Will Greeneville Coast to the State?

IMACJack

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The IMAC conference is the weaker conference AGAIN this year in Region 1. Greenville will have to go through the Big 9 AGAIN this year to move on. Science Hill will obviously be a big obstacle but DB has once again stepped up to the plate and are poised to give Mr. Wiggins and crew all they can handle!! But the sleeper will be Tennessee High…mark my words. Wiggins is arguably the best all around player in the N.E.T. But if you have the personnel to match up and keep the ball out of his hands…two thirds of the job is done in defeating Greenville. I believe Science Hill and DB have the players to do just that and still keep up with the rest of the “Wiggins posse”.

The IMAC conference is the weaker conference AGAIN this year in Region 1. Greenville will have to go through the Big 9 AGAIN this year to move on. Science Hill will obviously be a big obstacle but DB has once again stepped up to the plate and are poised to give Mr. Wiggins and crew all they can handle!! But the sleeper will be Tennessee High…mark my words. Wiggins is arguably the best all around player in the N.E.T. But if you have the personnel to match up and keep the ball out of his hands…two thirds of the job is done in defeating Greenville. I believe Science Hill and DB have the players to do just that and still keep up with the rest of the “Wiggins posse”.

We can have this Big 9/IMAC regional discussion but I think there is a lot of region2 talent that could keep both from the 'Boro. Oak Ridge, Farragut, Maryville or Powell could spoil all our fun. And I certainly can't see Broadwayballers scenario of Greeneville v SH in the substate.

Science Hill and DB yes, but TH "no". You will have to average more 30 points a game to advance. You will be lucky to get out the district, or it will be same as last year. If for some miracle you do advance, you will not see the Arbys Classic alumni referees. :lol:

oh great, let's start another Imac vs Big 9 thread again. I say we put it on hold until the end of February. but that will never happen, Barb, We'll never run out of people to rag on the pitiful Imac will we?

So if ya can't beat em join em.

Science Hill wil be tough but I think Greeneville is the better team until Science Hill establishes an inside game.

Edited by Snowman16

oh great, let's start another Imac vs Big 9 thread again. I say we put it on hold until the end of February. but that will never happen, Barb, We'll never run out of people to rag on the pitiful Imac will we?

So if ya can't beat em join em.

Science Hill wil be tough but I think Greeneville is the better team until Science Hill establishes an inside game.

Science Hill needs to establish an "everything evolves around Omar game" much like Greeneville utilizes Wiggins, much like Bradley Central keeps getting the ball to terrence. Science Hill doesn';t even let Omar play the whole game. His points/per shot are just as high as ogelsby and wiggins, his coach just doesn't know how to coach and not play politics.

Edited by BroadwayBaller

Science Hill needs to establish an "everything evolves around Omar game" much like Greeneville utilizes Wiggins, much like Bradley Central keeps getting the ball to terrence. Science Hill doesn';t even let Omar play the whole game. His points/per shot are just as high as ogelsby and wiggins, his coach just doesn't know how to coach and not play politics.

FYI 80% or more of the set plays are set up for the big guys, just assuming Terrence can score at will. Crazy, but true! If the bigg guys could catch, BCHS would be in good shape. :thumb:

I could not figure out the Wattad deal at the Arby's classic. He is hard to stop and is a very very good player. I could not figure out why he was coming out of the game so much. Maybe the coach does not want him to get bigger than the team but my opinion is that you ride that horse. Sure the players around him have got to play just like Greeneville with Wiggins and when the big guys have an off night someone has to step up but heck if you have got a player of that caliber use them.

He snowman, you guys have been a little flat lately have you had somone injured or just not playing really well since the break??? Plenty of time to get it back together before it really is important but I didn't know what was up.

I could not figure out the Wattad deal at the Arby's classic. He is hard to stop and is a very very good player. I could not figure out why he was coming out of the game so much. Maybe the coach does not want him to get bigger than the team but my opinion is that you ride that horse. Sure the players around him have got to play just like Greeneville with Wiggins and when the big guys have an off night someone has to step up but heck if you have got a player of that caliber use them.

He snowman, you guys have been a little flat lately have you had somone injured or just not playing really well since the break??? Plenty of time to get it back together before it really is important but I didn't know what was up.

Maybe,since Omar has signed his LOI with Georgetown, they don't want to risk injury.

Could be the team had become complacent and dependant on him. I know Duncan is always saying Wiggins gives the other guys the confidence to play better defense, but maybe that's not the case with SH. Hard to say. I know as oglesby goes, so goes the Bears. That doesn't seem to be the case with Greeneville. Wiggins has had some off nights and they have still found a way to win.

Hey Snowbaby, I am sure you guys can get back on track against CC tonite...play safe :D

Maybe,since Omar has signed his LOI with Georgetown, they don't want to risk injury.

Could be the team had become complacent and dependant on him. I know Duncan is always saying Wiggins gives the other guys the confidence to play better defense, but maybe that's not the case with SH. Hard to say. I know as oglesby goes, so goes the Bears. That doesn't seem to be the case with Greeneville. Wiggins has had some off nights and they have still found a way to win.

Hey Snowbaby, I am sure you guys can get back on track against CC tonite...play safe :D

You sort of hit it on the head. The Devils depend on wiggins to get it going. but don't rely exclusively on him to get it done. The hill has the ego problem. all the role players don't play there roll. Everyone of them thinks they can be the next Wattad or the next Wiggins, when in reality maybe 1 guy has that much potential. Coach Duncan makes sure his role players play their role. Can;t say the same about Ken Cutlip. No control over the situation. Good game plans, but no reactions. Too much one-on-one, not enough sets to get the "star" the ball. When Wiggins is on the floor at greeneville he at least touches the ball almost every possession. Watch the toppers play and their will be 3-6 minutes periods where the rest of the team doesn't even get the ball to Omar. Selfishness is a trait in every athlete, however a good coach makes sure the players put winning over selfishness... something the coach at SHHS hasn't done

Science Hill and DB yes, but TH "no". You will have to average more 30 points a game to advance. You will be lucky to get out the district, or it will be same as last year. If for some miracle you do advance, you will not see the Arbys Classic alumni referees. :thumb:

I don’t know about that. 36 points was enough to beat down the Tribe…or have you forgotten!!! And that was in Buck’s dome with the always present DB alumni referees in affect. :ph34r:

Omar has his ride. I don’t think Coach Cutlip is satisfied with just winning …he realizes that there is life after Wattad. And what is the big problem…Science Hill has only lost ONE game that counted all season long and that was the loss to DB. His game plan makes great sense to me…he is developing and getting his future players (most of which are sophomores) real game time experience while at the same time WINNING GAMES. That's called building a program. Those of you that don’t understand and criticizes his use of Wattad will be eating crow for the next two years :thumb: !! He is also in more of an inner city situation than most of us, and some of his decisions about who plays and who doesn’t goes well beyond basketball. I’m willing to bet that come tournament time Mr. Wattad will have more than his share of the spotlight.