temple vs. grace baptist(this friday)

fargen01

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Temple on your win over Grace tonight.

It was good to see Seth Skogen have a great game with 30 points and Dee Newson with a tremendous effort with 20. And Josh Smith does it again on defense -- holding McMasters scoreless. Great job by Jeremy Sexton getting 12 points. This kid is really going to go places in the future. Props to the rest of the team for taking care of business tonight against the Golden Eagles. Let's keep it going.

That was the best man to man defense I have seen Temple play since the Templeton era. Graces young guards had a real hard time handling the pressure. That is one reason Carter couldn't get the ball down low. The guards were having such a hard time getting a pass off without a deflection and throwing it out of bounds. I would like to know how many turnovers Grace had. The second reason Carter did not get the ball down low is he doesn't want to work real hard to get position. It looked to me like he would rather face up to the basket and shoot 15-18 footers over the shorter defender.

Everyone can talk about how good Temple played defense and shot, but I think they still have a lot of room to improve. Grace is not that good although I do think the next game should be more in the 15-20 point differential range.

Jeremy Sexton will certainly go places after this year.....like Ooltewah when he has no one left to play with!

Carter has now played great and has played poorly....he is a kid so that is going to happen. He is being recruited and projected for his abilities based on talent and height.....not how he played last night or even this year!

How a team plays in January is great, but March is a long way away. One injury, one attitude, one problem when you only play six (excluding last night and blowouts) could prove disasterous!