Jefferson County Position by Position

PatriotMan

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless the good ole boy system comes in to play !!

What exactly do you mean by "the good ole boy system"? Justin Anderson has been around the program his whole life and knows alot about football. Losing to him is much different and hits a lot harder than it does to other "outside" coaches because he grew up loving the patriots. I think that keeping him as the head coach will be the best decision. Keep the foundation that has been established unstead of bringing in something new....again. The program is in desperate need for some stability or the numbers will (like before) drop again. Go Pats!

Just for you Topgun, because you are a nice guy lol. This is what Kisabeth had to say. I keep meaning to get a plus membership so I can post when they shut us down here again. I think we should just start a JeffersonCountySports.com, would be a lot easier :P

Oh BTW, Jefferson County just finalized plans for a spring game against Carter, to be played at C-N's Burke-Tarr. I think it's either May 15 or 16. Ill let ya know tomorrow.

Wanted: one head football coach

Sorry DZ. Didn't mean to miss quote. I'll be more specific next time. I like the idea about a JC sports site. I think its long over due. Especially if you look at the other schools' FB web sites. Pictures, stats, etc... I did find one on the web but it was a old one from a few years ago and was never finished. Couldn't really tell if it was school affiliated or not but it had a link to the HS. I would do it but I'm not to savy at setting up web sites. I think it would be a great motivational tool for the players and a great way to help get students to play. What do you think???

Edited by Topgun

Two best they could hire in order.

1) Mark Cagle- don't know if he's interested or not, but he's the perfect man for the job. He currently coaches in SC, but played at JC and won National Championship at Furman. Family is well known in Community and he's got the experience and savvy that is needed right now.

2) Joe Pinkerton- he's been assistant on Maryville staff for all the titles. He's another great christian guy that grew up in Jeff City. He doesn't have the experience that Mark has of being head coach, but he's seen first hand how it should be done.

Honorable mention- Lamar Brown- he's proven himself very capable at Morristown West.

JMHO- from a former Patriot.

I'm sure there will be a lot of qualified applicants. Affordability is the issue. Rumor has it Coach Anderson was at White Pine the other day and at the county middle school track meet this week at Maury. Must have been scope'n out some runners.

Gut knows you HAVE TO GET OUT in the communities to see what talent there is out there. Thats just one of the pluses about Coach Anderson.

Edited by Warlock

Gut knows you HAVE TO GET OUT in the communities to see what talent there is out there. Thats just one of the pluses about Coach Anderson.

I believe he will do a great job as HC. I just hope the administration hasn't blown a lot of hot air up his skirt and then jerk the rug out from underneath him.

Edited by Topgun

I think Mark would be a great choice too. He has been in SC a long time and may be to expensive in his retirement. Chuck King would be a good choice too. I think one of the "problems" with some in regards to Pinkerton is he went to Webb instead of Jeff Co. I think from what I hear about Brown he would be very good choice. I think Justin knows what it is going to take to turn things around. I think the future is bright.

Edited by PatriotMan