I was always under the impression that the rest of the state didn't respect us up here. If Rankin takes it, I think it will put us on the football map. I don't think he can win a state in three years as some have predicted, but he will definitely get the SH program some respect.

Details were finalized Tues evening and today. Rankin has been hired. Official notification comes next week after he has time to speak with the Alcoa officials .:D

Another note of area interest: Elizabethton's Coach Eddie Pless will step down after the school year ends. They will hire from within the system which will further deepen the Cyclones woes. :D

One piece of advice for the Science Hill Administration, if they hire Rankin they should keep the resumes of the other coaches they interviewed in a safe place where they can find them. That way when he bolts for another job in a year or two it won't take them as long to hire a new coach! :D

I don't have a problem at all "manning up" and admitting I was hasty in my comments. But, if the Rankin story isn't true, I've still got a chance. Although, as I said before, it isn't looking good now. I'm not the only one who was under the impression that it was a "done deal" either. Believe me, I had all the right in the world to be under this impression as well as a select group of others who are not South fans. Trust me, this is why the SH/South game is back on this year. Anyway, I did learn a lesson. I will not put myself out on a limb like this again, :lol: I do sincerely hope that SH gets Rankin. It would be a huge boost to upper east TN football in general. I was always under the impression that the rest of the state didn't respect us up here. If Rankin takes it, I think it will put us on the football map. I don't think he can win a state in three years as some have predicted, but he will definitely get the SH program some respect.

I don't agree that the rest of the state didn't or doesn't respect "us up here"....I think there is a lot of respect across the state and just because there were no state titles to show doesn't mean this area hasn't been represented well over the years...including Science Hill in the mid 90's (2 qtr final appearances).

I do agree that it would be a great hire and a boost for the area.