Candidates for the McCallie job?

Letsplayball

Well McCallie has been known as a dominate football team! The facts dont lie, ego or not its people like you that give mccallie a reason to have an ego! They are good and they know it, last time i checked that was called confidence not an EGO! :lol::lol:

You dominate? One state championship a lot of schools can say that and most do NOT recruit. You have an easy road to the playoffs by not playing as many games. I been covering high school sports for 25 years and privates are always cocky.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, I am not trying to stir up the pot or step on anyone's toes but I do have a couple of questions about the previous posts. First, it seems every coach's name brought up that is from a public school is shot down with the statement" is he ready to coach in D II". How is coaching there different from DI? The field is still 100 yards long, and you can only put 11 on the field at a time. :lol: (Kidding) Really it is still high school football. Alot of Public School coaches would be great fits and be successful no matter the school. The things that make a coach great have nothing to do with the money, status etc. but more to do with work ethic, knowledge and relationships with school community and parents. Second question do you guys think McCallie will post or open the job up or will they follow the Brentwood Academy trend and contact coaches they are interested in?

Edited by wardawg2038

Guys, I am not trying to stir up the pot or step on anyone's toes but I do have a couple of questions about the previous posts. First, it seems every coach's name brought up that is from a public school is shot down with the statement" is he ready to coach in D II". How is coaching there different from DI? The field is still 100 yards long, and you can only put 11 on the field at a time. :rolleyes: (Kidding) Really it is still high school football. Alot of Public School coaches would be great fits and be successful no matter the school. The things that make a coach great have nothing to do with the money, status etc. but more to do with work ethic, knowledge and relationships with school community and parents. Second question do you guys think McCallie will post or open the job up or will they follow the Brentwood Academy trend and contact coaches they are interested in?

There is indeed a fair amount of unfortunate cockiness amongst the DII folk, as well as unfortunate resentment toward many exceptionally good people who work at the DII level. But there is really more in common between the goals of DI and DII schools and their athletic programs than there are the elements that we let divide us. It's about doing the right thing for the development of high school kids.

That sermon out of the way, McCallie will most likely conduct an "exhaustive national search and seriously consider many extremely attractive unsolicited applicants." Then they'll go after the candidate(s) that they already decided they had wanted to get.

Edited by BlueTiger

Guys, I am not trying to stir up the pot or step on anyone's toes but I do have a couple of questions about the previous posts. First, it seems every coach's name brought up that is from a public school is shot down with the statement" is he ready to coach in D II". How is coaching there different from DI? The field is still 100 yards long, and you can only put 11 on the field at a time. :D (Kidding) Really it is still high school football. Alot of Public School coaches would be great fits and be successful no matter the school. The things that make a coach great have nothing to do with the money, status etc. but more to do with work ethic, knowledge and relationships with school community and parents.

You're right of course. A good coach is a good coach, and a good coach will be succesful anywhere.

I think what some people are maybe thinking is that pretty much every team that plays in DIIAAA is talented and very well coached. You tend to see, for the most part, more complicated schemes week in and week out. Many DI teams also are talented and well coached, of course, but you see it every game in DIIAAA.

Having said that, there are a great many coaches that are currently in DI that would be just as successful, if not more so, than any coach in DII.

You're right of course. A good coach is a good coach, and a good coach will be succesful anywhere.

I think what some people are maybe thinking is that pretty much every team that plays in DIIAAA is talented and very well coached. You tend to see, for the most part, more complicated schemes week in and week out. Many DI teams also are talented and well coached, of course, but you see it every game in DIIAAA.

Having said that, there are a great many coaches that are currently in DI that would be just as successful, if not more so, than any coach in DII.

You are correct, that for the most part, DIIAAA teams have more complex schemes. We are now hopeful, since Potter is at BA, that ALL DIIAAA teams will show more complex schemes. Flatt ran the same plays for so long that everyone in the stands would know what was coming next.

You are correct, that for the most part, DIIAAA teams have more complex schemes. We are now hopeful, since Potter is at BA, that ALL DIIAAA teams will show more complex schemes. Flatt ran the same plays for so long that everyone in the stands would know what was coming next.

:lol:

I sometimes think he was superstitious about that first play! In reality, though, even though BA has run the standard pro set I 80-90%of the time, pretty much every year, the blocking schemes are still nore complicated than what you would see at many high schools. Should be fun to see what different looks the Eagles have in the years to come.

Here's a suggestion for McCallie: hire a coach with a little more perspective and who actually cares about education. Winning football games isn't everything.

And one for all of you: quit wasting so much time on this. It's high school football.

CoachT is not a waste of time.

...now bowling...there's a waste of time!! :unsure:

You dominate? One state championship a lot of schools can say that and most do NOT recruit. You have an easy road to the playoffs by not playing as many games. I been covering high school sports for 25 years and privates are always cocky.

haha okay mr. 25 years of highschool sports coverage! If I gave you a list of the McCallie starters and I bet you couldnt pick which ones are recuited! seeing that most of them are young boys whose families want them to have one of the best educations money can afford! playing sports there is a privlage that goes along with attending! They are STUDENTS before they are ATHLETES!!and if you believe any other, than you shouldnt quit your day job, pal! :lol::lol:

maybe he left because he didnt want to teach any more just coach. Which he will do at Brentwood (besides being athletic director)

You guys should just give up on a head coach and no you cant have ours. It doesnt matter if you got Mike Ditka as a head coach you could never be as good as us and yes we back it up look at our history Mccallie

:P